View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 343
1 23451151101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:18 PM 03-28-2022
Sounds like Veach read the writing on the wall and had to bite the bullet on Tyreek.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:18 PM 03-28-2022
Yo Htismaqe told ya
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:21 PM 03-28-2022
I voted 'no' because I think he's going to get a bit below this and I think he actually deserves even more below that.

He's definitely above average and young but I don't think he's shown that he's elite. Unfortunately we're in a position where we can't really start over at the position so he's going to get more than he probably should.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:24 PM 03-28-2022

People are tripping in the comments about the total value Tbh. At just $65m guaranteed it’d essentially be a 3-4 year deal with what I’d expect to be a very small cap hit in year 1.

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) March 28, 2022

[Reply]
PattyFlakes 08:26 PM 03-28-2022
He’s a young ascending player at a crucial position. I’d be fine with it. Gotta protect the franchise’s blind side.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:27 PM 03-28-2022
Is there a link to this story?

I say NO and really don't believe it unless it is some kind of contract that is pretty cheap in the first few years and easy to cut in the later years.

No LT is getting that kind of money currently and there is nothing like the WR Adams deal that completely explodes the market.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:30 PM 03-28-2022
Damn we are getting killed on that one.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:37 PM 03-28-2022
Yes, 26 year old stud LT's are very hard to find. We simply have to.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:39 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

I say NO and really don't believe it unless it is some kind of contract that is pretty cheap in the first few years and easy to cut in the later years.

No LT is getting that kind of money currently and there is nothing like the WR Adams deal that completely explodes the market.
Tweet 2 posts up.
[Reply]
notorious 08:52 PM 03-28-2022
I don't believe those numbers, but contracts have been insane for a while now.

It could be worse. We could have wasted picks and only had him for a year.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:53 PM 03-28-2022
Naysayers, what's your solution?

Let Brown go, after we traded a first round pick for him a year ago?

Trade a lot of our draft capital to move up in the draft for a LT?

Trade more picks for some other veteran LT?

Start a developmental prospect on Mahomes' blind side?

Or pay Orlando Brown the market rate for a 25 year old, top third LT?

The line was pretty good last year. PFF ranked them #5 in their final rankings for 2021. You want to upset all of that and package up a bunch of draft picks for a chance at someone who might eventually be a marginal improvement?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 PM 03-28-2022
He’s a slight above LT who was fine after adjusting. I’d pay it bc those players are not easy to find.

Only so many humans made that big and athletic
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

this same argument is made every year. No “x position” in football is worth that price. Then someone pays it and then the rest follow.

You and over 1/2 the Planet say no, okay tell me how we get someone as good or better? How much money does it cost? How many draft picks?

You think only WR salaries are escalating? Just wait, it’s going to be every position.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:56 PM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
People need to read this.

If you have played around with contract structures at ALL, 6 years makes a lot of sense.

If the deal is 6/145, what I think that REALLY equates to is a 4/85 or 5/100-ish deal that has a fluff, fake, never-gonna-be-paid-in-actuality huge number on year 6 that lets Orlando brag about his deal and say he's the top LT in the NFL... without him ever actually earning the AAV in a single year.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 343
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up