ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 153
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:04 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I enjoyed it. Although the whole attoning-for-taking-off-my-helmet thing is just silly and annoys me a bit more with each passing episode. That's fanatical loon shit. I don't care for it in real life, and I don't care for it in my entertainment, either. He has to go drink irradiated water from some nuked mine on an abandoned planet because he took his helmet off to show his face to the kid, one time? Give me a fucking break.

My biggest problem with DS9 was how everybody had to constantly tapdance around the Bajorans and their silly religious crap. That show didn't get good until that aspect took a distant backseat to the Dominion War.
I’m ok with it so long as the arc of the story is him ultimately moving away from the cult. And given that he has taken his helmet off once before, I’m hopeful that is where they are going with this. If not, then yeah, it’ll get old and stale.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:13 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I enjoyed it. Although the whole attoning-for-taking-off-my-helmet thing is just silly and annoys me a bit more with each passing episode. That's fanatical loon shit. I don't care for it in real life, and I don't care for it in my entertainment, either. He has to go drink irradiated water from some nuked mine on an abandoned planet because he took his helmet off to show his face to the kid, one time? Give me a fucking break.

My biggest problem with DS9 was how everybody had to constantly tapdance around the Bajorans and their silly religious crap. That show didn't get good until that aspect took a distant backseat to the Dominion War.

I get it, man.

Of all the things man has invented, nothing has been more destructive than religion.

Nothing is more dangerous than true believers justifying actions through their religion.

The Death Watch is a religious cult, after all.

I kind of see him spending this season gathering the non-Death Watch Mandos to complete his cult-y quest, and over time realizing it is bullshit.

But put yourself in the shoes of Djin Djarrin. He was saved and raised by Death Watch nut jobs. He’s a true believer as a result because that stuff is ingrained in him.
[Reply]
Fish 09:52 AM 03-03-2023
Yeah, I kind of get the impression they're trying to show that Mando is starting to see his cult origins for what they are. Even the Armorer showed a brief moment of acceptance.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:15 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, I kind of get the impression they're trying to show that Mando is starting to see his cult origins for what they are. Even the Armorer showed a brief moment of acceptance.
I hope this is the direction they are going
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:01 PM 03-03-2023
I personally think the religious cults/pragmatic leader conflict between the Armorer and BoKatan Mando faces is pretty fascinating. I'll be disappointed if they don't dive into the conflict, even if it's some Disney-fied outcome of everybody falling in behind Mando, the conflict of belief is the important part.

Looks like they're diving headlong into spending money here. Shit looked good.

Let's fucking go!
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:33 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I get it, man.

Of all the things man has invented, nothing has been more destructive than religion.

Nothing is more dangerous than true believers justifying actions through their religion.

The Death Watch is a religious cult, after all.

I kind of see him spending this season gathering the non-Death Watch Mandos to complete his cult-y quest, and over time realizing it is bullshit.

But put yourself in the shoes of Djin Djarrin. He was saved and raised by Death Watch nut jobs. He’s a true believer as a result because that stuff is ingrained in him.
Your gonna smoke a turd in hell for talking like this.
I joke
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:11 PM 03-03-2023
bought a new 4k tv

havent watched any bad batch, mando or picard

about to FEAST
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:25 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Agreed. That's where this is gonna end up. Also, I'm sure Pedro Pascal doesn't want to act with a helmet on for the rest of his time on this show (and this show looks like it's gonna have a pretty long run).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:27 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
bought a new 4k tv

about to FEAST
You're probably gonna love S3 of Picard.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:46 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
bought a new 4k tv

about to FEAST
Get it, kid. See you in two weeks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:18 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Agreed. That's where this is gonna end up. Also, I'm sure Pedro Pascal doesn't want to act with a helmet on for the rest of his time on this show (and this show looks like it's gonna have a pretty long run).
Yep. Read something that they really don't have an endgame for this so it's going to be a lot of 'danger of the week's type scenarios.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:25 PM 03-03-2023
UPDATE -

Katee Sackhoff is still hot as balls.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
UPDATE -

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Battlestar Galactica was nearly 20 years ago now, and she hasn't lost a step. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 AM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
UPDATE -

Yes, yes she is.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:43 PM 03-05-2023
that space battle was utterly spectacular

love the design of the pirates and reintroducing not IG-88

giant hyperspace whales from rebels showing up is going to be intredasting

4K is fucking NUTS! and i'm not sure if it's the audio processor on the new TV, or the fact I had to run the speakers through an optical cable for the first time (old vizio used 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable), but the sound design was utterly banging like never before
[Reply]
Page 133 of 153
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up