ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 54
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:26 PM 06-24-2022
This dude is notoriously hard on Star Wars fights, rightfully so, but he liked the fights in this.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:03 PM 06-24-2022
Yeah, the choreography in the last fight was fantastic. Not surprised though as both Ewan and Hayden seem to love doing it. There's a ton of footage of them just going to town with each other practicing.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:43 PM 06-24-2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:01 PM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Obi-Wan kicked Vader's ass.
It's bothersome that they diminish Vader when he goes up against a well established force user outside of Dooku it gets disappointing
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:14 PM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The character was not great. It nearly killed the show...there was nothing Reva brought to the table that one of the other Inquistors could not have done---Have the show start with the Grand Inquistor in the Jedi Archives, studying Kenobi's history....have him make the connection with Bail Organa and go from there.
you can't have a redemption arc for the grand inquisitor, nor can he confront vader

you ALSO can't have vader going to tatooine

reva is also a mirror image of anakin skywalker, but chooses a different path, which informs kenobi's character arc of him proving to himself that he's not a total failure

she wasn't the greatest supporting character ever, but she wasn't awful...she was an effective plot device, and her performance made sense given her character's motivations
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:20 PM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's bothersome that they diminish Vader when he goes up against a well established force user outside of Dooku it gets disappointing
why?

vader has always been a front-running bully beating up on weaker competition to make himself look good...hence all the choking of officers and flamboyant cape waving...oooh look at me, im so evil! fucking drama queen!

hell he let luke get a hit in on him in empire
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:38 PM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
why?

vader has always been a front-running bully beating up on weaker competition to make himself look good...hence all the choking of officers and flamboyant cape waving...oooh look at me, im so evil! fucking drama queen!

Obi-wan!!!!!

I wanted to see him OP against equal competition instead of looking for an inhaler bitching it up with his feelings.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06-24-2022, 06:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Raiderhater.
Hammock Parties 06:46 PM 06-24-2022
Obi-wan!!!!!

I wanted to see him OP against equal competition instead of looking for an inhaler bitching it up with his feelings.
you do realize, vader basically won two fights against kenobi...and the OT ended with Vader needing an inhaler and bitching it up...

you got that AND you got Vader being an absolute monster four times in this series...

you got EVERYTHING you could possibly want
[Reply]
listopencil 06:55 PM 06-24-2022
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
The character was not great. It nearly killed the show...there was nothing Reva brought to the table that one of the other Inquistors could not have done---Have the show start with the Grand Inquistor in the Jedi Archives, studying Kenobi's history....have him make the connection with Bail Organa and go from there.

Reva's whole motivation is the last episode was shit---I am going to avenge my youngling friends by killing a fucking child--are you kidding me?

It is pretty clear that Lucasfilm took a look at the characters in this story and realized that they were all already established, and that they had no "representation" in the show...so they scrambled around with rewrites and came up with Reva.

If Reva had died in Chapter 5 like she fucking should have (apparently getting sliced through by a lightsaber is just a fucking flesh wound now days)...then I might not be as critical of her story arc....but her reasonings and motivation in Chapter 6 make no sense, and honestly, I wanted Owen to nail her with his blaster like he does when Tusken Raiders come around.

Overall I liked the show, but Reva is right up there with Rose Ticco and those asshats in The Last Jedi--they bring nothing good into the Star Wars universe.

The way I took it was that she was in the process of transcending completely to the dark side during the season. All of her motivations were dark side stuff. In that moment if she had killed Luke then she would have done it and become a powerful villain. That last scene between Reva and Obi-Wan was good, it was well done. I only hated the bullshit editing of mixing her meaningless fight with the real one.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:03 PM 06-24-2022
you do realize, vader basically won two fights against kenobi...and the OT ended with Vader needing an inhaler and bitching it up...

you got that AND you got Vader being an absolute monster four times in this series...

you got EVERYTHING you could possibly want

It highlights that Obi-wan would've beaten him during ANH but chose to sacrifice himself(the sly grin).

After ROTS, the narrative gave me the impression that Vader exceeded Obi-wan during their duel in ANH and Kenobi decided to tapout because he held out just enough for Luke & Leia to escape.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:07 PM 06-24-2022
Damn!!!!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:10 PM 06-24-2022
It highlights that Obi-wan would've beaten him during ANH but chose to sacrifice himself(the sly grin).
Obi Wan sacrificed himself in ANH because it made Vader lose his hate boner (that and he knew there was no way he was getting off anyway).

Once he was only focusing on his son he went full beta.

And by the end of Jedi it comes full circle and he realizes how much he hates Palpatine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:05 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
They really should have put the Qui Gon scene before the Vader fight. Would have explained Obi Wan suddenly becoming powerful enough to beat Vader.

That wasn't necessary because Obi-Wan always beats Ani. They established that in RoTS and earlier on in the sparring match. Anakin is powerful, making him cocky and act foolishly. Obi-Wan knows him too well, which is why he always wins.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:08 AM 06-25-2022
I really liked the final showdown. There's just something about the glow of those sabers in the dark. This one wasn't as cool as the one in ESB or ROTJ but still good.

On that note, small nitpick, but I really love the glow of the green sabers as opposed to blue. If I was a Jedi I'd def have a green saber.

The conversation while Vader's helmet was cracked was great too. Loved the switching of the voice from Ani, to Vader, to something else.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:10 AM 06-25-2022
why?

vader has always been a front-running bully beating up on weaker competition to make himself look good...hence all the choking of officers and flamboyant cape waving...oooh look at me, im so evil! ****ing drama queen!

Tarkin basically bossing him around.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 54
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up