Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:28 PM 12-28-2022
31st vs 76th ranked classes

Seems to be working :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:29 PM 12-28-2022
I don't know if there is a Mizzou basketball thread, but Calipari is furious in this game and it is funny.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:30 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, he's also tried and failed repeatedly to bring in any sort of semi competent QB through the transfer portal despite trying multiple times. We just gonna give him a pass for that or.....?
He's taking MASSIVE swings.

The guy's not going out there competing against KU here. We came in 2nd for Jayden Daniels - to be in it that late and lose out to LSU ain't worth being embarrassed by. Spencer Rattler is more sizzle than steak. Dillon Gabriel leaves UCF and they don't miss a beat while OU gets him and they fall on their face.

Jaxson Dart IS Brady Cook. Quinn Ewers just went wherever he got paid. Adrian Martinez was a faster Cook and to replace him Nebraska got...what, precisely out of Thompson? JT Daniels was hugely disappointing at WVU; again - every bit as bad or worse than Cook.

There's one guy I think we probably could've landed who would've moved the needle and we 'missed' on and that's Michael Penix. I'm not gonna sit here and barbecue Drink because he didn't nail a guy who'd completed less than 60% of his passes while playing all of 20 games over 4 years at Indiana.

This is just irrational.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:32 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don't know if there is a Mizzou basketball thread, but Calipari is furious in this game and it is funny.
I’m following the game in Munich at 1:30 am.

Looking forward to clapping KU’s cheeks again in a month.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:33 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

As long as we don't lose to St Peter's in the tournament, I think we'll be OK.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:34 PM 12-28-2022
As long as we don't lose to St Peter's in the tournament, I think we'll be OK.
I didn’t realize St. Peter’s was Kansas?

People here give posters shit for saying SEC if it’s not Mizzou.

That’s the same thing.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:34 PM 12-28-2022

Should have worried about clapping St Peter's cheeks.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:35 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Should have worried about clapping St Peter's cheeks.
Kentucky beat Kansas at the Phog by 18.

Cry,
[Reply]
bdj23 06:37 PM 12-28-2022
Kentucky beat Kansas at the Phog by 18.

Cry,

:-)

You really want to go there?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:38 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
:-)

You really want to go there?
I didn’t realize Kansas was St. Peter’s.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:38 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
31st vs 76th ranked classes

Seems to be working :-)
And it's a pretty small class.

All things considered, when adjusting for 'volume' (which you have to do to deal with NCAA scholarship limits), I think Mizzou's class is probably in the 23-26 range. I'd take our class over several teams 'ranked' ahead of ours. Baylor, KSU, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Texas Tech, Colorado, Iowa, Washington - they all have higher ranked classes than we do and I'd take our class over theirs.

I think South Carolina has a REALLY comparable class to ours in terms of individual quality - it's just a bigger class than we have. And they're ranked just outside the top 20.

The only thing that really worries me about recruiting right now is that we still seem to be lagging behind Florida and Tennessee and those should be seen as our immediate competition. We've gotta try to stay with those 2 schools. But we 'beat' both of them on the trail last season so I think we're doing okay there.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:39 PM 12-28-2022
Let’s get back to what a scared little lesbian Drink is in this thread and leave Can’t Coach Cal out of it
[Reply]
bdj23 06:39 PM 12-28-2022
I didn’t realize Kansas was St. Peter’s.
Kansas went on to win the national championship, Kentucky lost to St Pete.

I'd say we were fine, but at least you have that 18 point win.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:40 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And it's a pretty small class.

All things considered, when adjusting for 'volume' (which you have to do to deal with NCAA scholarship limits), I think Mizzou's class is probably in the 23-26 range. I'd take our class over several teams 'ranked' ahead of ours. Baylor, KSU, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Texas Tech, Colorado, Iowa, Washington - they all have higher ranked classes than we do and I'd take our class over theirs.

I think South Carolina has a REALLY comparable class to ours in terms of individual quality - it's just a bigger class than we have. And they're ranked just outside the top 20.

The only thing that really worries me about recruiting right now is that we still seem to be lagging behind Florida and Tennessee and those should be seen as our immediate competition. We've gotta try to stay with those 2 schools. But we 'beat' both of them on the trail last season so I think we're doing okay there.
I have no idea how Florida still has any traction.

But overall, I don't care if Drinkwitz was spotted scissoring with Richard Simmons while Cheryl Crow played in the background if they're getting results.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:41 PM 12-28-2022
Mizzou can, and has, gone stone cold for 10 minute stretches.

No lead is safe.

But I REALLY wish we'd have put a better effort out there in that KU game. I mean Mizzou threw away their first possession of the game, Kansas was white hot from the floor to start the game and everyone just freaked the fuck out.

Credit to Kansas for absolutely hammering us when we clearly weren't ready for prime time, but I don't think that game was truly representative of who MU can be. Mizzou has demonstrated genuine tournament chops several times this year.

The team that took on Kansas wouldn't have beat a good HS squad. That moment was just WAY too big for them.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 109
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105 > Last »
Up