View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 59 of 343
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:48 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Maybe because he was 21 years old, dominated in high school without focusing on those types of things, and dominated in college without focusing on those types of things?

His performance also did improve at his Pro Day. Maybe he took it more seriously and prepared better. Maybe he worked on improving some things he could control. Maybe it's just the pro day bump (though it's hard to fake vertical leaps.

Regardless, not enough for me to buy the idea he's lazy and doesn't care.

Jordan Davis and Evan Neal took their process seriously.

MAYBE, OBJ's just lazy and is trimming down to get paid. Once he has top dollar he'll balloon again.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:56 AM 06-20-2022
Hot take: Evan Neal is actually a worse pass blocker than OBJ
[Reply]
Hoover 11:59 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

MAYBE, OBJ's just lazy and is trimming down to get paid. Once he has top dollar he'll balloon again.
The best thing about OBJ is his desire to be great, to be a Hall of Famer. I really have no doubts about this kid. Pay the man and forget about the LT position for 5 years. Does he need to get better. Yes. I think knowing what's expected in KC and how they will use him matters. I bet he really improves next season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:46 PM 06-20-2022

When players initially join the Kansas City Chiefs (my favorite team) I don’t always assume immediate or eventual success, but I definitely won’t assume or make negative judgements about their character, drive, or work ethic until I see some real non-speculative evidence. It tends to be a good guideline to follow in the non-football world, too.

“He had a bad combine” is a pretty stupid singular thing to point to if you want to make a claim that a player is the next Albert Haynesworth.

Especially when there are hundreds of people at Arrowhead Stadium who know far more about that player than you or anybody else on this forum, and their stated #1 personnel goal for the remainder of the offseason has been, “Extend OBJ’s contract.” And of course, the underlying non-spoken message you can probably take from that is, “We feel comfortable that OBJ won’t slack off once he gets paid.”
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:52 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
When players initially join the Kansas City Chiefs (my favorite team) I don’t always assume immediate or eventual success, but I definitely won’t assume or make negative judgements about their character, drive, or work ethic until I see some real non-speculative evidence. It tends to be a good guideline to follow in the non-football world, too.

“He had a bad combine” is a pretty stupid singular thing to point to if you want to make a claim that a player is the next Albert Haynesworth.

Especially when there are hundreds of people at Arrowhead Stadium who know far more about that player than you or anybody else on this forum, and their stated #1 personnel goal for the remainder of the offseason has been, “Extend OBJ’s contract.” And of course, the underlying non-spoken message you can probably take from that is, “We feel comfortable that OBJ won’t slack off once he gets paid.”

That's alot of excuses, he didn't take it seriously but now he's leaning out for a payday.

I've said my piece why the sudden change of work ethic is alarming. This season he'll look good what happens down the road once he's paid is what I question.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:59 PM 06-20-2022
That's alot of excuses, he didn't take it seriously but now he's leaning out for a payday.

I've said my piece why the sudden change of work ethic is alarming. This season he'll look good what happens down the road once he's paid is what I question.

I gave you literally zero excuses. I also didn’t fluff up his play or be a homer and go “I believe he’ll be amazing!”

I said it’s stupid to assume he’s lazy and has a poor work ethic because of his combine performance 4 years ago.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:11 PM 06-20-2022
I gave you literally zero excuses. I also didn’t fluff up his play or be a homer and go “I believe he’ll be amazing!”

I said it’s stupid to assume he’s lazy and has a poor work ethic because of his combine performance 4 years ago.

That's a metric fuckton of shit bringing in Albert Haynesworth which I never compared him too. He also takes pride being a shity athlete, I don't like hearing that either when it comes wanting success but not putting anything into it until suddenly it's time for a payday and hopefully OBJ thinks it's a candy bar so it costs less to sign him.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:37 PM 06-20-2022
When you are the guy who said Nick Bolton is a show string tackler, maybe you should slow down on throwing out more player evaluations.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:37 PM 06-20-2022
That's a metric fuckton of shit bringing in Albert Haynesworth which I never compared him too. He also takes pride being a shity athlete, I don't like hearing that either when it comes wanting success but not putting anything into it until suddenly it's time for a payday and hopefully OBJ thinks it's a candy bar so it costs less to sign him.
Has anybody ever told you that you have a very poor command of writing and grammar? Your post is damn near indecipherable.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:50 PM 06-20-2022
Has anybody ever told you that you have a very poor command of writing and grammar? Your post is damn near indecipherable.
Posting on my phone, so zooming in and panning back it happens
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:53 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
When you are the guy who said Nick Bolton is a show string tackler, maybe you should slow down on throwing out more player evaluations.
I didn't say shoe string, I questioned if he would be athletic enough to play MLB unless he had Mike Singletary instincts
[Reply]
BWillie 02:37 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No. That's a a terrible plan.
Better plan than paying some avg guy to the highest contract at his position.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:47 PM 06-20-2022
Can we get a weight check on Orlando Brown Jr.?

Want to make sure he isn't doing double Double Quarter Pound and extra cheese meals with large fries and large Cokes for lunch and dinner. I'm having a hard time believing he is Ole'ing his ass out there like Steffi Graf at Wimbledon right now.

Has any one shown this guy that he must click the back of the pen to make it work? WTF? Sign the damn tag, fatboy.
[Reply]
Coogs 03:16 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Describes me perfectly. I wasn't sold on Brown's fit in KC before they acquired him, and I was concerned early on. The progression he showed as the season went on, combined with the things he DOES do well, put most of those concerns to rest.

He's never going to be a smooth-moving LT who glides to the edge and kills the speed rush with consistency and ease, but he also is never going to be a light-in-the-pants LT who gets bull rushed into his QBs lap.

His ability to turn DEs into one-dimensional plan guys is an UNDERRATED skillset. Yes, it keeps Mahomes from drifting back in the pocket and bailing out WIDE like he likes to do... but that's a bad habit. It also generally is going to create a lot more space to move up and throw or escape up the middle.

The system he was in until coming to KC is a factor there, too. They run a different system that is based on being big, physical maulers. The incentive wasn't there the same way... and yes, while it would have been good for him to focus on shedding some weight and gaining quickness proactively coming into his first year with the Chiefs, he's doing it NOW. Which shows he learned and is working to improve off of it.

This pretty reasonable. I'd love to get him on a surplus market value deal, but that isn't realistic. I also am going to be patient if/when an extension and terms are announced, because I know the structure may make it look different in reality vs. what it sounds like just based on years and AAV.

It introduces a lot of risk to the function of the OL and the function of the offense. Thuney struggled with Hendrickson in the second half of that game (a guy Brown made a nonfactor in the rematch).

You're making yourself worse at 2 OL positions and hampering your depth, too.
This is not correct. Thuney did have one bad snap. I have addressed this before. He was very good. So was Allegretti. Watch the film.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 03:55 PM 06-20-2022
When people have dug their heels in the ground and refuse to consider any other possible options, there's really no point in debating with them.

There is a major difference between "idle speculation during the off-season" and "pronouncements of absolute fact" (when the speaker has no way possible other than speculation and 'best guesses' of any other information)
[Reply]
Page 59 of 343
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up