ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 173
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:23 PM 04-25-2016
Fly safe, mang!
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:52 PM 04-25-2016
Be safe and good luck buddy.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:43 AM 04-26-2016
I am in Copenhgagen, waiting for the departure gate for my Aalborg flight to be posted, so I logged onto the ipad and checked for email. I had one from the cancer center, showing my CEA (the cancer marker in my blood) has soared to 54.1 and it was 2.something in January. It was 88.1 when I was initially diagnosed. Dammit all, that really brought me down. I don't even feel like having a welcome back beer right now.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:36 AM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am in Copenhgagen, waiting for the departure gate for my Aalborg flight to be posted, so I logged onto the ipad and checked for email. I had one from the cancer center, showing my CEA (the cancer marker in my blood) has soared to 54.1 and it was 2.something in January. It was 88.1 when I was initially diagnosed. Dammit all, that really brought me down. I don't even feel like having a welcome back beer right now.
Have the beer anyway.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:43 AM 04-26-2016
Don't let it ruin the rest of your trip. The rest of your life is likely to have these ups and downs. Live while you can and let fate take care of itself.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:31 PM 04-26-2016
Hang tough and smile. We're all pulling for you...
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:35 AM 04-27-2016
:-)

Enjoy your trip. Get rested up and re-energized to kick this fucking cancer.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:51 AM 04-27-2016
Hit that buffet and enjoy your trip, Ed!
[Reply]
Meatloaf 01:22 PM 04-27-2016
Hi Ed. **** that stinking CEA crap and have a beer. No, have SEVERAL BEERS! Beer is the nectar of life, so imbibe with gusto!!!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:46 PM 04-27-2016
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Hi Ed. **** that stinking CEA crap and have a beer. No, have SEVERAL BEERS! Beer is the nectar of life, so imbibe with gusto!!!!
I had 6 of them today and feel much happier. 3 of them were beers I had never tried before. The first was Galway Hooker (a ship, not a hoe!) pale ale and it was very well crafted. The second was Guinness porter. It was unusual for a porter, which I think of as stout juniors. It had a nice ruby color, subtle aroma, and a smoky finish; I think it would be excellent with barbecue. The third was, um, amber colored. I will probably remember the name tomorrow.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 02:23 PM 04-27-2016
I had 6 of them today and feel much happier. 3 of them were beers I had never tried before. The first was Galway Hooker (a ship, not a hoe!) pale ale and it was very well crafted. The second was Guinness porter. It was unusual for a porter, which I think of as stout juniors. It had a nice ruby color, subtle aroma, and a smoky finish; I think it would be excellent with barbecue. The third was, um, amber colored. I will probably remember the name tomorrow.
Stop, you're making me thirsty! Damn, those sound great. Keep us posted!!!
[Reply]
scho63 02:58 PM 04-27-2016
Photos. photos, photos Ed! :-)

Make sure to have some hot Danish women in the background behind your beers
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:19 PM 04-29-2016
I had WONDERFUL brews with 12 and 13% alcohol today and can't find who the Chiefs drafted or didn't draft, so help a besotted brother out and tell me already!
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:22 PM 04-29-2016
I had WONDERFUL brews with 12 and 13% alcohol today and can't find who the Chiefs drafted or didn't draft, so help a besotted brother out and tell me already!
Traded out of the first round.

6th pick of the second Chris Jones. He's a specimen, but the most notable thing he did is have his cock and balls fall out on the 40 at the combine.

Traded out of 28 in the second.

ChiefsPlanet imploded.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:12 PM 04-29-2016
Corner with the 11 pick in the 3rd.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 173
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Up