ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 284
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Maybe you're taking change your life a bit serious in my post. But affect your life to a great degree, yes. There is definitely varying degrees of change.
Could be. People and events change my life. Sometimes music is a coping mechanism but it hasn't ever been the catalyst for change.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:44 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Could be. People and events change my life. Sometimes music is a coping mechanism but it hasn't ever been the catalyst for change.
You're listening to the wrong kind of music and likely have no heart.

:-)

Did you read my post about bumfuck Montana? I had no idea things like that existed as a young child outside of my small bubble. That music changed me. No doubt.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:52 PM 06-09-2015
You're listening to the wrong kind of music and likely have no heart.

Did you read my post about bumfuck Montana? I had no idea things like that existed as a young child outside of my small bubble. That music changed me. No doubt.
I'm pretty sure I don't have a heart. I'm an accountant at heart after all
[Reply]
-King- 12:26 AM 06-10-2015
Hot tub time machine 2 had a few laugh out loud moments but nowhere near as funny as the original HTTM
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 06-10-2015
You've never had that moment when growing up, when you heard music for the first time that was so much different from any other music you had ever came across in your life? I remember that moment a few times in 5-6th grade. One of the coolest feelings you'll ever have. Music is amazing.
That happened when I heard Marilyn Manson's Anti-Christ Superstar for the first time.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:37 AM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
That happened when I heard Marilyn Manson's Anti-Christ Superstar for the first time.
Happened to me with Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen." I was a mild mannered school teacher and father of two boys living a middle class existence. Now I'm a cross dressing crack dealer.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Happened to me with Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen." I was a mild mannered school teacher and father of two boys living a middle class existence. Now I'm a cross dressing crack dealer.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:09 AM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:

"Yaaaaahhhhh!"
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:20 PM 06-10-2015
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Apologies if posted before. Looks intense:

That looks great and done by one of my favorite directors.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:23 PM 06-10-2015
You've never had that moment when growing up, when you heard music for the first time that was so much different from any other music you had ever came across in your life? I remember that moment a few times in 5-6th grade. One of the coolest feelings you'll ever have. Music is amazing.
Not growing up, but that happened when I heard Mozart for the first time on my way to Europe on a jet one summer.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:50 PM 06-10-2015
The Equalizer was everything Man On Fire was but more, much better movie all around.

Denzel has these badass older guy characters down cold, a great two hours of bloodletting.

Fury - some of the most brutal battle scenes since Saving Private Ryans first 15 minutes and plenty of solid acting along the way... another two hours I gladly gave.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:59 PM 06-18-2015
Contagion from, I believe, 2011 was worth a watch. It was a nice take on a viral outbreak that didn't involve zombies. It also had some big names.

Lucy was just meh.

Prisoners was intense. Gylenhal has been tits lately (I just watched Nightcrawler the other day). I'm guessing his character in Prisoners had Tourette's or something but I like when actors change their mannerisms for roles. You'll rarely ever see guys doing that. It's just Denzel playing a cop or Denzel playing a train conductor or Leo as a bum ass artist or Leo with a shoddy South African accent. Jackman also did well.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:11 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
When I first heard Bob Marley my whole existence changed. Then when I heard Sublime mix reggae with punk rock... Life altering!!

And watched John Wick, that was a fun ride!!
[Reply]
-King- 07:21 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Fury - some of the most brutal battle scenes since Saving Private Ryans first 15 minutes and plenty of solid acting along the way... another two hours I gladly gave.
Yep. I think it was this thread that I called Fury the best war movie since SPR. Just a great all around movie.
[Reply]
-King- 07:23 AM 06-19-2015
Watched Time Lapse. Decent first two acts. The 3rd act is kind of dumb though as they try to explain the plot. 5/10.

I've watched a lot of movies the past couple years and I've come to realize how hard writing an ending is. There have been a lot of decent to really good movies that ended up being ruined by a shitty ending.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 284
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up