ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Carolina really traded it all for this
RunKC 10:00 PM 05-21-2023
I can’t believe how tiny this guy is. At least Russell Wilson had a thick body frame. Bryce is short and lanky.

this just can’t work. I’m sorry pic.twitter.com/8RAezziWv0

— justice for kevin love (@LakeEffectBro) May 20, 2023

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:17 PM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lol, saw this video below (Time stamped), reminded me of this clip.

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:42 PM 10-01-2023
Should've drafted CJ Stroud instead of the midget.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:51 AM 10-03-2023
CJ Stroud is the 6th QB in NFL history to average 300 passing yards and throw no interceptions in the month of September

The guy looks as good as any rookie QB in recent memory
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
CJ Stroud is the 6th QB in NFL history to average 300 passing yards and throw no interceptions in the month of September

The guy looks as good as any rookie QB in recent memory
And he was SO obviously the best QB in the class.

I will never EVER understand what Carolina was thinking. If Young is there at your pick after Stroud and Richardson went off the board - oh sure, its a worthwhile gamble. But to trade UP and give up a massive haul (that's could very well turn into Caleb Williams because of how bad Young is)...it just blows my mind.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:43 AM 10-03-2023
Already looking like one of the worst trades of the modern era. Might be able to argue it is once we get to the draft and see where their pick lies.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:34 AM 10-03-2023
Imagine taking this guy over Stroud or Richardson. It never made any sense.

I'm pretty convinced 50% of NFL front offices could be replaced by somewhat knowledgeable fans and get better results, and I don't think that's an overstatement.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

I'm pretty convinced 50% of NFL front offices could be replaced by somewhat knowledgeable fans and get better results, and I don't think that's an overstatement.
A lot of it comes, IMO, from a lack of pre-existing bias.

Just look at how hard these guys tried to make Young into the 'consensus pick' at the top of the draft:

https://catcrave.com/posts/bryce-you...olina-panthers

"Elite leadership, poise and improvisation..."

I mean that's STRAIGHT from the Tim Tebow "he's a winner" handbook. None of that speaks to, y'know, ability.

Moreover I just have no idea how any of those traits can have been demonstrated playing at Alabama where they just out-talented their opponents 90% of the time. How much 'poise and leadership' do you need to demonstrate when your defense breathes fire and you have 5 seconds to throw to guys with 4 yards of separation?

It's just so ridiculous. The Panthers convinced themselves 'he's a winner', threw the dart and then got to drawing a bullseye around it.

It's just dumb beyond words. And now Reich's out there saying "This is a 2-4 year process" as though torching the guys ENTIRE rookie contract is a solid scenario for them.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:58 AM 10-03-2023

I will never EVER understand what Carolina was thinking. If Young is there at your pick after Stroud and Richardson went off the board - oh sure, its a worthwhile gamble. But to trade UP and give up a massive haul (that's could very well turn into Caleb Williams because of how bad Young is)...it just blows my mind.
I think these GM's get scared off by what helmet these prospects wear. Mahomes was knocked bc of Texas Tech QB history, Josh Allen was knocked bc of going to Wyoming and Stroud was knocked bc of the failed Ohio State QB line.

Stroud was a big, accurate QB who had decent arm strength to go with a big enough body.

The Panthers did that stupid test about instincts or some bullshit and decided Young was the guy.

Needless to say that trade is getting people fired. Poles is gone in 2 months and Fitterer is likely out as soon as 2024.

They really fucked this up.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:09 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

I mean, I did pick Stroud over Young in the CP Mock :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:12 PM 10-03-2023

A lot of it comes, IMO, from a lack of pre-existing bias.

Just look at how hard these guys tried to make Young into the 'consensus pick' at the top of the draft:

https://catcrave.com/posts/bryce-you...olina-panthers

"Elite leadership, poise and improvisation..."

I mean that's STRAIGHT from the Tim Tebow "he's a winner" handbook. None of that speaks to, y'know, ability.

Moreover I just have no idea how any of those traits can have been demonstrated playing at Alabama where they just out-talented their opponents 90% of the time. How much 'poise and leadership' do you need to demonstrate when your defense breathes fire and you have 5 seconds to throw to guys with 4 yards of separation?

It's just so ridiculous. The Panthers convinced themselves 'he's a winner', threw the dart and then got to drawing a bullseye around it.

It's just dumb beyond words. And now Reich's out there saying "This is a 2-4 year process" as though torching the guys ENTIRE rookie contract is a solid scenario for them.
It's just bad football.

We'll probably never know the whole story as to the specifics of the decision, but we've all seen it. Talking yourself into Teblows like you menitoned. Or looking at him move around and beat a defender to make an off platform throw, and think that's the next Mahomes (See Trey Lance Zach Wilson etc.). Needing a guy to change the locker room (Tyson Jackson). Or whether it's just some cocksucker like Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards walks in the room and says he wants a guy.

It's bad decisionmaking front to back.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:17 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think these GM's get scared off by what helmet these prospects wear. Mahomes was knocked bc of Texas Tech QB history, Josh Allen was knocked bc of going to Wyoming and Stroud was knocked bc of the failed Ohio State QB line.

Stroud was a big, accurate QB who had decent arm strength to go with a big enough body.

The Panthers did that stupid test about instincts or some bullshit and decided Young was the guy.

Needless to say that trade is getting people fired. Poles is gone in 2 months and Fitterer is likely out as soon as 2024.

They really fucked this up.
What has Ryan Poles done to fuck up? The Bears are currently sitting on almost 100 million in cap space for 2024 and are almost assuredly going to have two top 5 picks with by far the highest chance currently at #1 overall.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:23 PM 10-03-2023
Having Jalen Carter fall into their laps only to dump him to the Eagles was egregiously stupid. That one he deserves a ton of criticism for.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:51 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It's just bad football.

We'll probably never know the whole story as to the specifics of the decision, but we've all seen it. Talking yourself into Teblows like you menitoned. Or looking at him move around and beat a defender to make an off platform throw, and think that's the next Mahomes (See Trey Lance Zach Wilson etc.). Needing a guy to change the locker room (Tyson Jackson). Or whether it's just some cocksucker like Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards walks in the room and says he wants a guy.

It's bad decisionmaking front to back.
Owners with more money than knowledge.

I mean the FIRST question you should ask a potential HC or GM is what his approach to the QB position is.

And man, if I get some schpiel about leadership, poise and improvisation before he wants to talk to me about repeating mechanics, throwing platforms, arm strength and reads - fuck that.

Because there are two very clearly defined schools here. There's always going to be the Herm Edwards guys and then there will be the Andy Reid guys.

If you get someone that says "Hey, I'm going to find credible to right the ship and go with it until I find someone who {insert conversation about mechanics, platforms and arm strength} - cool. Perfect. That works. But goddamn do I not want someone that's going to tell me how my QB is going to be poised under pressure and a leader on the field before he gets to ANYTHING related to the guy's actual ability to play football.

Because that, my friend, is how The Right 53 happens. And I wouldn't with that shit on anyone - not even Jerry Jones.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:32 PM 10-03-2023
It doesn't help that Reich looks like a total turd of a head coach.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:02 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Squishy Snatch:
What has Ryan Poles done to **** up? The Bears are currently sitting on almost 100 million in cap space for 2024 and are almost assuredly going to have two top 5 picks with by far the highest chance currently at #1 overall.
Trading a first for Chase Claypool? Sticking with Fields over drafting Stroud? His HC doesn't look good at all.

That trade was the best thing they did, but it's also the worst. Stroud looks like a franchise QB and it's literally Poles job to get that right.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up