ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the LA Chargers ( Week 3)
TLO 09:24 PM 09-19-2021
We're on to the Chargers, and our first noon game of the season.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:07 PM 09-23-2021
Can our defense get any worse? Surely we've hit bottom.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:12 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs were up 35-24 towards the end of the third quarter with the ball back on offense near midfield.

They were in a prime position to drive for another score and go up by three scores/blow out the Ravens, but instead Andy Reid calls another failed first down running play… loss of 5 yards… and the Chiefs are unable to recover from there.
One thing is clear. Mahomes is still learning the game. He wasn't seeing the field. That third quarter was straight up funky at times.

Chris Jones on the edge looked lost containing the run as well. Our defensive line is by far the biggest disappointment thus far. If the Chargers are able to bully the DL like BAL and CLE then watch out. We have a long way to go.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:31 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
One thing is clear. Mahomes is still learning the game. He wasn't seeing the field. That third quarter was straight up funky at times.

Chris Jones on the edge looked lost containing the run as well. Our defensive line is by far the biggest disappointment thus far. If the Chargers are able to bully the DL like BAL and CLE then watch out. We have a long way to go.
I don't think PM is learning the game , he has mastered it, he makes all the throws + about 10 more the rest of the QB's can't. He is in a league all by himself when it comes to the position of QB at this time. PM is the big play QB and the only time he does not do well is when you make him sit on the bench for extended periods.
[Reply]
Redbled 07:46 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
And yet, we had 2 INT's (1 a pick 6), a fumble recovery, and actually forced them to punt a couple times. :-)

Although it didn't seem like it.
We had the ball twice with an 11 point lead and could have put them away. Our offense needs to improve too and part of that was wasting first downs running for 2 yards over and over.
[Reply]
Redbled 07:53 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The positives of the slow start for the defense is that our offense gets to work and feel the urgency...

And Mahomes gets a chance at another MVP.

Of course we need to get things corrected on D or we are another version of the 2018 team. Which despite its flaws was good enough to win a Super Bowl if you know who doesn't line up offsides.
It’s interesting you say that. A couple times this year already I’ve seen opponents lined up right where Dee was. No call of course.
[Reply]
Redbled 07:58 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:

Our edge containment seems worse than ever. Wondering how Jones factors into that.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:08 AM 09-24-2021
Rename this thread to "Still pissing and moaning about the Ravens loss". Thank you.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:19 AM 09-24-2021
The Chiefs were up 35-24 towards the end of the third quarter with the ball back on offense near midfield.

They were in a prime position to drive for another score and go up by three scores/blow out the Ravens, but instead Andy Reid calls another failed first down running play… loss of 5 yards… and the Chiefs are unable to recover from there.
^this^ Trust PM II and put the dagger in every team you can... The Ravens can't drive the ball for 7-8 minutes in the quarter if we are up 3 scores...
[Reply]
TLO 09:35 AM 09-24-2021
I think the defense is going to look better this week. Significantly better. Will be happy to eat cross if I'm wrong.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 AM 09-24-2021

This and the cute plays in the redzone have to stop.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:44 AM 09-24-2021
I will be there sunday. But im taking my kid so now parking lot sex with the wife. Smh. Kids ruin everything.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:44 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Rename this thread to "Still pissing and moaning about the Ravens loss". Thank you.
Might as well. This was a bad loss... worst kind of loss, really: a game we had well in hand but blew it through piss poor execution across the board.

That one is going to sting for a long time. It could fuck up home field advantage; if these guys don't turn this shit around fast (learn how to stop the run, go for the jugular with a healthy lead & put these fucking teams away, establish a consistent running attack OR realize we don't have the horses for that style of play) expect to see this thread back at the top of the forum.
[Reply]
Tonka83 09:58 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Might as well. This was a bad loss... worst kind of loss, really: a game we had well in hand but blew it through piss poor execution across the board.

That one is going to sting for a long time. It could fuck up home field advantage; if these guys don't turn this shit around fast (learn how to stop the run, go for the jugular with a healthy lead & put these fucking teams away, establish a consistent running attack OR realize we don't have the horses for that style of play) expect to see this thread back at the top of the forum.

Agreed. It's not the loss as much as it is the way we lost. I seriously had flashbacks of the Bob Sutton era watching that game. A lot of frustration mixed with alcohol and a bit of PTSD last Sunday night and I'm still salty about it. A couple of good solid showings from this Defense will put it to rest I'm sure. The question is, do we get a couple of good solid showings?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:46 PM 09-24-2021
With gambling being embedded into the NFL out in the open...I'm starting to watch money lines on Chiefs games. By "money lines", I mean where the majority of betters are putting their cash...and see if there is correlation to how games are officiated and ebb-n-flow from the coaching staffs.

Some games you see a ton of flags and sometimes, very few....

So from the below chart, 85% of all cash is on the game being above 54.5 points.

So if the final score is 30-24...Vegas makes a killing. This site is saying take the under.

72% has KC winning by more than 7 points...so again a 30-24 score, Vegas cleans up. This site is saying to pick the Chiefs to beat the Chargers by more than 7...which goes against the money line.

Chargers winning obviously negates the spread all together...

The negative money line (Vegas) dictates this will be a close, average scoring game

I'm going to keep a mock tally...if I bet 100% on whichever side has the least amount of money on it. See how it averages out.

[Reply]
TEX 01:55 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think the defense is going to look better this week. Significantly better. Will be happy to eat cross if I'm wrong.
Why? Because they can't be any worse? :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up