ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 61
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:57 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah Dad didnt doctor them up he would just set out a jar of Spanish Garden.
that was a good brand - they had a physical restaurant, somewhere inside KC - also - we still get their Taco sauce when we go back to KC.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:15 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
to me - it's when they replace any dairy product - with oils. It's happened, I've seen it!

I have mentioned this before on CP - I used to almost ALWAYS order cheddar on my burgers, when given the choice. Fairly recently I've shifted to American for burgers. Just sort of seems to work. I'm a little embarrassed admitting it - but I love McDonalds american cheese. ha
I was convinced 5 Guys had some special cheese it tastes so good, but I looked behind the counter and it's just Kraft american.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:18 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I was convinced 5 Guys had some special cheese it tastes so good, but I looked behind the counter and it's just Kraft american.
Which isn't so bad for a simple burger.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:38 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:

When 5 guys first opened up in Olathe, we lived down the street so, obviously, we had to be one of the first in the door when they opened up. Pretty good burgers but messy as hell...right up my alley.

Still drop in there about once a month....great fries.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:57 PM 03-19-2018
that was a good brand - they had a physical restaurant, somewhere inside KC - also - we still get their Taco sauce when we go back to KC.
KC KS

They taught my mom how to make enchiladas and pork tamale fillings, they were the best. She would cook them up by the hundreds when we had parties, everyone wanted the recipe. Mom had promised Luis and Esther never to tell, I didn't get the recipe when she passed.

I was really young when my mother hauled me down there. They have since moved (LOL) in the late 60's, from what I think was an old grocery store. I have been to the newer building, see below, but it was much more like a restaurant up front. than the old place. I think they stopped serving about 1970. The restaurant is now offices.

I found the original location once but since the late 60's they have kept adding on at 23rd and Metropolitan.

Luis died in the late 70's and Esther died at 102 a couple of years ago. As I recall her daughter's family and investors bought Esther out in the 80's and she and her sons went on to make sauces again under the Silva's brand in Westwood. The sauce is good, heard horror stories about the chips. I am guessing the son's just used her recipes and her money.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/23...!4d-94.6554486

https://www.google.com/maps/place/26...!4d-94.6595322
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:24 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
KC KS

They taught my mom how to make enchiladas and pork tamale fillings, they were the best. She would cook them up by the hundreds when we had parties, everyone wanted the recipe. Mom had promised Luis and Esther never to tell, I didn't get the recipe when she passed.

I was really young when my mother hauled me down there. They have since moved (LOL) in the late 60's, from what I think was an old grocery store. I have been to the newer building, see below, but it was much more like a restaurant up front. than the old place. I think they stopped serving about 1970. The restaurant is now offices.

I found the original location once but since the late 60's they have kept adding on at 23rd and Metropolitan.

Luis died in the late 70's and Esther died at 102 a couple of years ago. As I recall her daughter's family and investors bought Esther out in the 80's and she and her sons went on to make sauces again under the Silva's brand in Westwood. The sauce is good, heard horror stories about the chips. I am guessing the son's just used her recipes and her money.

They look Italian.
[Reply]
Fish 04:46 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
KC KS

I know one of the people in that photo.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:47 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
I know one of the people in that photo.
ysn
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:55 PM 03-19-2018
They look Italian.
Zamora, Michoacān, Mexico between Mexico City and the Pacific Ocean
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:09 PM 03-19-2018
:-)
Come at me bro! It pains me that we don't see eye to eye on this subject.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:21 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Come at me bro! It pains me that we don't see eye to eye on this subject.
You can get a hell of a lot of breakfast food at Hardees for $3.99!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:53 PM 03-19-2018
You can get a hell of a lot of breakfast food at Hardees for $3.99!
That sausage gravy is solid...
[Reply]
bdj23 08:04 PM 03-19-2018
I heard a Hardees commercial on 610 the other day. They were advertising the Frisco breakfast sandwich. They still make that thing? I used to love that for breakfast when i was a little kid.
[Reply]
banecat 08:57 PM 03-19-2018
I need to get on in there and try those sliders before they discontinue them
[Reply]
threebag 09:10 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That sausage gravy is solid...
That Pork Chop and Gravy Biscuit though
[Reply]
Page 50 of 61
« First < 404647484950 5152535460 > Last »
Up