ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Wk 21
DenverChief 09:27 PM 01-29-2023
1. Defense. Collectively as a team played very well, sacks, picks and keeping us in the game until the end. Williams (1 Int), Watson (1 Int), Jones (2 sacks), Clark(1.5 sacks), Karlaftis (1 sack), Gay (.5 sack), Cook (1 deflection).

2. Patrick Mahomes. Gutting out the ankle pain and making it happen with a depleted offense. Then with it all on the line sprints for the first down and draws the roughing penalty to give Butker his shot. 5 AFC Championships in 5 years as a starter and 3 Super Bowl Appearances. We are truly blessed and living in the golden era of Chiefs football.

3. Skyy Moore on the punt return at the end of the game. What a way to set us up for the winning field goal. Without that good run back we don't have a chance. Kudos to him and Toub working on his punt duties and getting him solid.

4. Butker. Clutch kicking the whole game and nails when we needed it the most. We are lucky to have such a good kicker.

5. Offensive line. Collectively helped keep Mahomes on his feet only gave up 2 sacks (realistically 1 sack, one was on a failed Mahomes run).

6. Stupid penalties. Wylie (taunting) and Cook (Defensive holding/PI) had a couple of stupid penalties. Glad it didn't cost us in the end.

7. MVS. Once again makes clutch TD catches to keep us in front of the Bengals. He lead all receivers with 116 yds and a TD. Next man up in the WR room. Honorable mention to Marcus Kemp for a critical 13 yard catch to keep the drive alive late.

8. Kelce. While he wasn't lights out he was our #2 in yards and scoring. He just keeps this team going, I fear the day he decides to hang it up.

9. Injuries. We had a lot in this game and I hope they can all come back for the SB. Sneed (Concussion), JJSS (Knee), Hardman (groin aggravation) and Toney (Ankle). We will need them to keep pace with an explosive Eagles offense.

10. Pacheco. While he wasn't super flashy this game he did manage to roll up 85 total yards of offense for us Rushing and Receiving. With as close as this game was all those yards counted.

ON TO THE SUPERBOWL!!
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 10:18 PM 01-29-2023
I loved that punt return for Skyy. Not just because it set us up for the kick, but it has to be such a confidence booster for him coming off a season with some tough moments and not really contributing like we thought he might coming out of training camp.

I think he's going to grow a ton this off-season and be a strong contributor for us next year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The refs had one of the cleanest games I've seen.

There was perhaps a holding call on the Bengals which was ticky-tack, but I can't remember if it mattered.

Every other call was legit.

When the losing fanbase can only point to "that should have been holding on the offensive line" comments, you know they don't have shit.
The holding on Creed was weak. They missed several holds on Jones that would have changed the game. Moreover they royally fucked up that clock thing. If I were a bengals fan, I'd be furious. Made no impact, but son of a bitch that's inexcusable. Obviously they're going to throw a fit about the PF call, but fuck that bitch. That's a dirty fucking play.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:21 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The holding on Creed was weak. They missed several holds on Jones that would have changed the game. Moreover they royally fucked up that clock thing. If I were a bengals fan, I'd be furious. Made no impact, but son of a bitch that's inexcusable. Obviously they're going to throw a fit about the PF call, but fuck that bitch. That's a dirty fucking play.
From what I understood On the clock thing, the ref ran in and tried to stop the play but Arrowhead was so loud nobody heard the whistle.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:22 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I loved that punt return for Skyy. Not just because it set us up for the kick, but it has to be such a confidence booster for him coming off a season with some tough moments and not really contributing like we thought he might coming out of training camp.

I think he's going to grow a ton this off-season and be a strong contributor for us next year.
Same. I wish he was a better receiver, but I ran around like a horses ass after that return.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:24 PM 01-29-2023
From what I understood On the clock thing, the ref ran in and tried to stop the play but Arrowhead was so loud nobody heard the whistle.
Yep. He was on the field waving and whistling.

Crowd seemed very loud
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:26 PM 01-29-2023
Still a pretty huge gaffe. He made the the announcement and shit, and when the clock didn't start, they should have got it done MUCH sooner.

That's pretty horrendous.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:03 PM 01-29-2023
Best defensive performance all year. Proved me wrong when Andy Punted on th n 8 with 230 left. I thought it was week 13 all over again. Just unrecognizable, this defensive unit compared to week 13.

Massive redzone stops holding them to 3 points, when our redzone d has been atrocious all season.

To do it without Sneed as well, just super clutch.

Chris Jones was absolutely possessed out there and it was a good thing too, because it overcame more baffling 3rd and long gaffes that continue to be the bane of our existence defensively.

To destroy the drive after surrendering the 3rd and long after the grounding was huge resilience. Massively clutch.

Gotta say, the nerves were HIGH with a trip to the superbowl on the line, and we trotted Skyy Moore out there. The profanity laced tirade spewed at my TV was legendary. The kid pulled it off. Had to be such a massive boost to his confidence. 27 yards and gave us the shot to go win it.

Heart is still pounding, eye twitching, lips numb, hands shaking. Just a crazy crazy game.

Oh, and that mother fucking Lazer to MVS, damn near went through the roof on that throw.
[Reply]
trndobrd 11:10 PM 01-29-2023
First off, I've been putting up with this "level headed" crap all season. Runs completely counter to the entire spirit of crazy hot takes, uninformed opinion, and nonsensical reasoning that is Chiefs Planet. Now, the time for "level headed" is over. The Chiefs have punched their ticket to the Super Bowl!

However, as the post game victory buzz wears off, some kudos are in order.

1. Chris Jones. Broke the seal on Playoff Sacks. Wanted to be 'the man'....was 'the man' and changed the game. Got in the Maculy Culkin/Jeffrey Dahlmer love child's head early. Stayed there the entire game. Eagles are next up.

2. Julie Frymeyer Chiefs trainer that worked out Mahomes rehab and the entire training staff that got Kelce, Hardman, and every other player ready for the game.

3. That Mahomes guy. Kept himself in the game, didn't take risks until it mattered most. Proved to everyone that he can not only win by flashy plays, but by managing the game and gutting it out.

4. Sky Moore, didn't let his earlier return problems get in his head. Was mentally tough when it mattered.

5. Same with Butker. Despite early season injuries, was nails today. Even without the penalty, no doubt he would have hit the game winning FG.

6. Playoff Frank Clark for getting his sack and speaking the truth. "Where they at? In the locker room crying." Have a cigar Frank.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1619913787628482561

7. Travis Kelce for working through the back issues and his post game reflections on Cini Mayor.

8. Spags for calling a great game and the entire Defensive coaching staff for turning a bunch of rookies into a Super Bowl caliber defensive unit.

9. Andy Reid. Because he is Andy Reid.
10. MVS and Pacheko. Last men standing on the offense. Toughed it out and made plays.
[Reply]
DenverChief 11:14 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Best defensive performance all year. Proved me wrong when Andy Punted on th n 8 with 230 left. I thought it was week 13 all over again. Just unrecognizable, this defensive unit compared to week 13.

Massive redzone stops holding them to 3 points, when our redzone d has been atrocious all season.

Chris Jones was absolutely possessed out there and it was a good thing too, because it overcame more baffling 3rd and long gaffes that continue to be the bane of our existence defensively.

To destroy the drive after surrendering the 3rd and long after the grounding was huge resilience. Massively clutch.

Gotta say, the nerves were HIGH with a trip to the superbowl on the line, and we trotted Skyy Moore out there. The profanity laced tirade spewed at my TV was legendary. The kid pulled it off. Had to be such a massive boost to his confidence. 27 yards and gave us the shot to go win it.

Heart is still pounding, eye twitching, lips numb, hands shaking. Just a crazy crazy game.

Oh, and that mother ****ing Lazer to MVS, damn near went through the roof on that throw.
I’m sure the profanity laced tirade was legendary :-)
[Reply]
DenverChief 11:18 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
First off, I've been putting up with this "level headed" crap all season. Runs completely counter to the entire spirit of crazy hot takes, uninformed opinion, and nonsensical reasoning that is Chiefs Planet. Now, the time for "level headed" is over. The Chiefs have punched their ticket to the Super Bowl!

However, as the post game victory buzz wears off, some kudos are in order.

1. Chris Jones. Broke the seal on Playoff Sacks. Wanted to be 'the man'....was 'the man' and changed the game. Got in the Maculy Culkin/Jeffrey Dahlmer love child's head early. Stayed there the entire game. Eagles are next up.

2. Julie Frymeyer Chiefs trainer that worked out Mahomes rehab and the entire training staff that got Kelce, Hardman, and every other player ready for the game.

3. That Mahomes guy. Kept himself in the game, didn't take risks until it mattered most. Proved to everyone that he can not only win by flashy plays, but by managing the game and gutting it out.

4. Sky Moore, didn't let his earlier return problems get in his head. Was mentally tough when it mattered.

5. Same with Butker. Despite early season injuries, was nails today. Even without the penalty, no doubt he would have hit the game winning FG.

6. Playoff Frank Clark for getting his sack and speaking the truth. "Where they at? In the locker room crying." Have a cigar Frank.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1619913787628482561

7. Travis Kelce for working through the back issues and his post game reflections on Cini Mayor.

8. Spags for calling a great game and the entire Defensive coaching staff for turning a bunch of rookies into a Super Bowl caliber defensive unit.

9. Andy Reid. Because he is Andy Reid.
10. MVS and Pacheko. Last men standing on the offense. Toughed it out and made plays.
:-) - love it. Love all the input :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:22 PM 01-29-2023
I'm usually pretty damn optimistic and one to dismiss the crap.. take the AFCCG last year. So much crap, but still had chances to win, still won the OT toss... I didn't really have a sinking feeling until the pick in OT.

But damn, guys going down left and right tonight... 6-0 is fine, but feels like it should be 13. Bengals started adjusting to the Chiefs' pressure with those little screens (much like 2020 Bucs), and adjusting on defense with some different looks... and that leads to a series of events that tie the game at 13 intead of something like 20-10. THEN you have them on their heels again after a great heart stopping drive for 20-13 just to have Mahomes fumble...

Holy fuck, the amount of grit to win this game was unbelievable... thought I was going to stroke out and I wasn't even there.

Hoping the Eagles mayor says some stupid shit this week...
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:41 PM 01-29-2023
RZ defense today:
1/3, 33%
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:44 PM 01-29-2023
Mahomes is already top 10 all time in playoff touchdowns. Everyone else in the top 25 had a minimum of 10 years in the league.

He's also moved into 16th for yards in the playoffs.

He also set the the NFL record tonight for total yards in a season including playoffs. He has an outside shot at the first 7,000 yard season in the NFL.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:49 PM 01-29-2023
Special Teams were clutch as hell. Obviously great FG kicking from Butker. Great punt return from Skyy Moore at the end. But also some pretty damn clutch punting by Tommy Townsend to put Cincy in tough field position. No silly mistakes tonight on Special Teams and they made game-changing plays to help win the game.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:52 PM 01-29-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Oh, and that mother ****ing Lazer to MVS, damn near went through the roof on that throw.
Beyond impressive, IMO. Our leader in the secondary goes out early and the rookies HAVE to step up. And they did in spades.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up