Page 145 of 934
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245645 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:34 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I have done some DD on ALB and am considering going long there. I may share tomorrow.
I've got some ALB, so I watch it. It's been down a fair bit from the peak, and I read an article that made no sense to me. Apparently they do a lot of business in lithium, and the articles was pessimistic about them, but with logic that I don't get. They said that demand for lithium is rising quickly since it's used in a lot of batteries and things, and it's rising quickly enough that the author thought that suppliers (of which Albemarle is a major one) would increase supply so rapidly that prices would fall.

Um, okay. A market leader is going to suffer because the demand for their product is going through the roof?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:25 PM 07-19-2018
UGH IQ took another dump today

fuuuuu
[Reply]
lewdog 08:46 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

fuuuuu
I told you to buckle in.

Are you not listening to me?!?!
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:50 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've got some ALB, so I watch it. It's been down a fair bit from the peak, and I read an article that made no sense to me. Apparently they do a lot of business in lithium, and the articles was pessimistic about them, but with logic that I don't get. They said that demand for lithium is rising quickly since it's used in a lot of batteries and things, and it's rising quickly enough that the author thought that suppliers (of which Albemarle is a major one) would increase supply so rapidly that prices would fall.

Um, okay. A market leader is going to suffer because the demand for their product is going through the roof?
The issue was that Argentina gave out a large quota to a rival. The near term Outlook was that the market would be oversupplied. However, in reading an earnings call, 100% of their capacity is already under long term contracts. I haven't written this all up yet, but the Outlook is strong in my mind.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:56 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I told you to buckle in.

Are you not listening to me?!?!
I'm half tempted to double down now that it's dropped again. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:22 PM 07-19-2018
I'm half tempted to double down now that it's dropped again. :-)
You mean with another $25k you have lying around?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:35 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You mean with another $25k you have lying around?
I was thinking more like 10k...I don't have the balls though. :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 09:40 PM 07-19-2018

fuuuuu
Are you trading on your own?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:44 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Looks like he invested the fifty spot he owes you...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 PM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I've only had ETFs for years but got a wild hair up my ass about making some quick cash to put more money down on a house next year.

We'll see how IQ does.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:29 AM 07-20-2018
This GE stock is killing me. Anyone following it closely enough to know if they're going to keep going down and/or if they're going to keep their dividend? They cut it in half last year, but it's still decent.

I don't lose the money until I sell it, and if I can keep the dividend I'll just wait it out (assuming the company survives).
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:06 AM 07-22-2018
FYI

IQ has 118 institutional investors including vanguard group with 1.2 million shares,
blackstone group 2 million shares ,Wells Fargo 3.2 million shares

Looks like Hillhouse Capital owns a huge chunk 15% of IQ. also owns big in HUYA 17% and had 3 mil shares of BABA but dropped 1,5 mil shares.

https://fintel.io/so/us/iq
[Reply]
lewdog 10:43 AM 07-22-2018
Vanguard to offer nearly 1,800 commission free ETFs.

https://investornews.vanguard/coming...-to-investors/

Originally Posted by :
In August, you’ll have access to almost all ETFs—from Vanguard and more than a hundred other companies—commission-free when you invest online. We’re excluding inverse and leveraged ETFs because their speculative nature runs counter to our investors’ focus on long-term success.

This lineup of nearly 1,800 commission-free ETFs joins the more than 2,500 no-transaction-fee mutual funds we already offer. And for investors using individual stocks and bonds to build diversified portfolios, we provide competitive commissions, with many investors paying as little as $2 for online stock trades.

“Vanguard wants to be the premier provider for long-term investors who want the flexibility to hold a wide array of low-cost funds and ETFs, coupled with the convenience of interacting with a single firm,” said Risi. “Investors will be able to assemble balanced, diversified portfolios from virtually the full universe of ETFs to meet their financial goals, add additional assets regularly, and periodically rebalance—all without paying a commission.”

But we know it’s about more than just access and low costs. We’ve made considerable enhancements to our brokerage platform over the past several years. And there are plans to invest even more to keep improving your online experience and trading capabilities.

Our focus on providing you with high-quality mutual funds and ETFs has never been stronger. Our settlement accounts are allocated to Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund (VMFXX), which currently yields 1.82%. That’s more than five times the average market rate.* And our Vanguard ETFs continue to offer superior performance—with 95% of them beating the returns of their peer-group averages over the past 10 years.** (Learn more about ETFs and why they’re gaining in popularity.)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 AM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
FYI

IQ has 118 institutional investors including vanguard group with 1.2 million shares,
blackstone group 2 million shares ,Wells Fargo 3.2 million shares

Looks like Hillhouse Capital owns a huge chunk 15% of IQ. also owns big in HUYA 17% and had 3 mil shares of BABA but dropped 1,5 mil shares.

https://fintel.io/so/us/iq

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:16 PM 07-23-2018

I saw this a few days ago. It takes the bottom 282 companies from the S&P 500 market caps to match the 5 on the right. Sort of interesting from a diversification perspective. Especially since the 5 companies move with tech generally

It's hard to argue with results though. Microsoft did good last week and alphabet/goog just beat analyst earnings expectations by 23% today
[Reply]
Page 145 of 934
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245645 > Last »
Up