ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3825 of 3903
« First < 2825332537253775381538213822382338243825 382638273828382938353875 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 07:59 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
Look deeper. Cases exploded so the CFR dropped but that’s just until deaths catch up. Not good.
I'm not convinced they will catch up
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:00 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
People forget the vaccine mandates a lot of hospitals have implemented have made them even more short staffed so its quite the snowball effect.
True enough but then you should also point out the staff that has had enough. Especially the staff that has had enough of trying to treat unvaccinated patients and decided to quit for a more rewarding job.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 08:14 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm not convinced they will catch up
Ideally you’re right.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:21 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So what is the actual endgame for this for everyone at this point? I mean, we can't go on forever like this.
A couple ways to answer this.

First, we can't go on like this forever? Do you honestly think that this is as difficult as civilization has ever had it? You live in the developed world with access to vaccines and treatment options with the most minor of restrictions. No one guaranteed your way of life was going to be what it was two years ago. Perspective, perspective, perspective.

Second, it's early in the omicron navigation but getting less so. It's absolutely going to become the dominant strain and case counts are going to be through the roof. But if it's as mild as literally everything thus far indicates, that could very well be the end game. We have a super transmissible strain with mild severity. It will SUCK over the next several months but that's just the necessary medicine to swallow.

Life isn't bad enough as a result of covid for people in this country that the attitude should be so defeatist.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:22 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

First, we can't go on like this forever? Do you honestly think that this is as difficult as civilization has ever had it? You live in the developed world with access to vaccines and treatment options with the most minor of restrictions. No one guaranteed your way of life was going to be what it was two years ago. Perspective, perspective, perspective.

Second, it's early in the omicron navigation but getting less so. It's absolutely going to become the dominant strain and case counts are going to be through the roof. But if it's as mild as literally everything thus far indicates, that could very well be the end game. We have a super transmissible strain with mild severity.

Life isn't bad enough as a result of covid for people in this country that the attitude should be so defeatist.
Good stuff.
[Reply]
loochy 09:11 PM 12-14-2021
So what is the actual endgame for this for everyone at this point? I mean, we can't go on forever like this.
Go on like what? Things seem pretty normal here except I don't have to drive in to work anymore.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 PM 12-14-2021
https://idp.nature.com/authorize?res...77-021-00662-4
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Second, it's early in the omicron navigation but getting less so. It's absolutely going to become the dominant strain and case counts are going to be through the roof. But if it's as mild as literally everything thus far indicates, that could very well be the end game. We have a super transmissible strain with mild severity. It will SUCK over the next several months but that's just the necessary medicine to swallow.

They just shut down a fully vaccinated college because of cases. That stuff shouldn't be happening at this point. Enough with the babysitting of the population.

People have had a year to get vaccinated or not. At this point, there shouldn't be any restrictions on any of this.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:54 AM 12-15-2021
They just shut down a fully vaccinated college because of cases. That stuff shouldn't be happening at this point. Enough with the babysitting of the population.

People have had a year to get vaccinated or not. At this point, there shouldn't be any restrictions on any of this.
Exactly.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 12-15-2021

NEW: Who are the people with breakthrough COVID hospitalizations? We partnered with Epic using electronic medical records data to understand characteristics of vaccinated people who end up in the hospital with COVID: https://t.co/mG5tVknQbG

— Cynthia Cox (@cynthiaccox) December 15, 2021

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:09 AM 12-15-2021
Update: Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since being admitted to the ICU. It's felt like months, and it's been a rollercoaster. Ventilation is imminent, though they did tell us that last week and he's avoided it so far.

But his chest x-ray is terrifying - just lit up white where things should be dark. He's been moved to BiPap full time, as his stats plummet when he's on Optiflow. SpO2 is staying in the mid 90's with BiPap, but decreases dramatically when removed to eat/drink.

Trying to stay positive, as he seems to have bounce back days after we get bad news - but sure seems like things are trending in the wrong direction.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:32 AM 12-15-2021
I've been redacting patient charts to remove personal information for various business operations purposes, and have run into a couple charts where patients in dire need of higher levels of care (unrelated to COVID) could not be transferred due to a lack of beds. It really bummed me out (they died). Those comparing this shit to obesity need a kick in the junk.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:38 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Update: Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since being admitted to the ICU. It's felt like months, and it's been a rollercoaster. Ventilation is imminent, though they did tell us that last week and he's avoided it so far.

But his chest x-ray is terrifying - just lit up white where things should be dark. He's been moved to BiPap full time, as his stats plummet when he's on Optiflow. SpO2 is staying in the mid 90's with BiPap, but decreases dramatically when removed to eat/drink.

Trying to stay positive, as he seems to have bounce back days after we get bad news - but sure seems like things are trending in the wrong direction.
Damn. Hope he improves. Sorry you are going through this
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 12-15-2021

Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I've been redacting patient charts to remove personal information for various business operations purposes, and have run into a couple charts where patients in dire need of higher levels of care (unrelated to COVID) could not be transferred due to a lack of beds. It really bummed me out (they died). Those comparing this shit to obesity need a kick in the junk.
It should only be about hospital capacity at this point if hospitals can't/won't turn away unvaccinated people for Covid beds.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:47 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I would like to do the kicking.
[Reply]
Page 3825 of 3903
« First < 2825332537253775381538213822382338243825 382638273828382938353875 > Last »
Up