Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:53 PM 06-21-2022
That was really good. I hadn’t been to a theater in a while and really forgot how much better the sound is, especially since we don’t even have a sound bar. Really cool seeing the real footage in action with actors flying out of their seats and forces pulling on them in different directions as well.
[Reply]
btlook1 04:21 AM 06-22-2022
Saw this last night, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. Was good but not great!! kinda expected it to be better given the reviews!
[Reply]
BWillie 10:10 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by btlook1:
Saw this last night, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. Was good but not great!! kinda expected it to be better given the reviews!
You are the 1st person that was let down.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:51 AM 06-25-2022
Good movie. Felt parts of it was "I am Tom Cruise-look at me"
I did not need to have the TC promo and speech at the beginning of the movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:56 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by btlook1:
Pretty much sums up my feelings. Good but disappointing. Held back by a simplistic, contrived plot. Of the four movies I've actually seen in the theater in the past few months (Dune, Ghostbusters Afterlife and Batman being the others) this was the one I liked the least.

Still, it was enjoyable. The cast was likeable and the aerial footage was amazing.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:50 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Pretty much sums up my feelings. Good but disappointing. Held back by a simplistic, contrived plot. Of the four movies I've actually seen in the theater in the past few months (Dune, Ghostbusters Afterlife and Batman being the others) this was the one I liked the least.

Still, it was enjoyable. The cast was likeable and the aerial footage was amazing.
You really liked Ghostbusters Afterlife better?? Really?
[Reply]
Frazod 07:28 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
You really liked Ghostbusters Afterlife better?? Really?
Yep. A lot of it was expectations. For me, Ghostbusters exceeded my limited expectations. Top Gun didn't live up to my extreme expectations. Everybody raved about how great it was, and while it had great flying scenes, it wasn't a great movie. It was a good movie with a silly plot.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:34 PM 06-25-2022
Yep. A lot of it was expectations. For me, Ghostbusters exceeded my limited expectations. Top Gun didn't live up to my extreme expectations. Everybody raved about how great it was, and while it had great flying scenes, it wasn't a great movie. It was a good movie with a silly plot.
I understand.. I think Topgun kind of stayed true to the 80s style of movie and that's what I expected..
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:35 PM 06-25-2022
Writings on the wall, time for the eagerly anticipated Cocktail 2!
[Reply]
Frazod 08:01 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I understand.. I think Topgun kind of stayed true to the 80s style of movie and that's what I expected..
I would agree with that, except for me that was kind of a bummer.

To me it would have been much better had Maverick died saving Rooster's life. As it was, you have this "impossible" attack and everybody survives. That would be like all the rebels surviving the Death Star attack. Well actually, this WAS all the rebels surviving the Death Star attack, since that whole sequence blatantly ripped off Star Wars, at least until they went full retard with both getting shot down/surviving/escaping in the old tomcat.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this was basically Avatar with jets. While it wasn't nearly as bad/annoying/insulting as Avatar was, any comparison to Avatar outside of special effects is not a good thing. That's how lame and predictable the story was.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:03 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Writings on the wall, time for the eagerly anticipated Cocktail 2!
At least Elizabeth Shue is still fairly hot!
[Reply]
Bowser 08:50 PM 06-25-2022
Fact check: true

[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 09:37 AM 06-26-2022
No doubt, and that movie is an 80’s guilty pleasure for me.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:31 PM 06-26-2022
Adventures in Babysitting. I still watch it.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:36 PM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
No doubt, and that movie is an 80’s guilty pleasure for me.
I haven't watched it in years, but it kind of reminds me of Roadhouse. I somehow doubt that there are great high level brotherhoods of bouncers and bartenders. :-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up