6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 03:05 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Hard to believe he played for 9 teams,i can only think of maybe 4 or 5 of them.Relievers do really bounce around i guess.The ''Mexicutioner'' definitely had a good career though.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:11 AM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Salvy needs more time at DH and 1st it makes sense to have another catcher that is more than just a backup.

Also there's alot of internal stuff thar Mondesi is going to end up in the OF even though they aren't publicly saying it.
Absolutely! Best case scenario for extending Salvy's useful career by several seasons as well as best case for Melendez. Catching is brutal, so having two plus players that can rotate between there and DH saves their legs for late in the year and for years to come. Great situation.

We've seen how having a year and a half off basically benefitted Salvy; he was strong and wrecking shit right to the end of the season. In the past, he would always fade in the second half. He just wears down.

I would absolutely look at Mondesi in the OF. It might well keep him healthier, and he's got the speed.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:06 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Absolutely! Best case scenario for extending Salvy's useful career by several seasons as well as best case for Melendez. Catching is brutal, so having two plus players that can rotate between there and DH saves their legs for late in the year and for years to come. Great situation.

We've seen how having a year and a half off basically benefitted Salvy; he was strong and wrecking shit right to the end of the season. In the past, he would always fade in the second half. He just wears down.

I would absolutely look at Mondesi in the OF. It might well keep him healthier, and he's got the speed.
Completely agree with the Perez thoughts. It will allow him to play longer and be a better hitter.

Not sure what to do with Carlos Santana and his $10,500,000 contract. I do think he is good for the club house and contributes at times, but it would help with the roster if we could move on from him.

On Adalberto Mondesi, I would like to see him at 2B. I think that would be easiest on his body. I also think the 2B position would be easiest for us to replace (Merrifield) if Mondesi's body falters. An infield of 3B Bobby Witt, SS Nicky Lopez, 2B Adalberto Mondesi, and 1B (Nick Pratto or M.J. Melendez or Carlos Santana or Hunter Dozier).

The outfield of LF Andrew Benintendi, CF Michael A. Taylor, RF (Whitt Merrifield or Hunter Dozier) with Kyle Isbel and Edward Olivares to fill in.

I would also like to move on from Hunter Dozier, but I fear we are stuck.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:41 PM 11-11-2021
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...-rankings.html

MLBTraderumors.com has their top 50 free agents with where they think they might end up. The KC Royals were linked to several pitchers.

48 Danny Duffy - One year $10MM

45 Ryan Tepera - Two year $12MM

40 Zack Greinke - One year $15 MM - Not linked to Royals but threw him in anyway.

39 Alex Cobb - Two years $16MM

29 Kenley Jansen - Two years $26MM

28 Kendall Graveman - Three years $27MM

24 Avisail Garcia (RF) - Three year $36MM

Sorry that is as high up in the 50 free agents that they have the Royals going.
[Reply]
tk13 02:45 PM 11-11-2021
Santana was a disappointment I liked that he plays hard. He's the type of hitter who's still grinding out 10-pitch ABs and drawing walks in the 9th inning of a game we're losing by 7. Kind of like James Shields, it's not a bad thing to have a veteran player like that around a bunch of young guys.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:51 PM 11-11-2021
Bring back Danny and Greinke; sign Avisail and Tepera.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:28 PM 11-11-2021
Nobody's posted the Art Stewart news? Philistines!

The Royals announce the passing of legendary scout and Hall of Famer Art Stewart.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they mourn the passing of this very special man who meant so much to them and to our Royals family. pic.twitter.com/7y9y2wzbWb

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) November 11, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 04:29 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Completely agree with the Perez thoughts. It will allow him to play longer and be a better hitter.

Not sure what to do with Carlos Santana and his $10,500,000 contract. I do think he is good for the club house and contributes at times, but it would help with the roster if we could move on from him.

On Adalberto Mondesi, I would like to see him at 2B. I think that would be easiest on his body. I also think the 2B position would be easiest for us to replace (Merrifield) if Mondesi's body falters. An infield of 3B Bobby Witt, SS Nicky Lopez, 2B Adalberto Mondesi, and 1B (Nick Pratto or M.J. Melendez or Carlos Santana or Hunter Dozier).

The outfield of LF Andrew Benintendi, CF Michael A. Taylor, RF (Whitt Merrifield or Hunter Dozier) with Kyle Isbel and Edward Olivares to fill in.

Merrifield won the damn fielding bible award, and this team is balls in the OF.

Isbel also needs everyday at bats.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:40 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Nobody's posted the Art Stewart news? Philistines!

A legend. RIP
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:55 PM 11-11-2021

2B is more demanding physically than RF and more physically dangerous than RF or even CF. Lot more quick start/stop, and the turn leaves a 2B really exposed.

I'd probably rock Mondesi in CF or RF, if he works out there. They brought back Taylor, so I think that means they're slotting him to RF.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:07 PM 11-11-2021
Witt jr at short and Mondo in the outfield to take advantage of their defensive abilities.
3rd base is a lot of standing around. maybe Dozier? Nikki at second and big Whit can move around
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:27 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Witt jr at short and Mondo in the outfield to take advantage of their defensive abilities.
3rd base is a lot of standing around. maybe Dozier? Nikki at second and big Whit can move around
Slotting Lopez at SS last year when Mondi went down gave Nicky his comfort back and he not only willed himself at the plate from the newfound confidence, he excelled even better in the field. Better that they even had him pegged to be out of college, and he graded very high defensively then.

Rest assured they are not moving him off of SS for him to lose that confidence. He was literally robbed of a Gold Glove this past season. Plus if the Royals viewed Witt Jr to be better defensively, they already would have made that comment by now
But they don't feel that way and as durable as Nicky was, they want that durability up the middle. Nicky has SS by default, it's his to lose by his play. The Royals will be as smooth on the infield this year, if not more as we were last year with Witt Jr on 3B.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:55 PM 11-11-2021
Lopez has earned a starting job for sure but Im not positive its at shortstop
its a good problem to have
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:52 PM 11-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
2B is more demanding physically than RF and more physically dangerous than RF or even CF. Lot more quick start/stop, and the turn leaves a 2B really exposed.

I'd probably rock Mondesi in CF or RF, if he works out there. They brought back Taylor, so I think that means they're slotting him to RF.
However we can keep Mondesi in the lineup, I like.

An outfield of LF Andrew Benintendi, CF Michael A. Taylor, and RF Adalberto Mondesi would be pretty interesting to watch. Mondesi could also play some CF when Taylor needed to sit. Benintendi sat 28 games last year and 46 games in 2020 with knee, elbow and rib injuries. Between Mondesi and Benintendi sitting, Kyle Isbel should get some playing time.

I also like the infield with Bobby Witt, Nicky Lopez, and Whit Merrifield.

I assume Hunter Dozier and Carlos Santana play until Nick Pratto and M.J. Melendez are ready. Carlos Santana stays at 1B/DH, Hunter Dozier 3B/1B, and Cam Gallagher is the backup catcher.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:45 AM 11-12-2021

I figured Perez would be a nice 1b option eventually; but there's no need to rush that in 2022. I'd just rotate he and Melendez at C/DH this season.

I don't like moving guys around to different positions so much; I think it messes with them mentally and they're not as effective. It's just an eye test/gut feeling thing. I think moving Merrifield around so much has not been ideal. I really think you need to put him at a spot and leave him there.

Mondesi in RF would give you elite speed and defense in the OF. Just sayin'. And you can't get much low impact physically for Mondesi than RF I wouldn't think.

The kids arriving is exciting. if the pitching pans out, we'll be dangerous.
[Reply]
Page 430 of 440
« First < 330380420426427428429430 431432433434 > Last »
Up