ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matt Nagy gave Mahomes the plays Reid planned to go over during his Top 30 visit the
Sassy Squatch 10:19 AM 12-01-2022

They should put Matt Nagy in the Chiefs Ring of Honor for this.

Amazing story from Mahomes. https://t.co/0AoFmWrQUn

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) December 1, 2022

[Reply]
dtrain 04:01 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Few coaches are going to take a guy like Fields and 'play the slice' so to speak.

Especially when it's a young passer you may be able to mold into something more.

I don't fault him for trying to do what he did with Fields. It was a better long-term solution than saying "hey, just go out there and run around a lot..."

In time you may have seen the sort of hybrid player the Eagles are getting out of Hurts. But that wasn't going to be a seamless process.

The real mistake he made (or Pace) was having Andy Dalton and Nick Foles as backups. Granted, those backups went 4-3 to the 2-8 he got from Fields, but if he's going to try to develop Fields in a multi-faceted offense, he needs a veteran passer that can actually run that kind of offense so he can do a full install of it.

The Bears trapped themselves in between. Once they drafted Fields, they needed to get someone like Tyrod Taylor in there behind him who could move the pocket around, make smart underneath throws and use his legs to extend drives.

Dalton is none of those things.
As a coach you coach to your players strengths which puts them in a position to be successful and you coach them up to improve their weaknesses!
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:03 PM 12-01-2022
Thanks, Nags.
[Reply]
chinaski 05:12 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I really hope this is true because it's not only diabolical but it tests retention, desire, commitment and attention to detail.

I used to have a physics honors professor that would let us "cheat" on tests if we wanted.

It wasn't until the end of the class that he told us he subscribed to the theory that if you are cheating and think you're getting away with it you end up absorbing more information. And I have to say man did I learn a lot in that class via little notes and drawing graphs on my desk.
When I took my Private Pilot Checkride, the classroom I was in had whiteboards with about every possible answer necessary for the oral part of the checkride. I walked in and said to the Examiner that we should turn those around.

He said, "As a pilot you need to use every tool at your disposal"

So basically I had all of the answers right in front of me. I knew the material well, but still...I thought that was pretty fair of the guy. This isn't exactly cheating or anything outside of regulations as the Oral portion is open book anyway, you can refer to the FAR/AIM at anytime during the exam. Still, it saved me a few times from fumbling around looking up a few things I was weak. on.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:58 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Still doesn't even seem real tbh. I can't believe we got this dude, I can't believe he wanted to be with us so badly, and I can't believe he turned out to be as good of a dude as he is a football player - and he may be the best football player ever.

We have truly been blessed. In a blink of an eye it will all be over though, so milk every last second of it.
He is the definition of “law of averages” for a team and their quarterback.

We suffered through Blackledge, Bono, Grbac, Cassel, Alex Smith, Tyler Thigpen, Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton and the rest of the QB pile of trash that was so historically bad that for the law of averages to hold true, he were due a “Pat Mahomes”.
[Reply]
Fish 09:11 PM 12-01-2022
Man, that's just great to see. Good vibes. So glad he's our guy. This also makes me respect Nagy just a little bit more too.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 09:28 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Not a coincidence Nagy returns and the offense is suddenly back in 2018 gear. I also notice PM2 sitting next to Nagy and chatting between series. There is chemistry there. EB, not so much.
There is a reason why Eric beinemy is not a headcoach. It's not because he's black.

Really looking forward to when the chiefs offload him onto some poor unsuspecting team.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:33 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm going to have to call a little BS on this one. No way Nagy went behind Reid's back and did this. My guess is Andy was in on it as well.

I'm sure they were testing Pat to see how badly he wanted to be here, and wanted to check how quickly he could absorb Reid's complicated scheme and if he would put in the effort to do so in such a short period of time.

Either way, just awesome.
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Yes, I have to agree. Reid knew.
Can Reid get in trouble if he admits involvment?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by chinaski:
When I took my Private Pilot Checkride, the classroom I was in had whiteboards with about every possible answer necessary for the oral part of the checkride. I walked in and said to the Examiner that we should turn those around.

He said, "As a pilot you need to use every tool at your disposal"

So basically I had all of the answers right in front of me. I knew the material well, but still...I thought that was pretty fair of the guy. This isn't exactly cheating or anything outside of regulations as the Oral portion is open book anyway, you can refer to the FAR/AIM at anytime during the exam. Still, it saved me a few times from fumbling around looking up a few things I was weak. on.
I took a 2nd year chemistry class. For the final the professor allowed us to have a copy of the table of periodic elements. We were also allowed to write whatever we wanted in the margins of the print out. Didn’t help for one damn question.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:21 PM 12-01-2022
The way Nagy answered the question in this video, it definitely seems like he was just following orders from Coach Reid to leak the playbook to Patrick. I bet Kingsbury & the Arizona people wish they did this with Kyler Murray before they drafted him. They would have found out very quickly that Kyler is unwilling to do the homework!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4R9-ca0nc
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 11:24 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He is the definition of “law of averages” for a team and their quarterback.

We suffered through Blackledge, Bono, Grbac, Cassel, Alex Smith, Tyler Thigpen, Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton and the rest of the QB pile of trash that was so historically bad that for the law of averages to hold true, he were due a “Pat Mahomes”.
Kyle Orton fuuuuhhh I may have drank my way thru that season I had completely forgotten.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:42 PM 12-01-2022
you heard about the call of duty game called call of duty Kyler Murry study your fucking playbook.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:59 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
I remember a story from Raiders coaching saying they put a page in JaMarcus Russell's playbook that said "we know you're not really reading this" then asked him the next day if he did his playbook study. When he said he did they asked about page X and he replied something like "oh yea, got it, good play coach, we'll run that next game". :-)
i tried that with my creative writing teacher in college. He had to read like 40 journals in two weeks, just for our class. A bunch of dipshit college kids just rambling for page after page after page.

Deep into my journal, in the middle of one paragraph, I buried "Professor Thomas, I will buy you a six-pack if you read this."

He called me out in class and I delivered him a six-pack.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:04 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
i tried that with my creative writing teacher in college. He had to read like 40 journals in two weeks, just for our class. A bunch of dipshit college kids just rambling for page after page after page.

Deep into my journal, in the middle of one paragraph, I buried "Professor Thomas, I will buy you a six-pack if you read this."

He called me out in class and I delivered him a six-pack.
What kind of grade did he give you on the project?
[Reply]
carcosa 12:34 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
you heard about the call of duty game called call of duty Kyler Murry study your fucking playbook.
Yoooooooo!!!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:53 AM 12-02-2022
I love Patrick, my favorite all time player in any sport. There is no close second. Funny I always forget it was the Bills who traded with us.

31 teams are not happy right now..
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up