ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>The Umbrella Academy Netflix
Sure-Oz 10:58 AM 02-18-2019
https://youtu.be/0DAmWHxeoKw

Did anyone watch this? I binged it over the weekend and it was pretty good. Reminds me of watchmen kindve and X-Men mixed.

Pretty close adaptation of the crazy comics.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 08-15-2020
Just finished season 2. It’s an okay show. It’s watchable, uh aside from Ellen Page . Netflix should try getting new upcoming actresses and not boring ones with little talent or range.

To me Klaus is the best character in the show. He’s funny as hell and has personality as a character, which is better than Diego or Luther (Tom Hopper is a good actor IMO). 5 is also excellent as a character, but the actor who plays him isn’t as good as the one who plays Klaus.

It’s starting to get weird though, especially with Reggie

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 03:30 PM 08-17-2020
Just finished season one. 8 out of 10. Not too bad. First season is predictable (somewhat) but they seem like they can go alot of directions in S2 and beyond due to the time travel element.

Luther is just a stupid character. You know the Clark Kent good ole boy routine. Yawn.
Diego character is just constant eye rolling for me.
I warmed up to Klaus once towards the end of S1.
I actually thought Vanya's character was well done (most of you hated her)
Five is great, one of the best parts about the show.

Pretty weak acting in this show though, except for FIVE and the black hollywood girl. Nonetheless I find shows with people with powers who aren't full fledged superheros interesting.

Can't wait for S2.

Oh yeah, Kill off Mary J Blige and make Hazel a bigger part of the show. Hopefully he becomes a quasi good guy.
[Reply]
penchief 07:51 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just finished season one. 8 out of 10. Not too bad. First season is predictable (somewhat) but they seem like they can go alot of directions in S2 and beyond due to the time travel element.

Luther is just a stupid character. You know the Clark Kent good ole boy routine. Yawn.
Diego character is just constant eye rolling for me.
I warmed up to Klaus once towards the end of S1.
I actually thought Vanya's character was well done (most of you hated her)
Five is great, one of the best parts about the show.

Pretty weak acting in this show though, except for FIVE and the black hollywood girl. Nonetheless I find shows with people with powers who aren't full fledged superheros interesting.

Can't wait for S2.

Oh yeah, Kill off Mary J Blige and make Hazel a bigger part of the show. Hopefully he becomes a quasi good guy.
I agree with season one Luther. Although his character doesn’t really change in season two, he’s a lot more likable and not so much a drag. Behind Ellen Page, he was my least favorite but he redeemed himself in season two and became one of my favorites along with Klaus and Five.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:53 PM 08-18-2020
You guys said you liked S2 better than S1? S2 E1 and E2 so far have been pretty disappointing. It would have been much interesting if
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:36 PM 08-19-2020
You guys said you liked S2 better than S1? S2 E1 and E2 so far have been pretty disappointing. It would have been much interesting if
Spoiler!
Stick it out. Pays off later.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:48 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Stick it out. Pays off later.
Yep Netflix expects you to binge 2-3 hours at a time so by the 4th episode it'll get interesting or be shitty throughout
[Reply]
Chargem 10:35 AM 08-20-2020
Spoiler!
I agree with you, based on how S1 ended I was expecting the same as your spoiler and was surprised when that didn't happen. I guess for actor reasons that is not do-able though?

Overall I liked UA. I think the first episode of S1 is very good, put a lot of mystery and intrigue out there but then didn't really deliver on the next few episodes, before picking up again towards the end - they just got too bogged down in the characters back story and didn't progress the "current day" plot enough for episodes maybe 2-5 ish.

The actual S1 ending was disappointing, as I agree the "twist" was very predictable and nothing was resolved for the season finale so it left me a little disappointed. The actual run up to the finale over the last few episodes was enjoyable though.

Agree with most that S2 was better, pacing was better as they didn't have to spend too long on backstory for the characters. I like how quirky it was, the styling and the humour.

I agree there's nothing original there but that doesn't bother me if its done well, it's pretty rare that something truly original comes along and impresses me these days.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yep Netflix expects you to binge 2-3 hours at a time so by the 4th episode it'll get interesting or be shitty throughout
I'm on episode 5 and I think it's getting worse.

Then again, I probably gave them too much credit in episode 1 for using 'Picture Book' in the soundtrack...
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:05 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm on episode 5 and I think it's getting worse.

Then again, I probably gave them too much credit in episode 1 for using 'Picture Book' in the soundtrack...
I just finished episode 4 and so far I’m not a huge fan. I actually liked the first season, minus Page.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 AM 08-28-2020
Finished season 2.

I just don’t know what to think. I wanted it to be better but it.....just wasn’t. Shit man.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Finished season 2.

I just don’t know what to think. I wanted it to be better but it.....just wasn’t. Shit man.
I think this series would have been far more entertaining had it debuted in 2007 instead of 2019 because it just feels stale, old and unsatisfying in an age where Marvel (and to a lesser extent, DC) films rule the entertainment world.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:59 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think this series would have been far more entertaining had it debuted in 2007 instead of 2019 because it just feels stale, old and unsatisfying in an age where Marvel (and to a lesser extent, DC) films rule the entertainment world.
It just fell flat.....and I liked most of Season 1 even if you could see what was going to happen a mile away.

Season 2 just tried to do the same bullshit. They didn’t further anyone’s story the entire season.

The Handler was just annoying. Lila was just annoying until the end and even then....her shit was just a WTF moment.

Luther didn’t do shit.
Allison didn’t do shit.
Diego got more annoying.
Klaus, Ben and Five were good in the first season but were meh in the second.
Vanya fucking sucks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Luther didn’t do shit.
Allison didn’t do shit.
Diego got more annoying.
Klaus, Ben and Five were good in the first season but were meh in the second.
Vanya fucking sucks.
Yep and it's just a complete waste of acting talent.

Even the greatest actors in the world can't do anything if the story and script are garbage, so expecting these actors to somehow make the source material better is impossible.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:59 PM 06-23-2022
So tried giving this piece of shit a shot with the new season. Big storyline is Ellen Paige’s character changing from Vanya to Viktor and accepting her bc she transitioned in real life. I made it to the beginning of episode 2.

JFC
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 02:47 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So tried giving this piece of shit a shot with the new season. Big storyline is Ellen Paige’s character changing from Vanya to Viktor and accepting her bc she transitioned in real life. I made it to the beginning of episode 2.

JFC
Yeah I was actually going to pick it back up when I saw that a new season was coming out. Then I saw a review & the title of the article indicated Ellen/Elliott Page's transition was addressed in the show. At that point I remembered that Page was even in the show & somehow it just turned me off to even giving it a chance.

I don't care if Page wants to be a boy or a girl, but if you sign up to play a female charcter, play a female character. If you can't stand playing a female character then just step down from the part.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up