6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:34 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lynch seems to have figured it out..if only some others could follow suit.
It's why the reactions to him and Kowar have been way too premature. They always had electric stuff and it's clear Lynch's "regression" after being sent back down was also an overreaction by twitter people looking at the box score as its clear he solely working on mechanics (results were secondary).

But, I think the criticisms of Singer's stubbornness and regression and the questions about Bubic's viability in the rotation (may be better as a long reliever) are valid, as a point of comparison.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:16 PM 08-17-2021
AL Central color analyst Jack Morris in hot water.

Jack Morris apologies before Shohei Otani's at-bat in the ninth inning. pic.twitter.com/WdCjfyfSvX

— Spencer Wheelock (@SpencerWheelock) August 18, 2021

[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:21 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:

Eh,he just chanelled his inner Elmer Fudd .
[Reply]
srvy 12:11 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Because one guy hadn't pitched since 8/11 when he threw 12 pitches to 3 batters, and the other since 8/10 when he threw 9 pitches to 3 batters. They pitch one inning. They aren't "burned." They'll be available tomorrow and probably the next day if "needed."

If they were always saved for games where we're leading in the 7th, they would hardly ever pitch.
I was about to post something similar. Not to take Metheny's side as he is wearing thin on me. It's obvious some here though aren't paying attention and just looking for things to bitch about. Cool the heels a bit and just let things play out.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:14 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:

That was idiotic of Morris and he may get canned over it or over his total dude apology (I’m sorry if you got offended) but let’s just talk about how bad the actual impression was. My God that was awful. It barely counts as mocking an Asian person due to how blatantly old Midwestern white guy it was. If you’re gonna go down for something like that, at least make it worthwhile.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:39 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
That was idiotic of Morris and he may get canned over it or over his total dude apology (I’m sorry if you got offended) but let’s just talk about how bad the actual impression was. My God that was awful. It barely counts as mocking an Asian person due to how blatantly old Midwestern white guy it was. If you’re gonna go down for something like that, at least make it worthwhile.
Was he trying to imitate Elmer Fudd or an old Asian guy? I can’t even tell because he was so bad at it.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:45 AM 08-18-2021
Lynch appears to have figured out his earlier problems (7IP, 4 hits, 1 run), now if we could get Kowar to do the same. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:05 AM 08-18-2021
More encouraging news from the No. 3-ranked farm system:

Nick Loftin last 50 gm .291/.360/.490
last 20 gm .337/.392/.584 w 14 xbh

— Royals Academy (@ClintScoles) August 18, 2021

That's at high-A Quad Cities, BTW
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:41 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Was he trying to imitate Elmer Fudd or an old Asian guy? I can’t even tell because he was so bad at it.
He would be smart to hang his hat on a poor Elmer Fudd impression
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:45 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Lynch appears to have figured out his earlier problems (7IP, 4 hits, 1 run), now if we could get Kowar to do the same. :-)
Throw in Singer too.

Driving around over lunch yesterday I listened to an interview with him. Basically said when he went down on rehab, he threw his changeup a bunch and got a lot of groundballs / swing & misses. Said he became real comfortable with it throwing against AAA guys. Then said that he refuses to throw it up here because he's trying to be competitive and unless he has his best two pitches that night, he's not going to waste time throwing his third (changeup) pitch. What I took away from the interview is that he's a fucking moron and DM/Matheny are stupid for letting him get away with that mindset.

If he's comfortable in AAA, then let him pitch in Omaha the rest of the season so he can get real comfy with his changeup while riding busses everywhere. Everything I hear out of his mouth makes him sound like a 16 year old boy who thinks he has everything figured out.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:51 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:

If they can get Keller back along with Singer too. This pitching staff could be pretty good.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:30 AM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Throw in Singer too.

Driving around over lunch yesterday I listened to an interview with him. Basically said when he went down on rehab, he threw his changeup a bunch and got a lot of groundballs / swing & misses. Said he became real comfortable with it throwing against AAA guys. Then said that he refuses to throw it up here because he's trying to be competitive and unless he has his best two pitches that night, he's not going to waste time throwing his third (changeup) pitch. What I took away from the interview is that he's a fucking moron and DM/Matheny are stupid for letting him get away with that mindset.

If he's comfortable in AAA, then let him pitch in Omaha the rest of the season so he can get real comfy with his changeup while riding busses everywhere. Everything I hear out of his mouth makes him sound like a 16 year old boy who thinks he has everything figured out.

Yeah, that’s on brand for him.

He’s a very strong-willed/stubborn guy. Everyone else from that draft class is willing to tinker and improve (and has).
[Reply]
poolboy 04:06 PM 08-18-2021
Singer vs Greinke tonight....interesting matchup
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:29 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Singer vs Greinke tonight....interesting matchup
A future hall of famer vs a future hall of famer ‘in his own mind’
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:30 PM 08-18-2021
Best thing is for Singer to continue to get bombed and to realize his shit does in fact stink.
[Reply]
Page 330 of 440
« First < 230280320326327328329330 331332333334340380430 > Last »
Up