ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 167
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:28 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sutton is coming off a seriously injury, Jeudy hasn’t proven much, and neither has Fant.

Much of the hype in regards to the Broncos roster is based on projection. Many of these guys, in particular on offense, have not proven themselves.
Well, duh. They've got young core players on offense. Sutton is certified, though. He's proven to be really good. Fant is also one of the better TEs in the league. Jeudy is really the only unproven, but his potential is great.

With Rodgers at the helm, I think these guys would be a lot more likely to realize their potential.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:31 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They have plenty of guys with potential, but I think they're a long way from actually having a cast that can make noise in the playoffs. I mean, just compare them to their own Super Bowl teams:

Manning > Rodgers
Sanders > Sutton
Thomas > Jeudy
2015 OL >>> 2021 OL
2015 Miller > 2021 Miller
Ware > Chubb
Talib > Fuller
Harris > Surtain

I'll give you Fant over Daniels, but I just don't see many other spots on the field that I'd give the 2021 team an edge over their 2015 squad.
Well the big difference in that 2015 squad and this one would actually be the QB. 2021 Rodgers would literally shit on 2015 Manning, who was legitimately one of the worst starting QBs in the league that season.

Otherwise I'd agree. I'm not saying they're an amazing team or anything, but adding an MVP QB to nearly any middling team will result in them becoming instant Super Bowl contenders.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:33 PM 07-27-2021
They have plenty of guys with potential, but I think they're a long way from actually having a cast that can make noise in the playoffs. I mean, just compare them to their own Super Bowl teams:

Manning > Rodgers
Sanders > Sutton
Thomas > Jeudy
2015 OL >>> 2021 OL
2015 Miller > 2021 Miller
Ware > Chubb
Talib > Fuller
Harris > Surtain

I'll give you Fant over Daniels, but I just don't see many other spots on the field that I'd give the 2021 team an edge over their 2015 squad.
If they got Rodgers then who in the AFC outside of us would be better than them?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:33 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah he not a FA, except it’s basically the same thing as being a FA bc he will get to decide where he goes, which is what he wants.

:-) Schefter has been trying to save the narrative that he created. The fact of the matter is the Packers still hold his rights through the 2022 season and Rodgers won't have shit to do if they decide to keep him.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:34 PM 07-27-2021
Jeudy is going to be a beast.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:37 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Schefter has been trying to save the narrative that he created. The fact of the matter is the Packers still hold his rights through the 2022 season and Rodgers won't have shit to do if they decide to keep him.
And the Packers aren’t going to just allow him to choose where he wants to go. They’ll consider it, but they are going to look for the best offer they can get.

If the WFT or the Dolphins are offering more than the Broncos or wherever Rodgers prefers to go, the Packers aren’t going to take less. There’s absolutely no logical reason they would do that.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:39 PM 07-27-2021
If they got Rodgers then who in the AFC outside of us would be better than them?
Ravens and Bills easily. Maybe the Browns and Chargers.

I think you guys are overlooking the fact that the Broncos OL is one of the absolute worst in the league. Rodgers would be running for his life all season like Mahomes was in the Super Bowl. And he's 37.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:41 PM 07-27-2021
PFF ranks the Broncos OL as 25th, FWIW.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:42 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
PFF ranks the Broncos OL as 25th, FWIW.
Yummy!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 07-27-2021
List of Broncos key 2022 free agents:

Von Miller
Courtland Sutton
Kyle Fuller
Bruce Callahan
Kareem Jackson
Melvin Gordon
Tim Patrick
Alexander Johnson

That team might look a lot different after this year, especially if they have another disappointing season.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:43 PM 07-27-2021
And the Packers aren’t going to just allow him to choose where he wants to go. They’ll consider it, but they are going to look for the best offer they can get.

If the WFT or the Dolphins are offering more than the Broncos or wherever Rodgers prefers to go, the Packers aren’t going to take less. There’s absolutely no logical reason they would do that.
Packers will choose the Broncos in that scenario bc they will absolutely have a much higher draft pick to offer.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 07-27-2021
Ravens and Bills easily. Maybe the Browns and Chargers.

I think you guys are overlooking the fact that the Broncos OL is one of the absolute worst in the league. Rodgers would be running for his life all season like Mahomes was in the Super Bowl. And he's 37.
Rodgers has willed a poor Packers team to the championship game over and over and over again.

Lamar Jackson isn’t beating him. And what I’ve seen from Josh Allen? Yeah he won’t either
[Reply]
staylor26 01:46 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well, duh. They've got young core players on offense. Sutton is certified, though. He's proven to be really good. Fant is also one of the better TEs in the league. Jeudy is really the only unproven, but his potential is great.

With Rodgers at the helm, I think these guys would be a lot more likely to realize their potential.
Fant is considered “one of the better TEs in the league” because of projection and the fact that there aren’t many proven studs outside of the top 5 or so. He’s not a proven stud by any means.

Sutton is proven, but coming off a serious injury, he has to prove that he can get back on track. He only has 1 great year, so there’s no telling how he bounces back. He’s also a free agent after this year.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:47 PM 07-27-2021

This some what ignores that if he is forcing his way out of Green Bay and will have essentially a 1 year deal after this season. So any team that he does not want to go to is not going to make a very high offer. I mean your not giving up a package of multiple 1's for 1 year. The only way you get top dollar for Rogers is if he is happy going to the new team and willing to sign a 2-3 year extension after the trade.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 07-27-2021
Packers will choose the Broncos in that scenario bc they will absolutely have a much higher draft pick to offer.
Nice crystal ball you have there.

1. The Dolphins have multiple 1st round picks. They can still offer more than the Broncos.

2. Washington is very similar to the Broncos. No telling how this season goes for them.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 167
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Up