ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 152
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Later, Chiefsplanet
DaneMcCloud 12:01 PM 03-19-2011
The Mods around here have finally pissed me off to the point where I can no longer be a member at Chiefsplanet.

I'm happy to have met some nice people over the years who I call friends and will continue to call friends. You all know how to reach me.

To the rest, fuck off and die.

Later.
[Reply]
beach tribe 01:43 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Digging up personal info and threatening a member with it is a huge no-no.
I agree. Unless someone actually finds out that you are, in fact, a sex offender.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:51 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah, but R8ers didn't know. Dane has told people to go **** their mom, get ****ed by this and that, so how was R8er supposed to know that calling Dane a audiophile was crossing the line? Doesn't add up.
I tend to agree, unless R8ers somehow found/figured something out on Dane and knew his weak spot. Even so, it certainly wasn't board knowledge. If Dane had ignored it, it would've been (IMO) just another over-the-top CP insult. But for whatever reason, it struck a nerve with Dane and he allowed everyone to know it.

My post about Dane having a legit reason wasn't to excuse his "I'm leaving forever" thread. It was to suggest that maybe Dane had a legit reason to take offense at R8ers' insult. It would explain why THAT made him fly off the handle, but other stuff didn't.

Dane should've walked away from the computer and taken a few days/weeks/months off without all this drama. I've done that more than once. It's a lot better than posting something you're gonna regret almost as soon as it's posted. I've come very close a few times to posting something over the top in anger, but instead I've just walked away. And usually within minutes the anger cools and I'm so glad I didn't become "THAT GUY" on the Internet.

As many have pointed out, there is of course lots of irony that it is Dane 1) being the wounded victim of insult, and 2) making a big deal of it to the point he pulls perhaps the most-mocked act on CP, the "I'm leaving the Planet forever" thread.

If he returns after awhile, that's fine. I just wonder if it will have had any effect on his posting schtick.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:54 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow, huge loss.....Sorry to see you go Dane.
Same here, what the **** happened?

That being said, I never expected a good bye thread from Dane.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:57 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I disagree. Digging up personal info isn't a no-no (although posting it could be) and he didn't threaten a member.
Ok, he didn't actually threaten him, although I don't know how else you could construe the statement, "I have info on you". To me his intent was clear.

However, I don't for a second believe he really had any info on him. And I'm not defending Dane either. His reaction to the whole mess was hypocritical.

R8ers should've at least warranted a warning that he was treading on dangerous ground.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CrazyHorse 01:58 PM 03-21-2011
All I gotta say is you must be a real prick to defend a jackoff like Dane.

Someone here mentioned him being successful as a reason people dont like him. 1st I shoud say I had no idea he was "successful". Second, a successful man doesn't act like that. He is failing miserably at something to attack everyone for no reason. We all throw a little shit around here depending on our mood from time to time. But this dude trolled the board for no other reason than to look for confrontation. That is not someone that is comfortable in thier own skin. Which is the 1st step to "successful", IMO.
[Reply]
Groves 02:00 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
I sincerely hope this is an attempt at sarcasm that just missed its mark.
Dude,

Everyone who pays attention knows that Dane is in good shape. He talks like someone who knows his health stuff, and though some disagree, it's a pretty fair guess that he's not outta shape.

Like I said, I hope he comes back. I like hearing his football takes, and his ongoing history with bands and LA is a bonus. Some quality stories.

So. Yes. A comment that insinuates that he's gotten so healthy that it's making him UN-healthy and that he should pull the lever on a few trips to In N Out is indeed sarcastic.

You've sleuthed it out.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:02 PM 03-21-2011
R8ers should've at least warranted a warning that he was treading on dangerous ground.
Posted via Mobile Device
For the record, I agree with this.
[Reply]
CrazyHorse 02:02 PM 03-21-2011
Come to think of it, Dane really over reacted. Generally when that happens, it means there is some thruth to the controversy. Who knows for sure?

I know I have slung smack stronger that and the guy didn't blink an eye. But to leave the forum altogether for soemthing said that isnt true? Unlikely.
[Reply]
CrazyHorse 02:04 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For the record, I agree with this.
You guys agree there should be something done yet never do anything.

Which is it?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:06 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by CrazyHorse:
Come to think of it, Dane really over reacted. Generally when that happens, it means there is some thruth to the controversy. Who knows for sure?
And it begins. :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:06 PM 03-21-2011

Which is it?
DaFace already said why he didn't do anything.
[Reply]
rambleonthruthefog 02:08 PM 03-21-2011

Which is it?
i think people agree that dane was a grade A douche. maybe being in shape and knowing about football doesn't make you not a douche. does that answer your question?
[Reply]
kstater 02:09 PM 03-21-2011

Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think anyone has argued otherwise.
[Reply]
Brock 02:09 PM 03-21-2011

I know I have slung smack stronger that and the guy didn't blink an eye. But to leave the forum altogether for soemthing said that isnt true? Unlikely.
That's pretty stupid.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:11 PM 03-21-2011
Buncha panties getttin wadded in here.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 152
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up