ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 462 of 2687
« First < 362412452458459460461462 4634644654664725125629621462 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:39 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Of course that is all that matters but lets not act like Smitty has played bad in the playoffs. He hasn't
Did you go to Arrowhead and watch your boy play the Steelers?

I was there, 50-yard line, straight up with a birds-eye view watching the plays unfold. Time and time again- Alex would give up on the play as a wide open Hill streaked down the field.

Why would he keep running to the sidelines instead of going through his progressions? Steelers were not giving that much pressure, he should have stayed in the pocket and thrown the ball away if nobody was open. A QB can throw it out of bounds, right? They don't have to run it out. He has trouble throwing on the run- so basically as soon as he runs-that's it, the play is over.

Mahomes can use his feet to extend plays and burn a blitzing defense from Anywhere on the field up to 60 yards deeps.

Big difference. Mahomes- roams, while Smitter is a quitter.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:40 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Reid should get blame for that. He decided to pass almost every down instead of running the ball and taking time off the clock
So you admit that Alex shouldn't be throwing when the game is on the line. Thanks
[Reply]
penbrook 12:42 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
So you admit that Alex shouldn't be throwing when the game is on the line. Thanks
I'm glad you're not a coach. Who passes when they have a three TD lead with 9 minutes left in the third. Not even Belichick
[Reply]
penbrook 12:43 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Did you go to Arrowhead and watch your boy play the Steelers?

I was there, 50-yard line, straight up with a birds-eye view watching the plays unfold. Time and time again- Alex would give up on the play as a wide open Hill streaked down the field.

Why would he keep running to the sidelines instead of going through his progressions? Steelers were not giving that much pressure, he should have stayed in the pocket and thrown the ball away if nobody was open. A QB can throw it out of bounds, right? They don't have to run it out. He has trouble throwing on the run- so basically as soon as he runs-that's it, the play is over.

Mahomes can use his feet to extend plays and burn a blitzing defense from Anywhere on the field up to 60 yards deeps.

Big difference. Mahomes- roams, while Smitter is a quitter.
I do agree that Mahomes is a better thrower on the run. Alex tucks it and runs but most of the time he gets yards rather than just throwing it away
[Reply]
thegame214 12:43 PM 08-21-2017
I'm glad you're not a coach. Who passes when they have a three TD lead with 9 minutes left in the third. Not even Belichick
A franchise QB
[Reply]
penbrook 12:46 PM 08-21-2017
A franchise QB
So you're saying Brady isn't a franchise QB. Got it!
[Reply]
thegame214 12:48 PM 08-21-2017
So you're saying Brady isn't a franchise QB. Got it!
Brady's passed on his own side of the field on 4th down with a lead. Don't even compare Brady to Smith dork.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:48 PM 08-21-2017

I don't know about that I've seen him keep Brady in the fourth quarter racking up the points to no end.

I think he did that to sexy Rexy and the Jets, ran up the score showing no mercy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:50 PM 08-21-2017
A franchise QB
I know a franchise QB who lost a SB trying to pass with an 8 pt lead and time winding down.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:50 PM 08-21-2017
I do agree that Mahomes is a better thrower on the run. Alex tucks it and runs but most of the time he gets yards rather than just throwing it away
Exactly, Alex does get yards- he gets 6 yards on 3 and 9 - 2 yards on 3-8 in the playoffs with Hill wide open.

He puts himself at-risk for an injury like he did last year.

The point is he quits on plays much too early, many times he dances around back there not looking downfield and takes a costly sack. I have never thought Alex was great against blitzing teams. I am sure his stat on 3rd down against the blitz are pretty bad.

Mahomes made them pay when they tried to blitz him.
[Reply]
thegame214 12:55 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I know a franchise QB who lost a SB trying to pass with an 8 pt lead and time winding down.
Man that's rough, I wonder if he ever bounced back from that....
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:24 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Either everything is a team win and a team loss. Or it's all on Smith....wins and losses.
Tons of variables here but QB is the most important position in football and has the most influence over W-L record so that's why a QBs W-L record is relevant when judging how good they are.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:29 PM 08-21-2017
Tons of variables here but QB is the most important position in football and has the most influence over W-L record so that's why a QBs W-L record is relevant when judging how good they are.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/
[Reply]
dls6501 01:29 PM 08-21-2017
Completely disagree. A W-L is NEVER relevant when judging how good a QB is. It is THE laziest analysis one can have when judging QBs.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 08-21-2017
God I'm envisioning a Grbac/Gannon type disaster happening again in the playoffs this year.

Just play Pat in the playoffs Andy.

Pat's 50/50 chance is better than Alex's 25% playoff win %.
[Reply]
Page 462 of 2687
« First < 362412452458459460461462 4634644654664725125629621462 > Last »
Up