ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 23
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shared fences and eminent domain
007 07:29 PM 05-18-2018
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
[Reply]
007 04:11 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Ok. But assholeish.
Let your fire pit light then on fire.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:18 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Let your fire pit light then on fire.
Yup...
[Reply]
Eureka 11:57 AM 05-04-2020
Ok. But assholeish.
Simple solution. Just uproot the trees you put in and use them elsewhere. The trees your neighbor put in looks like they'll eventually be a better barrier. You'll also have more yard/space for your fire pit.

Can your trees be used past the shed?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:31 PM 05-04-2020
no. My property line is the difference in grass color between my pit and the garden. Not far right than the last tree.
I just wanted a view.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:33 PM 05-04-2020
I'm not sure what is different other than 4 new trees on your property? And what is Arbor Vite?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:39 PM 05-04-2020
I wouldn't worry about it. Just cut it back what hangs on your side.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:46 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I'm not sure what is different other than 4 new trees on your property? And what is Arbor Vite?
Arborvitae is the species of tree (the "evergreen" trees). He planted the four trees, and his neighbor planted the row of evergreens only a few feet away.

I think I'd just pull up the four new trees, consider it a victory, and let your neighbor deal with the maintenance.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:02 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Arborvitae is the species of tree (the "evergreen" trees). He planted the four trees, and his neighbor planted the row of evergreens only a few feet away.

I think I'd just pull up the four new trees, consider it a victory, and let your neighbor deal with the maintenance.
Ahhh, I get it. I thought the greener trees in that pic were the same ones as these from June last year. I see what he did now.

[Reply]
candyman 03:38 PM 05-04-2020
Ok. But assholeish.
What's his wife look like?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:10 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
What's his wife look like?
worse than the trees

arborvitae-yeah, that's it. Stress kills brain cells
[Reply]
srvy 07:36 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Yeah those things grow tall and fast. They will stunt and choke sunlight from those deciduous trees. What I have found is its hard to grow grass under and if you trim up from ground high it still kills grass because of acidity in soil.

They do make good natural sound barriers and windbreaks. DOTs used to plant along the right of way adjacent to housing additions to deaden noise. They would do damage to the Right of way fencing when hey died and fell so now they just build sound walls.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:39 AM 05-11-2020
Bamboo is a great plant to introduce to unliked neighbor's property line, just dig a trench and install barrier on your side of property line.

I prefer Moso Bamboo for THAT SPECIAL neighbor.
It can grow to a height of 25 feet in a little more than three weeks.

And it grows like a weed!!!!!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:25 AM 08-05-2020
Neighbor at it again. He started renting out his RV and has been parking it in the street to be picked up. To maintain it, wash it, show it and exchange it-he is on my yard. Hours at a time-twice a weekend. Also doing the same thing when he loads and unloads his drag race camaro.

I want to tell him he can't be on my yard all the time. Wife says leave it alone.

I say he will keep taking and taking if we do not say something. I don't want him dumping anything on my yard and killing my grass. He has already left oil and grease on the curb and road.

There is no sidewalk. To me-right of way rules do not apply to trespassing. And I cannot plant anything or put up a fence.

Option 2-say nothing and just turn on the sprinklers.

Option 3-Call the city for more code violations. He is up to 4. I've tried to be nice. But I say follow the fucking rules
Attached: 0_4_2020-08-03_12-22-07.bmp (675.1 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:44 AM 08-05-2020
Neighbor at it again. He started renting out his RV and has been parking it in the street to be picked up. To maintain it, wash it, show it and exchange it-he is on my yard. Hours at a time-twice a weekend. Also doing the same thing when he loads and unloads his drag race camaro.

I want to tell him he can't be on my yard all the time. Wife says leave it alone.

I say he will keep taking and taking if we do not say something. I don't want him dumping anything on my yard and killing my grass. He has already left oil and grease on the curb and road.

There is no sidewalk. To me-right of way rules do not apply to trespassing. And I cannot plant anything or put up a fence.

Option 2-say nothing and just turn on the sprinklers.

Option 3-Call the city for more code violations. He is up to 4. I've tried to be nice. But I say follow the fucking rules
Option 2 works.

Another option would be what I do, and (if you can predict when it'll happen) park something, anything, right where he'd park the trailer. Dare hime to move it. Even just a "children at play" thing.

Or, when he does it, park your cars in front of his house. He should be able to take the hint.

But I do like the sprinkler idea. You know, since the relationship is trash anyway...
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:24 AM 08-05-2020
I'm going to be honest.

Unless the guy is a prick and you have a reason to dislike him, I'm not exactly certain why this pisses you off. Just be nice to them Walt Kowalski.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 23
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up