ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 151 of 256
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:09 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
There's also a bunch of missions involving the ship. And there are several Cultists that hang out on ships.
This reminds me of something else that I enjoyed from the game: you could hunt the members of the Order at your own pace.

I remember one time I was dicking around, probably hadn't completed a main storyline quest in like 10+ hours. I got swarmed by a mercenary or some guards in the middle of a city somewhere and this douche civilian comes at me. Of course I brutally murder him with a quickness, only to find out he was an Order member.

I thought that was cool.. Had a similar experience while randomly raiding a fortress somewhere.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:15 PM 02-21-2022
Oh, and I have been playing the shit out of Mortal Kombat 11.

First of all, it's probably technically the best fighting game I've ever played. The graphics are great and the presentation of the fatalities, brutalities, etc. is top notch.

Generally I get pretty bored with fighting games after a week or so, but this one's got a shit ton of customization so you're constantly fighting to unlock skins and gear. It makes it a grindfest but I suppose that's a big part of what's keeping me engaged.

Also, it really is just a cool blast from the past. I remember the original Mortal Kombat on SNES..? Maybe Sega Genesis. Having to put in the code to get all of the blood.

It's hilarious too because muscle memory is insane. I can take a character, fight with them a ton for a couple days, then not play with them for 2 weeks. The instant I load up a fight with them again I can easily remember 10 different combos, their fatalities, etc.

Our brains are fucking ridiculous lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:19 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This reminds me of something else that I enjoyed from the game: you could hunt the members of the Order at your own pace.

I remember one time I was dicking around, probably hadn't completed a main storyline quest in like 10+ hours. I got swarmed by a mercenary or some guards in the middle of a city somewhere and this douche civilian comes at me. Of course I brutally murder him with a quickness, only to find out he was an Order member.

I thought that was cool.. Had a similar experience while randomly raiding a fortress somewhere.
I've had that happen a couple of times. Nothing better than getting into a big fight in a fort, only to have a merc that's 5 to 6 levels higher than you show up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 02-21-2022
By the way, I'm barely using my bow. Seems REALLY underpowered compared to melee and stealth.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:01 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
By the way, I'm barely using my bow. Seems REALLY underpowered compared to melee and stealth.
Man, fuck them bows! In my experience with these latest ACs, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

In Odyssey I basically just spammed the chain assassination. IIRC, once you max that bad boy out you can take out like 4-5 guards pretty much instantly.

And in Origins they had a poison sword and a flaming sword. I'd just cut dudes up then run away and watch them burn to death or die of the poison.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 02-21-2022
Man, fuck them bows! In my experience with these latest ACs, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.
At least in Origins, the zoom-in bow could get head shots. Now they've made that zoom and ability and it's shit, even with head shots. Some things should still be instant kills, within reason of course.

And in Origins they had a poison sword and a flaming sword. I'd just cut dudes up then run away and watch them burn to death or die of the poison.
I use fire and poison a lot in Odyssey. With the skill upgrades, they're both pretty powerful. They're just not weapon specific anymore, they're abilities.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 02-21-2022
I will say this about the combat - I'm enamored with the Greek Hoplite fighting style. I feel like they did a very good job with all of the weapons but most so with the spear. I find myself using a spear about 90% of the time, which is rare for me. I usually go for a sword most anytime.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:59 PM 02-21-2022

Lol. I remember the first time I played, I attacked a fort and did not trap the beacon first. Next thing you know, the place was swarming with all sorts of troops with reinforcements coming. I quickly maxed out my bounty and I was also swarmed by mercenaries. Little did I know, but one was the guy (name eludes me) that was by himself at the top of the mercenary ranks (the one that gives you the flaming horse) and found out he was also part of the cult. It was epic and caught me off guard. Never thought that happened with any other cult members like you did until now.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:01 PM 02-21-2022
I've had that happen a couple of times. Nothing better than getting into a big fight in a fort, only to have a merc that's 5 to 6 levels higher than you show up.
Once you get fire on your weapons, it doesn’t matter much. Strike them a few times, dodge their attacks and watch the hilarity that ensues they run around on fire. I swear that fire damage is too OP for that game.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:04 PM 02-21-2022
I will say this about the combat - I'm enamored with the Greek Hoplite fighting style. I feel like they did a very good job with all of the weapons but most so with the spear. I find myself using a spear about 90% of the time, which is rare for me. I usually go for a sword most anytime.
Love using daggers. The Atlantean Blade or Dagger of Kronus with fire on it is so unstoppable. I just love the speed of daggers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Once you get fire on your weapons, it doesn’t matter much. Strike them a few times, dodge their attacks and watch the hilarity that ensues they run around on fire. I swear that fire damage is too OP for that game.
I'm playing on the max difficulty. I have to be really careful because a merc, captain, or cultist 5 levels higher than me can kill me in 2 hits, sometimes 1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Love using daggers. The Atlantean Blade or Dagger of Kronus with fire on it is so unstoppable. I just love the speed of daggers.
I love the range and crowd control of the spear. The overpower attack is especially useful at creating space around me and keeping guys off of me.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:59 PM 02-21-2022
I love the range and crowd control of the spear. The overpower attack is especially useful at creating space around me and keeping guys off of me.
That makes sense based off of your difficulty level. I just get spoiled with the speed of daggers.
[Reply]
Fish 06:32 PM 02-21-2022
I don't think I armed a spear a single time in that game... :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:33 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't think I armed a spear a single time in that game... :-)
I always kept Poseidon’s Trident on me though, just not actively equipped for those times when I have to dive down for significant stretches of time. It’s handy for that, but other than that, like you I never equipped it.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 256
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Up