« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:57 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
The win over Notre Dame equals wins over Baylor (who lost to a putrid TCU squad) and a fraudulent Oklahoma.

The Big 12 is weak sauce.
Michigan beat a 5-7 Rutgers team by 7 points and won by 3 at a 3-9 Nebraska.

What's your point?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:00 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Michigan beat a 5-7 Rutgers team by 7 points and won by 3 at a 3-9 Nebraska.

What's your point?
Point is, only Cincy's weaker performances are mentioned by the show and people while they gloss over crappy games by P5 teams.

I would put Cincy at #2. Michigan has one good win, a loss, and those bad performances against Rutgers and Cornballers.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:02 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If Alabama gets in with two losses then the system is more broken than it already appears to be. I do think UGA is in regardless. Cincinnati is the one team that could still miss out. If OSU beats Baylor, they could leapfrog Cincinnati.
I think it matters what happens. If Alabama loses a close game and Oklahoma State loses, IMO Alabama should still get in over Notre Dame, who's biggest win came in 3rd in their division.

If Alabama gets blown out by Georgia and everyone else wins, I think Oklahoma State should get in over Alabama... not that their resume is stellar, but they will have a couple of top 10 wins under their belt.

I know there's the whole 'you can only play who is on your schedule' angle, but at this point ask yourself who can beat Georgia? If Alabama plays them really close in a loss, the answer is yes, they could beat Georgia..... but, what about the others?

In short, I think Alabama can still prove something this weekend, even in a loss... and 2 losses in the SEC will always be a bit overlooked compared to 1 loss in another conference (or even none).
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:02 PM 11-30-2021
The one thing everyone can agree on is the playoff should be expanded to 8 right?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:03 PM 11-30-2021
Point is, only Cincy's weaker performances are mentioned by the show and people while they gloss over crappy games by P5 teams.

I would put Cincy at #2. Michigan has one good win, a loss, and those bad performances against Rutgers and Cornballers.
I can buy putting Cincy at 2 and think they're a PO team, but I think it's shortsighted to dismiss how good Oklahoma St. is.

And Oklahoma St.'s resume is as good, if not better, than Alabama's right now, barring Saturday.

I think Michigan's legit, but only has 1, maybe 2, good wins this season. Beating Iowa would help.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:03 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Agree with you. Just saying what I think will happen.

Hopefully Georgia takes care of business against Bama (convincingly) and assuming the other 3 win, I hope that the four that deserve to be there (Georgia, Michigan, Cincy and OK St.) ultimately end up there. But knowing the weirdness that is college football and championship week, I fully expect one of those three to lose unexpectedly and we’ll probably end up with someone else in there (either Bama or some unexpected ‘x’ team).

Would be nice to have a playoff for once without Ohio St., Clemson or Bama. Some new blood in there is good for the college game.
Couldn't agree more. Would love to see those 4. Would make for a great playoff.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:09 PM 11-30-2021
Michigan may have only one good win, buts it probably the most impressive one of the season so far. To me, their win over Ohio State is much more impressive than Cincy’s win over ND. Regardless of current rankings, if you put ND and Ohio St. on a neutral field right now, it would be a bloodbath for ND. The talent disparity between the two teams is huge.

I have no problem with Cincy being in the Top 4, but Michigan deserves to be ranked above them due to their win over Ohio State. And not just the win itself, but the way they won. It was damn impressive. That said, Michigan has a history of choking in big games, so it wouldn’t really shock me if they lost to Iowa in the Big10 Title game and ended up getting knocked out of the playoff. But you gotta give them their props so far. They deserve to be right where they are.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:09 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Brian Kelly was maybe able to get away with being a jackass at Notre Lame but that shit will not fly at LSU.

At Notre Lame he could recruit nationally and didn't necessarily have to forge close relationships with local high schools in a specific geographic area.

At LSU, it is expected that he'll be able to lock down the best recruits in the state of Louisiana and also be a regular contender for the top recruits in East Texas/Houston and Mississippi.

That will require building close relationships with high school coaches/programs in those areas... a potential struggle with his not so award winning personality/disposition.
Absolutely this! I am an alum and a die hard Tigers fan! This is an AWESOME signing! Cannot wait to see his coaching staff - SEC just got more competition!
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:12 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Michigan may have only one good win, buts it probably the most impressive one of the season so far. To me, their win over Ohio State is much more impressive than Cincy’s win over ND. Regardless of current rankings, if you put ND and Ohio St. on a neutral field right now, it would be a bloodbath for ND. The talent disparity between the two teams is huge.

I have no problem with Cincy being in the Top 4, but Michigan deserves to be ranked above them due to their win over Ohio State. And not just the win itself, but the way they won. It was damn impressive. That said, Michigan has a history of choking in big games, so it wouldn’t really shock me if they lost to Iowa in the Big10 Title game and ended up getting knocked out of the playoff. But you gotta give them their props so far. They deserve to be right where they are.
The best win of the season is Oregon's at Ohio St. Hands down. Not even a question.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:15 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think it matters what happens. If Alabama loses a close game and Oklahoma State loses, IMO Alabama should still get in over Notre Dame, who's biggest win came in 3rd in their division.

If Alabama gets blown out by Georgia and everyone else wins, I think Oklahoma State should get in over Alabama... not that their resume is stellar, but they will have a couple of top 10 wins under their belt.

I know there's the whole 'you can only play who is on your schedule' angle, but at this point ask yourself who can beat Georgia? If Alabama plays them really close in a loss, the answer is yes, they could beat Georgia..... but, what about the others?

In short, I think Alabama can still prove something this weekend, even in a loss... and 2 losses in the SEC will always be a bit overlooked compared to 1 loss in another conference (or even none).
Assuming Alabama loses a close game and Cincinnati and OSU wins, who gets bumped?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 PM 11-30-2021

You're probably vastly underestimating how bad some of the teams are on Cincinnati's schedule compared to even the bad Big 12 teams... I mean, Texas Tech, who lost to Texas 70-35 still beat Houston. And Texas Tech is still rated top 70 of all teams.

Hell, Kansas is 139 and Cincinnati played 3 teams that are worse.

On average, the crappy Big 12 teams are far better than who Cincinnati played this season.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:16 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
The best win of the season is Oregon's at Ohio St. Hands down. Not even a question.
Sorry, should clarify my statement further.

I meant best win of any team that is currently in the Top 5 and has a realistic shot at getting in the playoff.

I would agree that on its own merit, the win by Oregon at Ohio St. is more impressive overall.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:17 PM 11-30-2021
The win over Notre Dame equals wins over Baylor (who lost to a putrid TCU squad) and a fraudulent Oklahoma.

The Big 12 is weak sauce.
If OSU beats Baylot (again) after beaing OU they absolutely deserve a shot.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:19 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Assuming Alabama loses a close game and Cincinnati and OSU wins, who gets bumped?
Who should get bumped? Neither.

Who does get bumped? Likely Cincy.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:19 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You're probably vastly underestimating how bad some of the teams are on Cincinnati's schedule compared to even the bad Big 12 teams... I mean, Texas Tech, who lost to Texas 70-35 still beat Houston. And Texas Tech is still rated top 70 of all teams.

Hell, Kansas is 139 and Cincinnati played 3 teams that are worse.

On average, the crappy Big 12 teams are far better than who Cincinnati played this season.
We can't do the transitive property when comparing teams, which is why the best thing we can do is the eye test and head to head.

Look at Mississippi State. They won at Texas A&M, the same place where Alabama lost. But lost at Memphis and was smoked by Alabama in Starkville. Memphis is a bad football team.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 174
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142 > Last »
Up