ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 70
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:00 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'd assimilate it...

Fun fact, she was born and raised in Missouri...
Wait a minute, what the fuck? That's what the rest of the Borg Queen looks like and they're not going to show her? Fuck these guys. I fell behind several episodes and have been meaning to catch up but now I'm really annoyed.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And yet another ancient Soong portrayed by Brent Spiner, and the daughter is played by the girl from season one.
Yeah that was fucking stupid. I can buy another Soong. Can't really buy his daughter being a chubby human version of the android. Although I suppose that person could have been in Data's memory engrams, making him choose her likeness for his own offspring. I think I handwaved that away.
[Reply]
Fish 11:13 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Wait a minute, what the fuck? That's what the rest of the Borg Queen looks like and they're not going to show her? Fuck these guys. I fell behind several episodes and have been meaning to catch up but now I'm really annoyed.
Damn shame green screening that booty.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:31 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
And I really am beginning to loathe scrunchy faced murder girl.

Ugh.

:-)
Beginning? Part of watching is hoping something horrible happens to her.

Last episode was better. Good enough I'll probably finish watching season 2.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:35 AM 04-17-2022
Man this season really went off the fucking rails.

It's like every episode is a different goddamn plot.

Whoever wrote this season has no idea how to form a coherent narrative. There's nothing driving the plot forward, it just meanders.

Oh, it's a season about time travel, but we're going to make a pit stop to have an episode exploring Picard's damaged psyche and latent Oedipal complex!!!

It's not even woke anymore, it's just like...WTF?

If they wanted to make this interesting, they should have stayed in the fascist timeline.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 AM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Man this season really went off the ****ing rails.

It's like every episode is a different goddamn plot.

Whoever wrote this season has no idea how to form a coherent narrative. There's nothing driving the plot forward, it just meanders.

Oh, it's a season about time travel, but we're going to make a pit stop to have an episode exploring Picard's damaged psyche and latent Oedipal complex!!!

It's not even woke anymore, it's just like...WTF?

If they wanted to make this interesting, they should have stayed in the fascist timeline.
It was great for the first couple of episodes, then it went off the rails.

You want to explore Picards mind, fine and dandy. Give us 22 episodes.

With 8 episodes? Exploring the issues of the current time? exploring picards mind? How about exploring the plot? How about the queen wiping out humanity as a minor subplot? everything humanity did, is wiped out and we are all assimilated. Maybe focus on that or the Facist timeline.

Who cares about picards mind or border issues? Focus on the big picture, why did you make the season? For this shit?

I sure hope Strange worlds and the new TNG season turns this around.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:30 PM 04-17-2022
They can still salvage it, but these past three episodes have been a tic above hot garbage and time is running out on the season.

And I could not have been the only one to think Picard was talking to Julian Bashir in his head, lol.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:48 PM 04-21-2022
Much better episode. Last two might be bangers.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:00 PM 04-21-2022
Alex Kurtzman is the Matt Cassel of Star Trek.

Has way too much goddamn power. Sucks horribly at his job. Beloved by the decision makers. Slowly eats away at the souls of loyal fans until it takes years for trust to be earned back.

I kind of hope he dies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 PM 04-21-2022
Calm down, at least we got to enjoy Q's sneering contempt for humanity in this one.

That was beautiful.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:36 PM 04-21-2022
I never would have imagined SNR was a Scot

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:08 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They can still salvage it, but these past three episodes have been a tic above hot garbage and time is running out on the season.

And I could not have been the only one to think Picard was talking to Julian Bashir in his head, lol.
Much better episode. Last two might be bangers.
Much better episode.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:13 AM 04-22-2022
you can't really do the time travel plot with this little humor though

first contact, voyage home

swimming with humor

this trek is far too dystopian
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:28 AM 04-22-2022
you can't really do the time travel plot with this little humor though

first contact, voyage home

swimming with humor

this trek is far too dystopian
It's nowhere near as fun as it could be, no. I'm honestly a bit disappointed how this season has turned out after a promising start, but let's see if they are able to stick the landing at all (I'm guessing not).

Still miles and miles better than the garbage Discovery is churning out though.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:04 AM 04-22-2022
Calm down, at least we got to enjoy Q's sneering contempt for humanity in this one.

That was beautiful.
At least Matt Cassel went 27 TDs and 7 INTs that one year. That was beautiful, too.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 70
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up