ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 70
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:23 PM 03-04-2022
By the way, I still have only seen one episode of Discovery.

I refuse to watch any of that garbage. Star Trek's past is written. I don't need to see a big pile of steaming shit in the middle of it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:59 PM 03-04-2022
De Lancie has still got it. That was a nice ending.

I will say in watching this that I could barely remember who the secondary characters on Picard were and what motivations they had (outside of Seven), which doesn’t say much for their development in S1 at all.

Still, at least you care about Picard and his story and it is something resembling Star Trek, which gives it a step up on the trash that Discovery is still churning out right now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:01 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
By the way, I still have only seen one episode of Discovery.

I refuse to watch any of that garbage. Star Trek's past is written. I don't need to see a big pile of steaming shit in the middle of it.
Star Trek’s past on Discovery? They’re like a 1000 years in the future now on that show and don’t really have a clue what they are even trying to be or what they’re trying to do.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 PM 03-04-2022
oh god :-)

yes, definitely not watching it
[Reply]
listopencil 04:36 AM 03-05-2022
Still waiting for that Pike ensemble show but this first episode of the new Picard season was enjoyable. It's hard to take Whoopi Goldberg seriously in anything so Guinan is ruined for me. Q was great, though. Seven is still hot. Scrunchy Face Murder Girl was mildly annoying but she was white girl wasted through the episode so that helped. I'll keep watching.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:48 PM 03-07-2022
So with the new season starting I decided to re-watch season one.

I just finished, and I don't know if I'm just in a happier place now than when it originally aired, but now I can't figure out for the life of me what I didn't like about it the first time. It was great.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:37 AM 03-08-2022
Just finished watching the first 10 episodes of Star Trek Prodigy. It's surprisingly effective and far more than the kids show it was advertised as. Compelling overall storyline, some pretty dark themes and some of the best pure Trek since Enterprise (in particular, the episode Time Amok stands out). Given Kate Mulgrew's involvement, I could also see it playing out as somewhat of a sequel to Voyager.

Gives me a bit of hope for this new generation of Star Trek after the disaster that is Discovery (which I also caught up on; S4 might actually be the worst thing on television). Now just need Picard S2 or that Pike/Spock series to come through.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 03-09-2022
It was a good start. At least it felt like "Star Trek".

Maybe they learned from the Mandalorian, a little fan service isn't such a bad thing. Guinan, Q and some kind of enhanced Borg, Dispends on where they go but I'll keep watching. Maybe they turned this around?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:15 PM 03-11-2022
This is going to be way better than the first season. Damn!
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 AM 03-12-2022
It's Back to the Future Part 2.

I keep waiting for Biff to show up and call Picard a butthead.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:07 AM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is going to be way better than the first season. Damn!
Agreed. This is looking 10X better than season 1.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 AM 03-12-2022
My only regret is they aren't staying in the fascist timeline. I want to see more of that shit. Picard offing every alien in the galaxy? Fuuuuck yeah :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:43 AM 03-13-2022
ST: Lower Decks got a nod in this last episode!!!

Originally Posted by :
The most surprising reference in the Picard Season 2 premiere episode is a nod to Lower Decks' junior engineering officer Sam Rutherford. Appearing on Lower Decks as an ensign serving on the USS Cerritos, Rutherford is heard being summoned on an intercom at Starfleet Academy as cadets receive their starship assignments. In the years since the events of Lower Decks, Rutherford has been promoted to the rank of Commander and serves on the Excelsior, the same vessel as Picard's old friend Raffi Musiker and Elnor. It is unclear what role Rutherford holds on the Excelsior, but, given his rank and years of experience, he may be the Excelsior's chief engineer.

[Reply]
Bowser 10:37 AM 03-13-2022
Ha, that's cool
[Reply]
Donger 11:43 AM 03-13-2022
Still haven't watched this, and I love TNG. Worth it?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 70
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up