ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 270
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:14 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
WR and Edge are bigger needs than RT is.
That are easier filled in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds, as well as with available FA options, IMO.

I don't necessarily disagree with you in a vacuum (well, I might when it comes to Edge - I don't think that's an immediate need). But I think we can address some of those other holes in later rounds.

And I don't see any realistic path to doing so at RT.

You give me Cedric Tillman and mid-tier veteran WR and I'm content, if not elated, with the WR room. And then, say, Zach Harrison or Ali Gaye in the 3rd to cover the rest of the DE group with Karlaftis, Omenihu and Danna (and maybe another late signing from the veteran DE pile) and we're fine there.

But man, OT gets thin fast.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:15 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He really wants Taylor at RT and for us to draft Willie Roaf, I think.
If Broderick Jones turns into Willie Roaf...GREAT!
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:15 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
What the F are you talking about DF? I was discussing a simple scenario with Megatron regarding injury scenario if we draft a LT vs RT. See your fat ass out of the conversation if you can't follow a simple two msg exchange

via GIPHY

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 03-21-2023
What the F are you talking about DF? I was discussing a simple scenario with Megatron regarding injury scenario if we draft a LT vs RT. See your fat ass out of the conversation if you can't follow a simple two msg exchange
What if Mahomes dies?!?!?!

What then!?!?!
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:16 PM 03-21-2023
Honestly I don't know. But roster-wise, we have two guys already that have shown at least some ability to play RT in Niang and Prince. Not so much at LT. Like very little ability. maybe one of those guys comes into preseason and shows some better ability. But you want Taylor at RT, so we now have three RTs.
That's the other thing:

Niang was a 3rd round pick who they've kept around despite his issues. They obviously see something in him. If the concern is injury, draft a backup swing or right tackle and put Niang out there to see if you're actually going to get a return on the already sunk investment.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:16 PM 03-21-2023
He really wants Taylor at RT and for us to draft Willie Roaf, I think.
And somehow a hypothetical whereby Taylor plays LT then gets hurt forwards that conversation...

I see...
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 03-21-2023
Here's the thing:

In your scenario, you're looking at replacing both LT AND RT, whether it's moving guys around, people switching positions, keeping Taylor at RT, or playing Thuney LT (can't believe I even had to mention it).

If you put Taylor at LT and Niang or anybody else at RT, if Taylor gets injured you put in the 2nd guy. You're only changing one position, which for the offensive line is extremely important.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:19 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And somehow a hypothetical whereby Taylor plays LT then gets hurt forwards that conversation...

I see...
Something like that. OL is not my thing, so this conversation is rapidly dropping into depths i can't swim in, but I do think the general idea is that the best OT plays LT. On most teams I'm fairly sure this is correct.

But it's the offseason, so what the Heck, right?
[Reply]
Dante84 04:20 PM 03-21-2023

Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) on DeAndre Hopkins suitors:

“Teams I’m told are interested with the possible capital to pull off a trade for Hopkins include (but aren’t limited to) the New England Patriots, New York Giants, Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons.”

— Michael Marino (@MarinoMLB) March 21, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:20 PM 03-21-2023
If Broderick Jones turns into Willie Roaf...GREAT!
When do we do the DNA test?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:21 PM 03-21-2023
Something like that. OL is not my thing, so this conversation is rapidly dropping into depths i can't swim in, but I do think the general idea is that the best OT plays LT. On most teams I'm fairly sure this is correct.

But it's the offseason, so what the Heck, right?
And the best OT is going to be a rookie. Who we trade up for. Because Brent Vlumpf is playing 5D chess.

Cool. I'm up to speed now.

You two may continue. I'll try to keep up.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:21 PM 03-21-2023
What if Mahomes dies?!?!?!

What then!?!?!
Ohhh I'm sowwy I hurt your feelings. You are always the smartest guy in the room arent ya??
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 03-21-2023
Ohhh I'm sowwy I hurt your feelings. You are always the smartest guy in the room arent ya??
Usually, yes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:23 PM 03-21-2023
That are easier filled in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds, as well as with available FA options, IMO.

I don't necessarily disagree with you in a vacuum (well, I might when it comes to Edge - I don't think that's an immediate need). But I think we can address some of those other holes in later rounds.

And I don't see any realistic path to doing so at RT.

You give me Cedric Tillman and mid-tier veteran WR and I'm content, if not elated, with the WR room. And then, say, Zach Harrison or Ali Gaye in the 3rd to cover the rest of the DE group with Karlaftis, Omenihu and Danna (and maybe another late signing from the veteran DE pile) and we're fine there.

But man, OT gets thin fast.
You said it yourself, it gets thin fast. There's decent chance no good tackle is there at 31. You don't want to reach for a 2nd tier guy when other positions are falling down the board. If you're drafting for need, it's gotta be a WR (and I'm not suggesting they have to go WR in the 1st, it's just a bigger need than RT). Now if we go and get Hopkins or OBJ, that changes everything. Beyond that, I still think Edge is a bigger need than RT.

I just don't see any way to say drafting a RT at 31 is a good thing unless one of the LT prospects falls all the way down. And I just don't see the Chiefs pulling the trigger. I know people think the Chiefs would just draft a LT and move Taylor to RT but I just don't think they will.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:25 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
JUSTYN ROSS!! I keep seeing this, but I swear I will be totally shocked if that kid sees even 1 game on the active roster in 2023.

A Justyn Ross sighting.

IG: @topshelf_tj pic.twitter.com/78OjQH8TTA

— Mark Gunnels (@MarkAGunnels) March 21, 2023

[Reply]
Page 111 of 270
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up