ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 284
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:00 PM 06-23-2015
I watched 'Whiplash' last night on, I believe it was HBO. I can see why JK Simmons won the Academy Award for best supporting actor. It's not an easy movie to watch, but you can't turn it off. If you have a good surround sound system, turn it up. If you're a fan of Lee Ermey in your face drill sgt films, then you'll love this movie.

[Reply]
Rausch 04:40 PM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Prisoners was intense. Gylenhal has been tits lately (I just watched Nightcrawler the other day). I'm guessing his character in Prisoners had Tourette's or something but I like when actors change their mannerisms for roles. You'll rarely ever see guys doing that. It's just Denzel playing a cop or Denzel playing a train conductor or Leo as a bum ass artist or Leo with a shoddy South African accent. Jackman also did well.
Prisoners was great.

I went in expecting "Movie A" which I wasn't all that excited about but then got "Movie B," and there was some C and D and E that I didn't expect at all. Great flick...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:44 PM 06-23-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Prisoners was great.

I went in expecting "Movie A" which I wasn't all that excited about but then got "Movie B," and there was some C and D and E that I didn't expect at all. Great flick...
Awesome flick. Caught it on cable a few months back and surprised the hell out of me.
[Reply]
eDave 04:46 PM 06-23-2015
Couldn't make it through 1/3 of Mad Max. Low brow entertainment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:34 PM 06-23-2015
No Good Deed was pretty good. Idris Elba did a good job playing a sociopath.

Also, Taraji Henson could get allllllllll this dick.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:26 AM 06-24-2015
Just finished Blue Ruin.

Pretty damned good. It's a revenge flick but a revenge flick if the average person actually tried this $#it. Not Rambo or Ah-nold.

There were a few moments where I thought that's really dumb, why would you do that? It's not bad storytelling - he's just really bad at being a bad guy. Imagine a revenge story where the main character is a homeless man with no clue about guns or really even how to fight.

The guy that plays the main character does a great job and the whole no-name cast is solid.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 AM 06-29-2015
So...I am getting my parents a little gag gift next month. Going to print out some photoshops I'm creating and frame them.

1. My youngest sister and mother into a scene from Aliens as Ripley and Newt.

2. My dad and I as Indiana Jones and Short Round.

3. My dad/mother and my older sister as ?????

I'm coming up blank on the third one. The best idea I've had is dad as Dr. Grant and sis as Lex, covering her mouth in the T-Rex/Jeep scene from Jurassic Park, but the only high-resolution photo I can find, there's a lot of rain and stuff covering the faces.

I'm also thinking of doing one with dad as Gandalf and my baby niece as one of the hobbits, but again...not finding a lot of great photos.

Honestly would like to do one with my mother again, instead.

So I'm open to ideas. Either a completely different idea or a photo I haven't found. Needs to be at least 1500x2000 or so for decent print quality at 8x10.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:48 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
So...I am getting my parents a little gag gift next month. Going to print out some photoshops I'm creating and frame them.

1. My youngest sister and mother into a scene from Aliens as Ripley and Newt.

2. My dad and I as Indiana Jones and Short Round.

3. My dad/mother and my older sister as ?????

I'm coming up blank on the third one. The best idea I've had is dad as Dr. Grant and sis as Lex, covering her mouth in the T-Rex/Jeep scene from Jurassic Park, but the only high-resolution photo I can find, there's a lot of rain and stuff covering the faces.

I'm also thinking of doing one with dad as Gandalf and my baby niece as one of the hobbits, but again...not finding a lot of great photos.

Honestly would like to do one with my mother again, instead.

So I'm open to ideas. Either a completely different idea or a photo I haven't found. Needs to be at least 1500x2000 or so for decent print quality at 8x10.
Thelma and Louise?

The two Asian gals from SHIELD?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:07 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Watched Nightcrawler. Wife didn't like it but I thought it was pretty interesting.
I bet she doesn't like Fury, either.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:08 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Couldn't make it through 1/3 of Mad Max. Low brow entertainment.
+1
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:24 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Thelma and Louise?

The two Asian gals from SHIELD?
Shitty ideas but I've got some good ones.

I think I'll go with Mary Poppins and make myself the lad.

Also thinking maybe Dr. Grant/Lex.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:29 PM 06-30-2015
What about making your dad Darth Vader as he is pulling the mask off and you could be Luke.

Or Goonies, your Mom as Mama, you can be Chunk, and your pops can be Jake.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:32 PM 06-30-2015
Watched Nightcrawler on Netflix. Very entertaing. Gylenhall is an amazing actor.

Scathing critique of what local news has turned in to.

"If it bleeds it leads"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:58 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
What about making your dad Darth Vader as he is pulling the mask off and you could be Luke.

Or Goonies, your Mom as Mama, you can be Chunk, and your pops can be Jake.
You didn't even read the post.
[Reply]
eDave 07-01-2015, 02:08 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Great Expectations 12:06 PM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
You didn't even read the post.
I thought it said that you were open to completely different ideas.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 284
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up