ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3832 of 3903
« First < 2832333237323782382238283829383038313832 383338343835383638423882 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:15 PM 12-20-2021
That was always the endgame

We weren’t ever gonna be able to keep everyone from getting sick. Keep it mild and out of the hospital from a societal standpoint and you’ve reduced it to a level we deal with daily.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 08:37 PM 12-20-2021
I got it, I was at the Chiefs game at Sofi too. I'm thinking a lot of people in LA are gonna get it from that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:35 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
That was always the endgame

We weren’t ever gonna be able to keep everyone from getting sick. Keep it mild and out of the hospital from a societal standpoint and you’ve reduced it to a level we deal with daily.
3 weeks to flatten the curve.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:29 AM 12-21-2021
Omicron is spreading like wildfire in such a short time span which I find crazy.

First know death from Omicron in Texas was someone who already had covid.

Originally Posted by :
A Texas man, whose death was the first confirmed Omicron-related in the US, was unvaccinated and had previously been infected with the coronavirus, according to a press release from Harris County Public Health.

"The individual was at higher risk of severe complications from Covid-19 due to his unvaccinated status and had underlying health conditions," the release said.

County Judge Lina Hidalgo announced the death on Monday, saying the man was in his 50s. The case is the first known confirmed Omicron-related death in the US.

[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
3 weeks to flatten the curve.
Well, pushing out infections was always ideal. Now we have vaccines and medications so we know how to treat it. I'd much rather get covid now than back then.

The area under a curve doesn't change though.
[Reply]
TLO 08:51 AM 12-21-2021
What in the world is going on with Japan? That's a true mystery.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 12-21-2021
So far it's been a true decoupling from cases to hospitalizations. Immunity holding up well. Almost like thats how it usually works.

Weird.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 12-21-2021

SCOOP: The FDA is set to authorize the Covid-19 treatment pills from *both* Pfizer and Merck. An announcement is expected this week. It would open up two significant treatment options for severe cases. A big milestone.

With @JenniferJJacobs and @RobertLangreth on @TheTerminal.

— Josh Wingrove (@josh_wingrove) December 21, 2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:15 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
What in the world is going on with Japan? That's a true mystery.
Per NPR

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-covid-numbers

They aren't really sure.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:25 AM 12-21-2021
Today, the doc told Mom that he doesn’t even think he can be off the BiPAP long enough to be put on a ventilator - so we’re at a point where if he starts to suffer, decisions will have to be made.

I hate myself for being angry right now, but this all could have been easily avoided. I’m fucking sick right now.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:53 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Per NPR

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-covid-numbers

They aren't really sure.
I'm guessing the 80% vaccinated population and them masking up in general is helping alot. Definitely won't stay like this once travel is opened.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:54 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Today, the doc told Mom that he doesn’t even think he can be off the BiPAP long enough to be put on a ventilator - so we’re at a point where if he starts to suffer, decisions will have to be made.

I hate myself for being angry right now, but this all could have been easily avoided. I’m fucking sick right now.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that man.
[Reply]
wazu 12:03 PM 12-21-2021

So sorry, man. Definitely understand the feelings of anger and frustration. I feel them every time I hear similar stories about people I don't even know, so can only imagine how magnified it would be if it was my own dad. Thoughts and prayers for your family.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:05 PM 12-21-2021

I hate myself for being angry right now, but this all could have been easily avoided. I’m ****ing sick right now.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's got to be frustrating in addition to the sadness.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:24 PM 12-21-2021

I hate myself for being angry right now, but this all could have been easily avoided. I’m ****ing sick right now.
Sorry. Tough to deal with at any time, especially near Christmas.
[Reply]
Page 3832 of 3903
« First < 2832333237323782382238283829383038313832 383338343835383638423882 > Last »
Up