ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 313
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:14 PM 08-03-2021
Defense has looked really good.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:15 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Nick Bolton is really good at football. I can't imagine claiming otherwise.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:17 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I thought with the 17 game schedule the roster went to 55 ???
I believe the rule is that for game days, you can elevate up to 2 people to the active roster from your practice squad without having to use a roster move/s.

So, you can't use those two spots (54, 55) to stash guys at the bottom of the roster, they have to be members of the practice squad (12 spots).
[Reply]
Dante84 05:19 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm not scared for Brown, but I am... taking note. Mostly because I think he will be just as good as Fisher was (or wasn't), but it matters when thinking about extending him.
Yeah I'm more viewing it as half-full, thinking that Jones is balling out at DE.

I'll wait to see how Brown looks on the field in preseason before making judgements there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:54 PM 08-03-2021
Yeah I'm more viewing it as half-full, thinking that Jones is balling out at DE.

I'll wait to see how Brown looks on the field in preseason before making judgements there.
Yeah. The flip side is that if Brown was stonewalling Jones, then we would all be freaking out about the pass rush.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:01 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I thought with the 17 game schedule the roster went to 55 ???
I believe the rule is that for game days, you can elevate up to 2 people to the active roster from your practice squad without having to use a roster move/s.

So, you can't use those two spots (54, 55) to stash guys at the bottom of the roster, they have to be members of the practice squad (12 spots).
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ter-rules-2021

The NFL will carry over a series of 2020 roster rules designed to maintain adequate numbers if players are sidelined by positive COVID-19 tests.

The decision had been long anticipated but was confirmed during a media briefing Friday by Dawn Aponte, the NFL's chief football administrative officer.

The rules include:

Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

Players placed on injured reserve can return after three weeks, rather than six as in normal seasons.

Removal of the limit for how many players can be activated from injured reserve.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:18 PM 08-03-2021
Nice, thank you!

Love that it’s up to 16, and I also like that they let guys stay on it instead of timing them out after 2 seasons.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:12 PM 08-03-2021
Nice, thank you!

Love that it’s up to 16, and I also like that they let guys stay on it instead of timing them out after 2 seasons.
It just means Dieter will be here forever.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:15 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yeah. The flip side is that if Brown was stonewalling Jones, then we would all be freaking out about the pass rush.
It's like when I watch It's A Wonderful Life every Christmas. I know what's coming and yet I find myself choked up anyway.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 07:39 PM 08-03-2021
If they like Long or LDT for one of the backup oline spots, I could see them stashing one or even both of those two on the PUP list to start the season. They both are coming off a long break, it would make sense not to expose them too much and ease them back. Meanwhile the young guys benefit from their experience and possibly more playing\practice time.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:53 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
If they like Long or LDT for one of the backup oline spots, I could see them stashing one or even both of those two on the PUP list to start the season. They both are coming off a long break, it would make sense not to expose them too much and ease them back. Meanwhile the young guys benefit from their experience and possibly more playing\practice time.
I like the dog picture in your avatar. That’s one cool pup!
[Reply]
Bowser 08:27 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It just means Dieter will be here forever.
I want to be Gehrig Deiter or Chase Daniel in my next life.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:50 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I would trade Tyreek for the right price. However, that right price involves three first rounders, two second rounders, and one third. That's the price for a generational talent in his prime.
I am sure someone has said this, but trading Tyreek would be stupid. Hill's speed makes Mahomes even that much more dangerous, and Patrick's arm strength and arm talent make Tyreek that much more dangerous.

Together they are like cheat codes for each other.

There are other receivers almost as fast as Tyreek, like Hardman, but Tyreek has elite ball skills and despite his size, he has a ridiculous catch radius.

There are a couple of quarterbacks with big arms, but none of them have Patrick's innate ability when it comes to different ways to get the ball to his receivers.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:56 PM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am sure someone has said this, but trading Tyreek would be stupid. Hill's speed makes Mahomes even that much more dangerous, and Patrick's arm strength and arm talent make Tyreek that much more dangerous.

Together they are like cheat codes for each other.

There are other receivers almost as fast as Tyreek, like Hardman, but Tyreek has elite ball skills and despite his size, he has a ridiculous catch radius.

There are a couple of quarterbacks with big arms, but none of them have Patrick's innate ability when it comes to different ways to get the ball to his receivers.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
There is a right time to trade Hill though. This just isn’t it.

When his decline starts, someone will still give up what he used to be worth. Successful teams are able to recognize that point and move on before overpaying a declining talent.

Luckily, we’re at least 5-6 years away from that point. I trust Veach.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:05 PM 08-03-2021
I bet Patrick would take a pay cut down the line to keep Tyreek here.

I want them both as Cheeves forever.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 313
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up