View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 343
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:31 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
LT is more important than WR. People act like Hill is unstoppable. He isn't and we have seen that in the playoffs.
A Top 5 WR in the league is more valuable than ANY tackle let alone an overrated one who can't handle speed rushers. And it isn't even close.

I don't even know how you could argue otherwise in todays game, especially with a mobile QB like Mahomes.
[Reply]
Bump 10:49 PM 03-28-2022
ya but Hill would have been better to pay that shit to
[Reply]
Bump 11:00 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
LT is more important than WR. People act like Hill is unstoppable. He isn't and we have seen that in the playoffs.
he has over 1,000 playoff yards
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 11:03 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
A Top 5 WR in the league is more valuable than ANY tackle let alone an overrated one who can't handle speed rushers. And it isn't even close.

I don't even know how you could argue otherwise in todays game, especially with a mobile QB like Mahomes.
Didn’t workout so well in the Super Bowl in Tampa did it? Mahomes and Hill didn’t do much good without a line to block for them, even with Mahomes’ mobility.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:05 PM 03-28-2022
Yeah if you let Tyreek go, there's not much reason to not sign him to play with Patrick for the next 3 - 5 years barring injury concerns, which he hasn't really shown is an issue yet. We don't need LT to be questionable or a revolving door to where we get back to a Super Bowl, just to see what a second rate OLine looks like against a good pass rush and gift Brady another Super Bowl.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 11:06 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
he has over 1,000 playoff yards
How many did he get against Tampa in the SB? Oh that’s right Mahomes spent the night running for his life and couldn’t utilize Hill because he had absolutely no blocking up front. So Hill did Jack and shit.
[Reply]
Bump 11:23 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
How many did he get against Tampa in the SB? Oh that’s right Mahomes spent the night running for his life and couldn’t utilize Hill because he had absolutely no blocking up front. So Hill did Jack and shit.
if the starters were healthy it would have been different. It is what it is, you do gotta have good tackles.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:28 PM 03-28-2022
The problem is that he is an average LT. He allows a lot more pressures per snap than an elite LT. I’d take Kolton Miller and his deal in a heartbeat. We probably don’t have much choice, but we are going to end up paying him more than much better performing LT are getting.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:01 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'll play along for fun.

Trade Brown for a mid 2nd.

Move Thuney to LT like against the Bengals in the regular season. Allegretti at LG. Creed and Trey. And then draft a RT.

I don't think this is remotely realistic but, hey, we're spitballing, right?

If Thuney could play LT competently as he did in that game and not immediately demand LT money, I think this would be the obvious choice.
Ok, so we take a line that was probably top 5 last year by the end of the season, and trade away its LT. Then we take one of the best guards in the league and try to convert him into a LT. We do this because we feel good about making Nick Allegretti a starter. We then make RT, not LT, a draft priority. And we say this is "the obvious choice".
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:49 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Ok, so we take a line that was probably top 5 last year by the end of the season, and trade away its LT. Then we take one of the best guards in the league and try to convert him into a LT. We do this because we feel good about making Nick Allegretti a starter. We then make RT, not LT, a draft priority. And we say this is "the obvious choice".
No no. It's not "the obvious choice" to go this route. But contingent upon a guarantee that Thuney could play LT competently, we'd absolutely rather have someone on his contract - which was a lot for a guard but not much for a tackle - playing LT. That would be "the obvious choice" in terms of how to fix this situation if we were forced to do so, in my view.

Brown is good but not great and didn't fit our scheme that well last year. Certainly that may change if we shift to a more conventional offense that's ready to run the ball more, but the jury is out.

I'm under no illusion that he'll be the LT for the Chiefs for the next 5 years and that's fine. Veach made a major investment to get him, he's not exactly the guy we were hoping for, but he's close enough that this shouldn't warrant another investment to find THE guy.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 01:50 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
He's young but he ain't "great!"
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:01 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I voted 'no' because I think he's going to get a bit below this and I think he actually deserves even more below that.

He's definitely above average and young but I don't think he's shown that he's elite. Unfortunately we're in a position where we can't really start over at the position so he's going to get more than he probably should.
eric fisher is holding on line 1 :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:04 AM 03-29-2022
Trade that MF'er and draft a 1st rounder. He's no where near worth that! Hell, bring back Fisher for 10mil.
[Reply]
TEX 04:59 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Trade that MF'er and draft a 1st rounder. He's no where near worth that! Hell, bring back Fisher for 10mil.
This..All day long. Dude is a good LT not a great one. Fisher was actually a better all around LT.
[Reply]
TEX 05:04 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Didn’t workout so well in the Super Bowl in Tampa did it? Mahomes and Hill didn’t do much good without a line to block for them, even with Mahomes’ mobility.
I'm not sure if Brown had been the LT, that it would have made any difference. He can't handle speed rushers. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 343
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up