ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 352
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Al Czervik 09:41 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Welp, round of 32 exit incoming. This is not a tough team whatsoever.
All of this.......expect another massacre like the USC game last year in 2nd Rd.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 09:47 PM 03-01-2022
Self hasn’t done a very good job with this squad this season. I know the homers don’t wanna hear it but it’s true lol. The lineup combos are hilariously bad. You wanted to get more athletic but to only trot the same guys out there as last season essentially. Weak.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 10:23 PM 03-01-2022
I can not remember the last time I have been disappointed but this team is a major disappointment this year
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:28 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
This program has become stale.
Since the threat of NCAA sanctions started hanging over the team they haven’t landed top 10 players like they use to before.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:32 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Clemence was about the only one who gave a shit in that game and actually pushed back during his brief time. The others were willing to get rolled over from opening tip and showed very little effort or fight. Showed all over the embarrassing rebounding and second chance numbers.

Would love it if he started playing Clemence more (especially over Lightfoot who literally gives nothing at all on either end) but the ship has probably sailed on that this year.
when I was pushing for more playing time for Clemence earlier this year, you told me he wasn’t good enough? McCormack was the better option?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:44 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
when I was pushing for more playing time for Clemence earlier this year, you told me he wasn’t good enough? McCormack was the better option?
Yeah, that definitely never happened. If you're convinced it did, show your work. This is every post I've made referencing Clemence in this thread (with a few others expressing my distaste for McCormack).

Pre-season optimism on July 6, 2021:
Top 2 team now, I'd say. Only Zaga can compare.

Starting lineup might look something like this:

PG: Martin
SG: Yesufu
SF: Agbaji
PF: Wilson
C: McCormack

First off bench: Harris, Braun (hopefully he's not getting much more than 10-15 min a game on this roster now), Coleman Lands, Martin, Clemence

Others: Adams, Pettiford, Lightfoot (who may never play again)

Regarding Clemence being better than everyone thought he would be on November 10, 2021:
I suspect Clemence was better than anybody thought he would be based on his play last night.

Regarding Clemence potentially losing minutes on November 26, 2021:
It will almost certainly be Clemence sadly.
A post blasting McCormack from November 26, 2021 that remains true:
McCormack is the softest 6'10, 260 pound guy I've ever seen. Like can he grab a rebound at all? A loose ball?
Regarding Lightfoot starting over McCormack on January 3, 2022:

If that’s the alternative to whatever McCormack is doing these days, I probably wouldn’t even play a true 5 at all. Go small with Wilson at the 5 and run teams off the court.
Regarding this being the worst defensive team of the Self era, focusing particularly on the defensive failings of Martin and McCormack in the pick and roll on January 31, 2021:

They are significantly better offensively than last year, but their defense has gotten much, much worse. It's actually the worst defensive team in the Self era statistically right now. Can probably be explained a lot by the difference between Marcus Garrett (best perimeter defender in the country) and Remy Martin (plays no defense whatsoever).

Both Martin and McCormack can be easily exploited by any PNR offense any time they are on the floor.
Agreeing that Clemence should be playing over Lightfoot on February 19, 2022:
I would be playing Clemence over Lightfoot for sure, agreed.
On Clemence tonight:
Yeah, no effort from any of them except Clemence tonight. Just letting TCU do anything they want on court all game.

Have to win the last 2 to get a share of the B12 now. I would have said that was likely before tonight but this is a step in the wrong direction.
Clemence was about the only one who gave a shit in that game and actually pushed back during his brief time. The others were willing to get rolled over from opening tip and showed very little effort or fight. Showed all over the embarrassing rebounding and second chance numbers.

Would love it if he started playing Clemence more (especially over Lightfoot who literally gives nothing at all on either end) but the ship has probably sailed on that this year.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:59 PM 03-01-2022
Since the threat of NCAA sanctions started hanging over the team they haven’t landed top 10 players like they use to before.
KU made the F4 four years ago, were the best team in the NCAA in 2020, and will be the 1 or 2 seed in the tournament this year with something like 30 wins at the end of the year. If that's a down period for KU, we're definitely spoiled.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:04 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Self hasn’t done a very good job with this squad this season. I know the homers don’t wanna hear it but it’s true lol. The lineup combos are hilariously bad. You wanted to get more athletic but to only trot the same guys out there as last season essentially. Weak.
I'm not sure anything he would have done would have mattered all that much other than playing Clemence more tbh. The kid's shown flashes of being a very good player when he's been out there and he's not gotten a chance for reasons that are unclear. It's not like he was ever going to bench Ochai, Braun, or Wilson.

As far as the guard position (Harris), Remy has been injured most of the time and then a total disaster defensively at other times to the point that Self can't trust him at all out there and Yesefu is shooting 24% from three and looked lost for half the year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:19 AM 03-02-2022
Yeah, that definitely never happened. If you're convinced it did, show your work. This is every post I've made referencing Clemence in this thread (with a few others expressing my distaste for McCormack).

Pre-season optimism on July 6, 2021:

Regarding Clemence being better than everyone thought he would be on November 10, 2021:

Regarding Clemence potentially losing minutes on November 26, 2021:

A post blasting McCormack from November 26, 2021 that remains true:

Regarding Lightfoot starting over McCormack on January 3, 2022:

Regarding this being the worst defensive team of the Self era, focusing particularly on the defensive failings of Martin and McCormack in the pick and roll on January 31, 2021:

Agreeing that Clemence should be playing over Lightfoot on February 19, 2022:

On Clemence tonight:
obviously, not you. Mistaken identity. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:24 AM 03-02-2022
obviously, not you. Mistaken identity. :-)
No problem. My consistent thread with KU bigs this year has been playing Lightfoot not at all and Clemence more while also criticizing McCormack for his usual inconsistencies/flaws (although I still believe he has some value against other big-oriented teams).
[Reply]
threebag 12:44 AM 03-02-2022
Glad I didn’t get to watch the game today. Score looks like it sucked
[Reply]
BWillie 12:48 AM 03-02-2022
I cannot wait to get a real natural shooter in here (Gradey Dick) and some real athletes (Zuby & Rice) and length (Udeh Jr). We have all of that coming in next year. Need a transfer PG but everyone knows Harris is still going to get 30 mpg either way.

The sad part is we probably are on probation next year.
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:33 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I cannot wait to get a real natural shooter in here (Gradey Dick) and some real athletes (Zuby & Rice) and length (Udeh Jr). We have all of that coming in next year. Need a transfer PG but everyone knows Harris is still going to get 30 mpg either way.

There is zero chance we are on probation next year
[Reply]
sedated 03:39 PM 03-02-2022
The biggest problem with this team and why its so inconsistent (IMHO) is because we've tried to replace true guards with wings, mostly because we don't really have a competent alternative. The trio of Harris/Remy/Yesufu have been severely lacking (even if each is for a different reason).

Seems every game I end up envious of our opponent's lead guard, and wish we could trade any 2 of the above for them.

Reminds me of the years we'd have to rely on Thaarpe to run the show.
[Reply]
Ceej 03:42 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:

But who scores?
[Reply]
Page 119 of 352
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up