ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 70
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 PM 01-29-2022
If you search the actresses name, Mary Wiseman, you'll see that her appearance is just all over the map. WTH?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:28 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
If you search the actresses name, Mary Wiseman, you'll see that her appearance is just all over the map. WTH?
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they WANTED her to be dumpy and unattractive. Outside of Mary Sue Space Jesus, the whole cast is a bunch of fucking rejects. I mean, why else would they have hired her the way she looked initially if they didn't want her that way? And while Tilly the character may not have a problem with it, it seems that Mary Wiseman might. Maybe she sees herself on TV, releases that she looks like shit, and loses the weight when they're not shooting. But they make her put it back on for the production.

And this time she told them to fuck off.

If it's true that she's being written out of the show, maybe that's why.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:17 AM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That can't be right. I watched the first season, and she never looked that good.

Although here mirror counterpart certainly looked better.
No, it is. She only wore that rectangular badge in the first season. She started relatively thin and got heavier every season. The fat picture is from the season 4 premiere. Here's a clip of her first appearance on the show.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:35 AM 01-30-2022
I still don't see it. The face and visible parts of her body are much slimmer.

I guess it's possible that the still photo has been shopped to make her look better. You can't see whatever that thing is on her forehead in the photo, either.
[Reply]
Jamie 04:07 AM 03-03-2022
Season 2 premiere... I didn't hate it. :-) If nothing else it certainly felt more like Star Trek.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:36 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
WTF?!

Written off the show...or just playing a new character?

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:53 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Season 2 premiere... I didn't hate it. :-) If nothing else it certainly felt more like Star Trek.
It felt like it went on forever without much actually happening. Good enough I'll watch the next episode though.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:03 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I still don't see it. The face and visible parts of her body are much slimmer.

I guess it's possible that the still photo has been shopped to make her look better. You can't see whatever that thing is on her forehead in the photo, either.
This was labeled as from 2021. It's a picture of her wearing a burgundy denim potato sack and an orange Kabuki wig from what I can tell. I may be lacking the appropriate context, though:

[Reply]
Fish 02:33 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Written off the show...or just playing a new character?

Space butthole?
[Reply]
listopencil 03:00 PM 03-04-2022
Space butthole?
Doomsday Machine. Possibly papier-mâché.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:15 PM 03-04-2022
Not sure what to make of Picard Season 2. Potentially could be really good...will be tuning in to see Q if nothing else.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:16 PM 03-04-2022
That’s the CGI update of the doomsday machine.

The original was a windsock dipped in cement.
[Reply]
Fish 03:24 PM 03-04-2022
Ahh thanks. I haven't seen any new episodes yet..
[Reply]
Frazod 09:06 PM 03-04-2022
Ahh thanks. I haven't seen any new episodes yet..
Doomsday Machine is from the original series.

That image is from when the special effects were upgraded a few years ago.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:19 PM 03-04-2022
Well that made me completely horny.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 70
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up