ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Jurassic World Dominion (2022)
Tribal Warfare 11:50 PM 11-27-2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:19 PM 06-20-2022
IMO, the best part was Sam Neill but Laura Dern needs to go back in formaldehyde.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:29 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
...Dinos that can't chase down a grandma in one scene, but are sprinting at 80MPH in another scene....like every Jurassic Park ever made...
Jurassic Park was on TV the other day and I turned it just in time to catch the "clever girl" scene and watched until the end.

I actually appreciated even more that the original didn't have much of this. The raptors had a little trouble chasing down the kids in the kitchen but I felt like it was juuuust believable enough with the deception (little girl's reflection fooled one) and then the little boy trapping the other in the freezer (with the slippery floor).
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 03:15 PM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This.

The dinos were ****ing bad ass. Better than the two prior movies. This movie felt more "monster movie" than the previous iterations.

Yeah, yeah, if you're an anal prude with a stick up your ass and can't just enjoy a monster movie then sure, there's plenty of things to pick on.

Yes, characters magically teleported places. Plot armor everywhere. Seemingly unkillable characters. Dinos that can't chase down a grandma in one scene, but are sprinting at 80MPH in another scene....like every Jurassic Park ever made, and a plot that really didn't make much sense.

But the action scenes were fun and exciting. The CGI/Dino-movements were again a step above previous iterations.

Surprisingly the dinosaurs were a lot more ferocious than in previous movies. There were a number of pretty cool scenes.

It's a mindless fun action/monster movie. Go enjoy it.
I agree with this. What’s weird to me is what people expected, as in there is basically no plot that could happen that would be great and not full of holes. The pitch meeting video touches on this. It wonders why they don’t delve into all the aspects of Dinos and humans living together and make fun of them for not exploring that. Well guess what, there is no plausible scenario we would just let T-Rex and Raptors run wild. Like a Trex would just be free to roam New York City causing millions in damages while killing hundreds. If there were really birds that could take down planes we wouldn’t sit idly by and let them randomly take them down. You can’t build a movie around that. Along those lines, they have already covered other plots in prior movies. The illegal Dino trade was in the last one. The genetically altered super Dino was in the one before that. Even stealing them to create another park is off the table. So is genetically engineered locust the best plot ever? No, but there aren’t a ton of other options. I just don’t understand where people thought this would go, and I went in just looking for some Dino action and some mindless entertainment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah but no one is turning .50 cals on feral cats.

We'd wipe them out.

That's what this SHOULD have been. Armies WIPING OUT herds of dinos.
We'd try to wipe them out as soon as possible. No other way to resolve this. Co-exist with creatures that see us as food?

If the army and bullets didn't work. we'd come up with a chemical/DNA solution. Your going to just allow creatures that will kill you and your children in suburbia to exist and not try to exterminator the threat? GTFO

The people bitching about the quality of a dinosaur movie? Really? What did you expect? It's dinosaurs wrecking shit. That's the movie.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 02:41 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah but no one is turning .50 cals on feral cats.

We'd wipe them out.

That's what this SHOULD have been. Armies WIPING OUT herds of dinos.
HISHE figured this out 3 years ago.

https://youtu.be/OiaXHny9KD0
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:59 PM 06-25-2022
Ok flick. Worst of the three World movies but even the worst is better than the prior 6.

My boys loved it so it’s all good

First 45 was BORING. Chase scene In Malta was good and the Apex of the film

All the good guys lived. Lame. I wanted Goldblum to tell a joke and have a raptor talon poke thru his Adam’s apple. Or maybe some flappy spit acid poison onto his face after a bad joke. Would’ve really tied the room together

They told us we have to learn to life together if we want to survive. A clear pro-immigration message to the normies that only I caught
[Reply]
Stryker 08:05 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
That's what I thought too. They lost sight of what made the original movies so good. It was cool on the big screen, but an otherwise completely meh and forgettable movie.
SWEET! Glad I did not see it! Last few have been the SUCK! Chris Pratt gonna "CHARM" the dinosaurs? Give me a fucking break! :-):-):-):-)

Let the JP universe die already!
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:28 PM 06-25-2022
Thank God after 30 merciful minutes our theater had technical difficulties and we were refunded. That movie sucked. Go see top gun instead.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:30 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Thank God after 30 merciful minutes our theater had technical difficulties and we were refunded. That movie sucked. Go see top gun instead.
THIS! All day!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:28 PM 07-03-2022
This movie was terrible
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:20 PM 09-05-2022
I made the mistake of watching this movie this past week. It was garbage from start to finish.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:03 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Ok flick. Worst of the three World movies but even the worst is better than the prior 6.

All the good guys lived. Lame. I wanted Goldblum to tell a joke and have a raptor talon poke thru his Adam’s apple. Or maybe some flappy spit acid poison onto his face after a bad joke. Would’ve really tied the room together

They told us we have to learn to life together if we want to survive. A clear pro-immigration message to the normies that only I caught
you're my kind of guy
[Reply]
BWillie 10:18 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I made the mistake of watching this movie this past week. It was garbage from start to finish.
I thought it was entertaining enough. Worth a watch IMO.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:48 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Yup. Doesn't matter if the immigrants are brutal and don't fit in. Accept it!

Just a terrible moral.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up