Page 102 of 142
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:02 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pats59-1:
Correct. That's about to change. Show us the QBs you faced at home in those games.

Manning has been retired for years in that division. You saw what NE did to cement shoes Rivers.

Name me the QBs:
Brady was one of them dipshit. 4 season worth of home games, without a single good QB faced huh? :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:03 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Yehoodi:
The point RobertWeathers is making is that HFA is not the be all end all.

It's not the be all end all?

The Patriots (since 2001) are 3-4 on the road in the playoffs (not the Superbowl).

Your last win on the road in the playoffs was in 2006 against the Chargers.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:03 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-):-) This is great.
[Reply]
Pats59-1 11:05 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You just told us Brady threw 50+ times a game earlier in the season...subsequently proven false.

You just told us we lost to Baltimore...subsequently proven false.
I don't care what the number is. It's too many. He'd surge past 40 attempts on the late 3rd qtr of a game in 2007, 2011, 2012, and the offense would be compromised. If you have a run game like this with beastly blockers everywhere, it's impossible to ignore. It was significantly disproportionate to the run. Some of it was because of his ego thinking passing more leads to wins, some of it was Burkhead and Michel were out at the same time this year.

I haven't been so giddy about Pats run game in the postseason since 2004.

You can keep deflecting and denying these realities, but you'll only be crying more in those light beers come Sunday night.
[Reply]
Pats59-1 11:07 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
It's not the be all end all?

The Patriots (since 2001) are 3-4 on the road in the playoffs (not the Superbowl).

Your last win on the road in the playoffs was in 2006 against the Chargers.
Umm, because they get 1 seed almost every year? Your sneaky, politician style-out of context fact reeks of desperation.

Do you watch the NFL other than the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:07 AM 01-17-2019
Correct. That's about to change. Show us the QBs you faced at home in those games.

Manning has been retired for years in that division. You saw what NE did to cement shoes Rivers.

Name me the QBs:
Belichek had 2 weeks to prepare and Rivers still put up 28 on you, that's only a 2 pt conversion difference than what he put up at Arrowhead. Chiefs got the Chargers after being physically being beaten up in overtime on 3 days rest on TNF. Chiefs also blew out the Chargers on the road this year.

Let's see we played Bortles and beat him up badly his rating was like 15 or something. How did the Pats do against the mighty Bortles on the road?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:07 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by bostonhardo:
I simply believe that they are a better team now then they were at the beginning of the season.
Let's see, the Faketriots started the season losing their first two road games to non playoff teams, and ended the season losing their final two road games to non playoff teams.

I guess "improvement" is in the eye of the blinded, dumbshit Faketriots fan beholder.

:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 11:07 AM 01-17-2019
Which part, "verbatim"?

All the facts I typed? How many years do you think BB and Brady have been doing this and why do you people act like this is the Texans, Chargers, Titans, Ravens, etc?

It's befuddling.
Every time the Patriots lose it's -

Oh that's just the classic Bill Belichick (insert reason why we lost + month of the year) game, we'll be fine! We're not (insert AFC west division rival).

All while ignoring the fact that you haven't won a road playoff game since 2006
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM 01-17-2019
I don't care what the number is. It's too many. He'd surge past 40 attempts on the late 3rd qtr of a game in 2007, 2011, 2012, and the offense would be compromised. If you have a run game like this with beastly blockers everywhere, it's impossible to ignore. It was significantly disproportionate to the run. Some of it was because of his ego thinking passing more leads to wins, some of it was Burkhead and Michel were out at the same time this year.

I haven't been so giddy about Pats run game in the postseason since 2004.

You can keep deflecting and denying these realities, but you'll only be crying more in those light beers come Sunday night.
:-) I don't care about the facts. WHY ARE YOU GUYS DENYING REALITY?!?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:09 AM 01-17-2019
Umm, because they get 1 seed almost every year? Your sneaky, politician style-out of context fact reeks of desperation.

Throwing absolute indisputable facts up is desperation? Ok kiddo, you're running late for school and i'm sure you don't want an 8th hour. Yes middle school is hard.
[Reply]
8tics 11:09 AM 01-17-2019
While the Houston/Ford combo worries me the Pats usually deal with the high end caliber defensive players with relative success watt comes to mind as he never does anything, even last week ingram and bosa were invisible. They will chip one and double one with gronk which should limit some effectiveness. If you look at past NE losses its generally the inside guys who ruin the game. 2015 vs denver everyone looks at Von Miller but it was the wolf/malik jackson that completely changed the game. I'm petrified of Jones in this game. If am a I think it starts with him. Andrew's, the pats center is smart and tough but a bit undersized. He can be worked or at least force o-line to adjust opening lanes for LB's work.

Just trying to figure out KC's D. They looked like a different D last week but hoping it was a product of such an inept colts team.
[Reply]
Pats59-1 11:10 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Brady was one of them dipshit. 4 season worth of home games, without a single good QB faced huh? :-)
We've been over this.

Brady tried to throw too much in 2014 at Arrowhead and the team was completely outplayed. Congrats.

We've won TWO Super Bowls since then and almost won another last year, with a slew of key players on IR.

BB biyatchslapped he and McDaniels and said "We're onto Cincinnati" the next week after that loss.

Remember?

When Brady has a run game and the ego is checked at the door like it was with Garoppolo standing there with a clipboard being groomed by BB EVERY DAY, Brady and the Pats are far more dangerous.

Get it?

Stop relying on things that happened years ago. You people are avoiding discussing match ups for a reason.

FEAR
[Reply]
Pats59-1 11:11 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Throwing absolute indisputable facts up is desperation? Ok kiddo, you're running late for school and i'm sure you don't want an 8th hour. Yes middle school is hard.
Did you watch the Chargers/Pats game last week?

Simple yes or no.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 01-17-2019

And when they don't.....they don't seem to do as well. So is HFA advantage important or not?
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 11:12 AM 01-17-2019
Lets all marvel at the genius that is Pats59-1:

Kelce is not going to the Hall of Fame.

It's not relevant that if Brady has a good run game, to get to playaction, as the best playaction QB in NFL history, that it's not relevant to a zone D by Bob Sutton and one that could become overwhelmed by a balanced offense?

Are you aware your defense is worse than SDs and you plat a lot of zone?

Bob Sutton plays a lot of zone. Everyone knows this, apparently but you.

Against good offenses, your team plays a lot of zone.

"While both Justin Houston and Dee Ford are accomplished edge rushers, they are much worse comparatively against the run.

I have been reading this board all week and can't believe how much they are underrating the Pats potential in this game, which is very odd considering the match up advantages NE does have almost everywhere.

Kareem Hunt was an enormous loss for you. There's no denying it. Williams is a fine back, but he's not Hunt in terms of dynamics.

There are two ways to slow the KC offense:

1. Keep Mahomes on the bench with a run game and short passing game.
2. The Pats secondary is far better than you think and BETTER than what it was in October. You have no advantages in the passing game, man for man. Literally zero other than Hill when he'll likely face bracketed coverage on every down. And, the ball is harder to throw into man in that weather.

I also expect Reid to try to run the ball for this reason.

Man coverage, baby.

Man coverage.

Load the box and never leave Hill un-bracketed.

He's not a Hall of Famer. Then again, if Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis and Tony Dungy can get in, maybe he has a shot.

What homers you all are here.

I am not a homer at all. Brady was horrible earlier in the year in the red zone, for example. He's improved dramatically since avoiding staring down Gronk/Edleman/Gordon.

Gordon leaving the team has actually helped NE because Dorsett was all ready to go but they buried him behind the newly acquired Gordon. Ever since Dorsett got his job back and Brady has been targeting Dorsett and Hogan again, with a nasty run game, the results are what we saw last Sunday on our tv screens.

Brady can be his own worst enemy when he doesn't distribute the ball well. Now that he has been with results, it's right on there on the table.

He lost us SB 42 and SB 46 by ignoring a run game.

I am far from a homer.

Maybe you missed how NE ran their offense recently, or even last Sunday's dismantling of SD, even when SD tried to play man coverage.

They are not settling for 5 FGs again on Sunday, I can tell you that.

NE demolished Mahomes and Co in the first half of that game.

Yes, and mix and match with some blitzes. I would guess 80-90% man and maybe some zone in the red zone.

Good luck? They put on a clinic doing this in the first half in the October game.

Hunt and Hill scare the crap out of me, but guess what? That leaves on ONE guy you need to double and be truly fearful of.

NE has changed how they run their offense since then. I don't know why this is so confusing.

They're not throwing it 50+ times anymore. They're going to hammer it at Dee Ford all night with Mason and Cannon as two of the best run blockers in the league.

Brady targeted Gordon and Edelman 24/27 times in that game. Brady was horrible. That was a long time ago considering how the offense looks now. The more and more you hang onto what happened 2 or 3 months ago as a barometer for "on the road", the more beer you're going to be crying into on Sunday night.

BB will be telling them all week they haven't looked good on the road, while underdogs. Good luck with that!

I don't think Berry is healthy. Not sure he matters on that Achilles the way it is

What am I "looking up" exactly? Berry had an Achilles, no?

[Reply]
Page 102 of 142
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Up