ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 307 of 382
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317357 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:17 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
First indoor brewery experience in a year for me. So that can only mean thicc boys for lunch

In an effort to appear more local, Goose is doing collabs with local hype breweries which is both smart and churning out legit delish beers. This round of collabs are with Phase Three here in Chicago

Left to right:

...I’m A Bird - imperial stout with panela, cocoa nibs and natural strawberry flavor

If You’re A Bird… - imperial stout brewed with panela, cocoa nibs and coconut

Phase Three Eunoia batch 4 (not a collab but guest tap) - imperial stout aged in Old Fitzgerald Wheated Bourbon casks with Vermont Maple Syrup and Madagascar Vanilla
:-)

Back to basics at the moment with a Ballast Point Victory at Sea.... much like a particular college girlfriend, I tried it years ago, liked it, then it disappeared forever. Unlike that ghosting bitch though, the beer recently came back and has aged well.
[Reply]
TimBone 09:01 PM 03-12-2021
First indoor brewery experience in a year for me. So that can only mean thicc boys for lunch

In an effort to appear more local, Goose is doing collabs with local hype breweries which is both smart and churning out legit delish beers. This round of collabs are with Phase Three here in Chicago

Left to right:

...I’m A Bird - imperial stout with panela, cocoa nibs and natural strawberry flavor

Phase Three Eunoia batch 4 (not a collab but guest tap) - imperial stout aged in Old Fitzgerald Wheated Bourbon casks with Vermont Maple Syrup and Madagascar Vanilla

I bet it was good to be back in person like that!

I was gonna give you shit for Goose being the first stop, until I saw the Phase Three and other local collabs bit.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:17 PM 03-12-2021

Left to right:

Bragger.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:23 PM 03-12-2021
Pretty solid, the 2nd Main & Mill cinnamon stout of the collection.

Kind of pricey at $25, considering it's no Bottle Logic. :-)

[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:01 AM 03-13-2021
Sounds like breakfast in my younger years
[Reply]
Fish 02:57 AM 03-13-2021
Anybody had this?

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:53 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I bet it was good to be back in person like that!

I was gonna give you shit for Goose being the first stop, until I saw the Phase Three and other local collabs bit.
I'd love to visit Phase Three more often but their taproom may as well be in Wisconsin, but yeah, it was nice to be out having some brews for lunch.

Originally Posted by phisherman:
Bragger.
Heck yeah I am, it was my first time ever having to make a reservation at a brewery lol
[Reply]
phisherman 10:43 AM 03-13-2021
I'd love to visit Phase Three more often but their taproom may as well be in Wisconsin, but yeah, it was nice to be out having some brews for lunch.

Heck yeah I am, it was my first time ever having to make a reservation at a brewery lol
Just send me a bottle of Eunoia and I'll forget all the jealousy. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:56 AM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Just send me a bottle of Eunoia and I'll forget all the jealousy. :-)
Haha. I'm 0-2 on their membership and have to rely on friends or special tappings to get a couple ounces :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:58 PM 03-20-2021
Well, this is.... different.

Notes: Smoothie Sour Ale brewed with lactose and conditioned on over 2,200lbs of Banana Puree, Maple Syrup and Saigon Cinnamon. A Banana Pancake in a glass.

If I blended a six pack of bananas, maple syrup, and a sour... this is what I'd get. A true beer smoothie.

[Reply]
MTG#10 05:04 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anybody had this?

Sounds like Xocoveza...which is superb
[Reply]
scho63 05:48 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, this is.... different.

Notes: Smoothie Sour Ale brewed with lactose and conditioned on over 2,200lbs of Banana Puree, Maple Syrup and Saigon Cinnamon. A Banana Pancake in a glass.

If I blended a six pack of bananas, maple syrup, and a sour... this is what I'd get. A true beer smoothie.

I love anything banana but is that the dominant flavor?

I can see Maple overpowering everything.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:54 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I love anything banana but is that the dominant flavor?

I can see Maple overpowering everything.
It's mostly banana, but there's some maple to it.... found it at King's on Central Ave, north of downtown.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:36 PM 04-04-2021
Introducing Suffolk County Stout: ⁠⁠
This beer pays homage to our love of English beer and ingredients, we set out to make a new Imperial Stout with English malt and hops. We then asked our friends at @adnams in Suffolk County, England to send us some of their freshly emptied Single Malt Whisky barrels for us to age the beer in. After a year of aging, this beer highlights some truly unique characteristics from these barrels.⁠⁠
⁠⁠

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:07 PM 04-16-2021
Figured I'd bump another drinking thread... went to J Wakefield in Miami, had a flight and brought some home. If I had another day or two, I would have hit up a few others. Also hit up Union Beer store, which was a cool craft beer bar. (and a nod to Boulevard as well)

[Reply]
Page 307 of 382
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317357 > Last »
Up