ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 94
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:20 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
London would make a lot of sense if Pizzolatto wants to keep with the sex crime shit considering the BBC / Royal Family pedophile scandals.
I am pretty sure that was what season 1 was based on with a dash of the Texas killing fields.

Season 2 of course is Bell, California.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:26 PM 08-12-2015
Next location....Montana.

Home of the Unabomber.

/Need I say more
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:30 PM 08-12-2015
Prison. Tango & Cash meets Oz.
[Reply]
Bambi 07:22 PM 08-12-2015
London would make a lot of sense if Pizzolatto wants to keep with the sex crime shit considering the BBC / Royal Family pedophile scandals.
It's becoming very difficult nowadays to do a shocking drama that doesn't involve pedos.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:23 PM 08-12-2015
I think setting Season 3 in London would be a complete disaster.

It's pretty clear that Nic basis a large part of his screenplays off of his personal experiences. What made Season 1 feel so intimate was that the screenwriter literally grew up in that location (and by all accounts, had a pretty rough childhood). He then based Season 2 off of his present surroundings (LA).

With his flat-out refusal to surround himself in a writers room (he composes the entire screenplay on his own), basing a storyline so far removed from his personal experiences would be begging for disaster.

Or HBO could force him to bring on a writing staff (a staff that could have interconnected his storylines and delivered on a worthy twist could have lifted Season 1 to an all time great). We'll see what HBO does here, it's.. rather unlikely they're going to sit on their hands after the criticism received by Season 2.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 PM 08-13-2015
Been done but the Cajun culture would be unique. Not the New Orleans crap. I'm talking deep bayou. The ones that don't think they are part of the USA. I had a 90 year old grandma tell me to hit the road because I asked when the bus came to get me out of town. The two old geezers playing checkers across the room cocked a shotgun and said you should listen to her boy.

You got voodo, mistrust, lots of closed community. Good TV cocktail if done correctly.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:44 PM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by Bambi:
It's becoming very difficult nowadays to do a shocking drama that doesn't involve pedos.
Cannibals could be shocking. Some sort of sadistic rape and human trafficking cult could be shocking.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:08 PM 08-13-2015
Cannibals could be shocking. Some sort of sadistic rape and human trafficking cult could be shocking.
I would say don't do a murder, at least not at first, for season 3. An art heist would be fun I think.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:11 PM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I would say don't do a murder, at least not at first, for season 3. An art heist would be fun I think.
It should be a high dollar type of crime, for certain. That's what kind of fell flat about season two... Having Frank getting muscled out of the land deals for the bullet train didn't elicit any sort of concern from me at least because of him being a mobster and the fact it just wasn't that important of a story point compared to everything else that happened. It was relevant to what set events in motion but it just didn't feel like there were any stakes involved to the characters not named Semyon. Had he been a legitimate businessman that got fucked out of the deal and then he turned to thuggery and the conflicted emotions from him and his wife, it would have been one thing. But once we were shown how violent Frank was willing to get it just didn't seem like a big deal and it was more about watching to see if he could muscle his way back into the money.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:35 PM 08-13-2015
It should be a high dollar type of crime, for certain. That's what kind of fell flat about season two... Having Frank getting muscled out of the land deals for the bullet train didn't elicit any sort of concern from me at least because of him being a mobster and the fact it just wasn't that important of a story point compared to everything else that happened. It was relevant to what set events in motion but it just didn't feel like there were any stakes involved to the characters not named Semyon. Had he been a legitimate businessman that got ****ed out of the deal and then he turned to thuggery and the conflicted emotions from him and his wife, it would have been one thing. But once we were shown how violent Frank was willing to get it just didn't seem like a big deal and it was more about watching to see if he could muscle his way back into the money.
Art theft is unique in that a buyer basically hires the thieves for specific pieces. The thieves will pass up higher valued pieces to get what is on their list. Of course, it is incredibly hard to sell the pieces on the open market since they would be really well known.

Have the heist go south and the detectives need to find out the thieves and who hired them.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:53 AM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Art theft is unique in that a buyer basically hires the thieves for specific pieces. The thieves will pass up higher valued pieces to get what is on their list. Of course, it is incredibly hard to sell the pieces on the open market since they would be really well known.

Have the heist go south and the detectives need to find out the thieves and who hired them.
Alright, get me pages for episode 1 in say 6 weeks, and we'll go from there.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:35 PM 01-06-2016

"I take the blame. I set [Nic Pizzolatto] up. To deliver, in a very short time frame, something that became very...

Posted by The Frame on Monday, January 4, 2016

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:38 PM 01-06-2016
(For the folks who can't see that embed, it's HBO President Michael Lombardo on True Detective season 2, saying "I take the blame. I set [Nic Pizzolatto] up. To deliver, in a very short time frame, something that became very challenging to deliver. That’s not what that show is. He had to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Find his muse. And so I think that’s what I learned from it. Don’t do that anymore.")
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:58 PM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
True Detective: International
Starring: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Mads Mikkelsen
Stockholm would be a great setting. Water, islands, forests in the countryside.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:59 PM 01-06-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
(For the folks who can't see that embed, it's HBO President Michael Lombardo on True Detective season 2, saying "I take the blame. I set [Nic Pizzolatto] up. To deliver, in a very short time frame, something that became very challenging to deliver. That’s not what that show is. He had to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Find his muse. And so I think that’s what I learned from it. Don’t do that anymore.")
So no S3 in 2016. Probably for the best.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 94
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884 > Last »
Up