ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 284
1 23451151101 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Bowser 11:30 AM 01-04-2014
Watched Dredd again with the 17 y/o daughter. It was her first time seeing it, and she loved it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:53 AM 01-04-2014
I still need to see Gravity, the new Jack Ryan looks pretty good too, Costner is having something of a resurgence.
[Reply]
Ceej 11:57 AM 01-04-2014
OT - but, whatever happened to IrishJayhawk?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:12 PM 01-04-2014
Riddick was ok. Not great, but better than I thought it was gonna be.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:14 PM 01-04-2014
Oh god, 2 Guns was the most forgettable movie I have seen in forever. Denzel and Whalberg have no chemistry, Whalberg has been type castes to play the SMS stupid character in every movie, and the writing was awful.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:09 PM 01-04-2014
The Spectacular Now was a pretty good for a rental or on demand pick.

A.C.O.D. (Adult Children of Divorce) was great- definitely a good black comedy with a bunch of familiar faces.

Starring
Adam Scott
Richard Jenkins
Catherine O'Hara
Amy Poehler
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Clark Duke
Ken Howard
Jessica Alba
Jane Lynch

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:17 PM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
I still need to see Gravity, the new Jack Ryan looks pretty good too, Costner is having something of a resurgence.
He's is in so many upcoming movies. I went to see Wolf of Wall Street, and he was in like 3/4 of the trailers.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Watched Dredd again with the 17 y/o daughter. It was her first time seeing it, and she loved it.
I thought it was pretty decent, worth a 1-off watch if you're bored and in the mood. It's 1000x better than the first bootup that starred Stalone, and I guess much closer to the source material from the comics (?)

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Riddick was ok. Not great, but better than I thought it was gonna be.
It was okay- the 2nd (Chronicles) I thought was really good- even though it was deadpanned by critics after the first movie got surprisingly good reviews, which wasn't expected as it was released during dead time - typically after the post holiday releases prior to award season when studios don't expect much from the film in terms of $$$ or winning any awards.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:20 PM 01-04-2014
Random post to force subscription.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 04:16 PM 01-04-2014
Best superhero movie last year: The Wolverine. Thor: The Dark World was OK, Iron Man 3 was bad, Kick-Ass 2 was horrendous, and Man of Steel was everything wrong with movies today.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:16 PM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
The Spectacular Now was a pretty good for a rental or on demand pick.

A.C.O.D. (Adult Children of Divorce) was great- definitely a good black comedy with a bunch of familiar faces.

Starring
Adam Scott
Richard Jenkins
Catherine O'Hara
Amy Poehler
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Clark Duke
Ken Howard
Jessica Alba
Jane Lynch

You need to check your eyesight. I don't think any of those actors are black
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 PM 01-04-2014
Just watched Flight. Didn't realize it was a zemeckis film. A much more intense movie than I was expecting.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 05:32 PM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Best superhero movie last year: The Wolverine. Thor: The Dark World was OK, Iron Man 3 was bad, Kick-Ass 2 was horrendous, and Man of Steel was everything wrong with movies today.
How was IM3 bad? It was very entertaining at the minimum, and MoS was definitely entertaining as well. KA2 sucked I agree, and I thought Wolverine was kind of meh, the villains in it sucked.
[Reply]
Fairplay 05:47 PM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Oh god, 2 Guns was the most forgettable movie I have seen in forever. Denzel and Whalberg have no chemistry, Whalberg has been type castes to play the SMS stupid character in every movie, and the writing was awful.

Seen that yesterday a lot of over the top scenes the ending was laughable
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 PM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Just watched Flight. Didn't realize it was a zemeckis film. A much more intense movie than I was expecting.
I thought it was really good. I didn't expect any of it. At all. I thought he may have had some alcohol in his system, but I didn't expect all that.

The question I have is can a guy really get piss drunk, take a snort of crack, and be good to go?

Is that even possible?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 284
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up