Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:36 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I don't believe we've seen the best of Clyde yet. His second TD against LV was a thing of beauty. We need more of that.
I think we saw the best of Clyde prior to his injury his rookie season. He hasn’t looked like that guy for a while.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:38 PM 12-23-2021
And by the way, if you add in Darrell Williams, the numbers don't improve.

Williams has 67 carries on first down, bringing the total for the two of them almost to Taylor's 147.

But Williams again only has 34 carries on 2nd down.

2nd down is the money down for RB's. It's the down where the offense can basically call any play it wants.

The Chiefs simply don't run the ball on 2nd down as much as most other teams and that's why our RB's don't produce like other teams.

Look, I'm not saying our RB's can't improve. They can. But looking around the league and wishing we had this guy or that guy is pointless. They're not going to be "that" guy in this offense. They're more likely just going to be another CEH.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 03:43 PM 12-23-2021
Clyde can produce if the gameplan is to run the ball. Chiefs offense just prefers to pass for good reason. We've seen what he can do when given 20+ carries in a game against Buffalo last year. Comparing him to Taylor doesn't make sense when he's getting the ball 30 times a game for the colts.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:47 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Clyde can produce if the gameplan is to run the ball. Chiefs offense just prefers to pass for good reason. We've seen what he can do when given 20+ carries in a game against Buffalo last year.
So you think he’d improve if we shifted toward a “run first” game plan? Where teams would play the run first, I’m not seeing it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:01 PM 12-23-2021
Wait, we're still refusing to acknowledge Taylor is the far superior player to CEH? He's literally putting up MVP numbers as a RB. It's okay to acknowledge we took the wrong guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:03 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wait, we're still refusing to acknowledge Taylor is the far superior player to CEH? He's literally putting up MVP numbers as a RB. It's okay to acknowledge we took the wrong guy.
Nope. Nobody has said CEH is even close to being as good as Taylor.

They're utilized very differently however and that's why he's part of the discussion.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:13 PM 12-23-2021
Hunt in 2018 averaged 16.4 attempts per game before he was cut. Taylor in 2021 averages 18 attempts per game.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:16 PM 12-23-2021
Broke Dick D’Andre Swift or CEH?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 12-23-2021
Hunt in 2018 averaged 16.4 attempts per game before he was cut. Taylor in 2021 averages 18 attempts per game.
Taylor has had only two games where he didn't get at least 15 attempts and he's had zero games where he got less than 10.

Hunt, in 2017, had six games where he got less than 15 carries and two where he got less than 10.

Futhermore, Taylor has 270 rushing attempts this season with 3 games left.

Andy Reid, in his 22nd year of being a head coach has given a RB more than 270 carries SIX times.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:19 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Broke Dick D’Andre Swift or CEH?
Swift is the guy most everybody wanted but now in hindsight, we have this.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 04:31 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You know how many running backs had over 4,000 rushing yards with the Patriots during their dynasty run (2000-2020)? Zero.

The most was Kevin Faulk with 3,600. Followed by Corey Dillon (3,200), LeGarrette Blount (2,900), Stevan Ridley (2,800), and Antowain Smith (2,800).
??? All of those running backs were impressive in their own right. Some were studs with other teams prior.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:32 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Taylor has had only two games where he didn't get at least 15 attempts and he's had zero games where he got less than 10.

Hunt, in 2017, had six games where he got less than 15 carries and two where he got less than 10.

Futhermore, Taylor has 270 rushing attempts this season with 3 games left.

Andy Reid, in his 22nd year of being a head coach has given a RB more than 270 carries SIX times.
Okay? Picking arbitrary numbers and trying to debate off them doesn't change these numbers. Hunt was the most talented RB we've had with Mahomes and he averaged 16.4 carries a game. Taylor this season averages 18 carries a game. Taylor would've just been another in our superstar stable instead of the lone horse in Indy, sure, but the touches wouldn't have been that demonstrably different.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:41 PM 12-23-2021
Let's nip the narrative that he can't run from shotgun in the bud. Data taken from a PFF article in mid November. Left is under center. Right is shotgun.

PFF grade 88.5 87.3
Attempts 123 70
Yards 729 393
YPC. 5.9 5.6
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:44 PM 12-23-2021
Okay? Picking arbitrary numbers and trying to debate off them doesn't change these numbers. Hunt was the most talented RB we've had with Mahomes and he averaged 16.4 carries a game. Taylor this season averages 18 carries a game. Taylor would've just been another in our superstar stable instead of the lone horse in Indy, sure, but the touches wouldn't have been that demonstrably different.
Dude, you can't use carries per game. That's why I gave you the short end numbers. The long end numbers matter too - Hunt's per game average is dramatically inflated by two games where he get 29 carries each. You have to look at the carries by game (not per game) to see that Andy Reid RB's don't get the benefit of continuity.

It's about deviation from the mean. Taylor average 18 carries a game and if you look at his low/high splits, he averages RIGHT AT 15-20 carries a game, every game.

Hunt, in 2017, would carry it 9 times one week, 25 the next, then 11, and 22, then 9 again.

I could go back through every one of Andy Reid's season as a head coach and show you PRECISELY that the touches would be diffrent because they ARE. It's a fact.

For a team like Indy, running the ball is part of the plan. For Andy Reid, running the ball has ALWAYS been about opportunity, not commitment.

I'm not suggesting Taylor wouldn't be a GREAT RB here. But he wouldn't be an MVP candidate here. He wouldn't even be an MVP candidate if Alex Smith were still here. He wouldn't have enough constancy to get there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:59 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, you can't use carries per game. That's why I gave you the short end numbers. The long end numbers matter too - Hunt's per game average is dramatically inflated by two games where he get 29 carries each. You have to look at the carries by game (not per game) to see that Andy Reid RB's don't get the benefit of continuity.

It's about deviation from the mean. Taylor average 18 carries a game and if you look at his low/high splits, he averages RIGHT AT 15-20 carries a game, every game.

Hunt, in 2017, would carry it 9 times one week, 25 the next, then 11, and 22, then 9 again.

I could go back through every one of Andy Reid's season as a head coach and show you PRECISELY that the touches would be diffrent because they ARE. It's a fact.

For a team like Indy, running the ball is part of the plan. For Andy Reid, running the ball has ALWAYS been about opportunity, not commitment.

I'm not suggesting Taylor wouldn't be a GREAT RB here. But he wouldn't be an MVP candidate here. He wouldn't even be an MVP candidate if Alex Smith were still here. He wouldn't have enough constancy to get there.
You're also applying logic that doesn't really apply to the Chiefs in 2021. Looking at our game logs this season you'll see a pretty consistent picture of the lead back getting at the very least more than 10 carries. The two outliers are the Bills and Titans games where we were forced to throw the ball at an extremely high rate out of necessity since we were getting blown out.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 80
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up