ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 412 of 2687
« First < 312362402408409410411412 4134144154164224625129121412 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:58 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
He threw a Bray like pass. Throwing on the run and didn't set his feet which was way off to the receiver. Unlike Brays pass this one wasn't inteecepted.
I actually saw both of his incompletions. I'm not sure what you're referring to.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:59 PM 08-11-2017
Yep. Bray has been in the league for 5 years now. Mahomes is a rookie. He will learn. Just need a fucking o line who will give him protection
Now I can agree with you on something :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:04 PM 08-11-2017
Rewatched the Mahomes snaps just now. Still feel good about it overall. He was poised and smooth. The only thing I didn't like on his part was one time on a throw to Escobar in the end zone, his footwork wasn't there.

Other than that, he was consistently putting the ball in spots where only his receiver could catch it. Even the throw to Escobar in the end zone that he scrambled on could have been caught (Kelce likely would have).

He made a good read on the curl pattern to Stretch Jones. Saw cover 3, the corner bailed and left Jones some room to come back to the football at the sticks. He saw cover 3 again on the throw to Dieter, and put the ball in the perfect spot to Dieter's right. The TD throw was the type of play that makes me compare his playing style to Aaron Rodgers. If you pay attention to many Packers games, a good chunk of Aaron's TD passes are like that. Especially inside the 15 yard line.

The offensive line forced Reid to call plays a little more conservatively than I am sure he would have liked, but don't let that upset you too much. This was a fine performance for Pat and something he can build on.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 11:06 PM 08-11-2017
In my honest opinion, I feel Mahomes executed well. I saw him screaming at a WR on the 2nd and long play in his first drive, and while I don't know if he called it right, he certainly appeared to know what was expected. I need to watch again to see minor things like pre-snap evals, progressions, looking off safeties, etc., but he seemed to execute.

Hopefully the next game won't put Mahomes into proxy safety mode. Let the kid rip it, Reid.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:08 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I actually saw both of his incompletions. I'm not sure what you're referring to.
It was another holding call so it didn't count on the stats
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:14 PM 08-11-2017
It was another holding call so it didn't count on the stats
Okay, that makes sense. I must have missed it.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:18 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Okay, that makes sense. I must have missed it.
But all in all he looked pretty good tonight. Could work on his footwork a little more but did the best he could with I wouldn't even call that an O line
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:18 PM 08-11-2017
One of Mahomes' best plays of the night is one very few have mentioned. It was his final drive, 3rd-and-6. Pressure immediately comes off of both edges (which ended up resulting in a hold), and Patrick stepped up in the pocket quickly and instinctively, doing his best Alex impersonation as he trotted for the 1st down which was called back.

It was just a smooth, relaxed reaction to a lot of duress.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:19 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
One of Mahomes' best plays of the night is one very few have mentioned. It was his final drive, 3rd-and-6. Pressure immediately comes off of both edges (which ended up resulting in a hold), and Patrick stepped up in the pocket quickly and instinctively, doing his best Alex impersonation as he trotted for the 1st down which was called back.

Yup. Next play was some trash 3rd and 16.

His escapism is maximum.
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:20 PM 08-11-2017

wasnt that hold on isaiah battle too?
[Reply]
Bewbies 11:23 PM 08-11-2017
Rewatched the Mahomes snaps just now. Still feel good about it overall. He was poised and smooth. The only thing I didn't like on his part was one time on a throw to Escobar in the end zone, his footwork wasn't there.

Other than that, he was consistently putting the ball in spots where only his receiver could catch it. Even the throw to Escobar in the end zone that he scrambled on could have been caught (Kelce likely would have).

He made a good read on the curl pattern to Stretch Jones. Saw cover 3, the corner bailed and left Jones some room to come back to the football at the sticks. He saw cover 3 again on the throw to Dieter, and put the ball in the perfect spot to Dieter's right. The TD throw was the type of play that makes me compare his playing style to Aaron Rodgers. If you pay attention to many Packers games, a good chunk of Aaron's TD passes are like that. Especially inside the 15 yard line.

The offensive line forced Reid to call plays a little more conservatively than I am sure he would have liked, but don't let that upset you too much. This was a fine performance for Pat and something he can build on.
The 2nd incompletion into the end zone where he snuck in low behind the corner and in front of the safety was my favorite throw he made. That's a TD to Kelce every single time.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:23 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
wasnt that hold on isaiah battle too?
Pretty sure that one was on Devey, #65
[Reply]
penbrook 11:25 PM 08-11-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
The 2nd incompletion into the end zone where he snuck in low behind the corner and in front of the safety was my favorite throw he made. That's a TD to Kelce every single time.
Eh depends if Kelce decides if he wants to have the dropsies. You never know when he will have them
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 11:27 PM 08-11-2017

In all honesty, he seemed slower than Alex, but it was a heady play for the first, and I will never complain of such a play. I even applaude Alex (before the creepers try to make an argument) when he has the guts to take it himself. I wouldn't fucking do that, and that is why I don't play QB (also I can hit a cross bar to save my life, I would shit myself with a 250 lb person running a 4.7 40 towards me, and I am only 6' tall).
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 PM 08-11-2017
The best thing about Pat tonight was his confidence. He was pressured a lot and didn't have help from his running game.

Jared Goff was in that same position last year and he pissed his pants. Mahomes looked fine out there and endured.

Must be easier than normal for Pat to be confident in those situations seeing as how he was in them every time his offense had the ball at Tech.
[Reply]
Page 412 of 2687
« First < 312362402408409410411412 4134144154164224625129121412 > Last »
Up