ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 551 of 2683
« First < 51451501541547548549550551 55255355455556160165110511551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:36 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'm still holding out hope that we can trade Smith to the Browns for their 2nd round pick.
If I'm Dorsey, I probably do it. Any QB they draft is going to be far from a sure thing and Alex is the perfect bridge guy who can bring them some respectability in the meantime. They have plenty of cap room, that $20M is nothing for them.

Rosen is being mocked to them at #1, but I've read stuff that makes him sound like the real life Bo Callahan. Wouldn't put all my eggs into that basket or Darnold.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:38 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If I'm Dorsey, I probably do it.
And be canned twice in the same year
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:43 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
And be canned twice in the same year
Dude, Alex Smith would be the best QB the Browns have had in.... I don't even know how long. Too damn long.

Trade for him and draft one. That sets them up well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:58 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If I'm Dorsey, I probably do it. Any QB they draft is going to be far from a sure thing and Alex is the perfect bridge guy who can bring them some respectability in the meantime. They have plenty of cap room, that $20M is nothing for them.

Rosen is being mocked to them at #1, but I've read stuff that makes him sound like the real life Bo Callahan. Wouldn't put all my eggs into that basket or Darnold.
Looking at this list of their QBs from 99 forward, you'd have to go back at least to the mid 90s and Testaverde, or even the 80s with Kosar to find anyone as good as Smith

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...99-worst-first

Smith would absolutely be worth their #2, and as you say be the perfect bridge guy for their QBOTF

Cleveland would likely be the first fanbase to truly embrace Smith
[Reply]
RunKC 12:59 PM 12-20-2017
I'm still holding out hope that we can trade Smith to the Browns for their 2nd round pick.
I think the odds of Buffalo trading for him have gone up. They clearly don’t want Tyrod Taylor and they won’t be in a position to draft a top QB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:03 PM 12-20-2017
The Browns would be wise to heavily consider giving us just ONE of those three 2nd round picks they have. I mean, what are they going to turn that 33rd or 37th pick into? Another Jabrill Peppers level player? I just have to believe that getting a QB like Alex Smith for a year or possibly more has more value than that pick in the long run. That franchise has absolutely no idea how to win right now and no semblance of a winning culture.

They have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, so they have room to part with a pick here or there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:05 PM 12-20-2017
The Browns have the resources to trade for Smith and still bring more talent onto that roster.

Two 1st round picks
Three 2nd round picks
One 3rd round pick
Two 4th round picks
Two 5th round picks
Two 6th round picks
One 7th round pick

I would easily trade Smith for a 2nd and a 4th.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:07 PM 12-20-2017
Say they trade a 2nd round pick for Smith. They still have 5 picks in the first two days AND they get a QB that can start next year and be competent.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:07 PM 12-20-2017
The Browns have the resources to trade for Smith and still bring more talent onto that roster.

Two 1st round picks
Three 2nd round picks
One 3rd round pick
Two 4th round picks
Two 5th round picks
Two 6th round picks
One 7th round pick

I would easily trade Smith for a 2nd and a 4th.
DAMN thats an embarrassment of riches, Dorsey would be a fool not pick up a steadying influence like Smith
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:09 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
DAMN thats an embarrassment of riches, Dorsey would be a fool not pick up a steadying influence like Smith
He's going to end up with two top 5 picks in the 1st round.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:37 PM 12-20-2017
The thing is, Smith is good enough to be a starter for at least two or three more years. If he goes to Cleveland, the plan would likely be that he starts for a year before being replaced by the QB drafted in this upcoming draft.

Do you really want to give a 2nd round pick for a QB you would use just for one year? I don't think so, unless you have in mind to possibly trade him after that one year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:40 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
The thing is, Smith is good enough to be a starter for at least two or three more years. If he goes to Cleveland, the plan would likely be that he starts for a year before being replaced by the QB drafted in this upcoming draft.

Do you really want to give a 2nd round pick for a QB you would use just for one year? I don't think so, unless you have in mind to possibly trade him after that one year.
Minnesota gave a first for a quarterback who I doubt was even considered their long term answer, so why wouldn't a team give a 2nd?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 12-20-2017
Idk if Alex would take that deal to go to Cleveland for just 1 year. He could retire if he doesn’t want to do that.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:41 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, the 2018 draft is going to be the least exciting draft in a long time for me.

Getting another day 2 pick for Alex would surely help, but I’m already usually watching prospects by now (especially after the losing streak).

It was all worth it for the golden boy though :-)
This will be the first draft of Mahomes' era. I am excited to see what this team will give him, offense or defense, the latter one being more likely, to start his career with a bang. You can find good and immediate impact players in the 2nd and 3rd round.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:42 PM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

Its also possible Dorsey isnt high on anyone coming out this year, in which case Smith would be a two year answer at the minimum
[Reply]
Page 551 of 2683
« First < 51451501541547548549550551 55255355455556160165110511551 > Last »
Up