ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 361
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:27 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
So I found a good deal on a 97 Jeep Wrangler..it's got fairly low miles on it for almost 20 years old..just over 100,000..it's a 5 speed which is exactly what I want

My question for you guys is do any of you have experience with the 4.0 inline 6 that it has under the hood..from what I read it is really reliable but is under powered and heavy as a fat girl after a free trip to the buffet

Any input would be great..yes I taste tested the antifreeze and it is good in case anyone was wondering
What model (X, Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)?
Any lift, bigger than stock tires?
Never heard of the 4.0 being called underpowered and over-weight but it’s not exactly a power monster either. They’re made more for torque than peak power.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:48 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
What model (X, Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)?
Any lift, bigger than stock tires?
Never heard of the 4.0 being called underpowered and over-weight but it’s not exactly a power monster either. They’re made more for torque than peak power.
It is the Sport if I remember right..no lift..tires are bigger than stock..I will need to put a lift under it..probably a 2.5 or 3 inch

I think compared to the new 3.6 Pentastar is what they compare it to that leads to it being called heavy and underpowered

I am not to worried about the power..it will be a daily driver and a every so often off road mud slinger..I will do do upgrades but nothing crazy
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:24 PM 06-08-2015
It is the Sport if I remember right..no lift..tires are bigger than stock..I will need to put a lift under it..probably a 2.5 or 3 inch

Don’t go too crazy with lift. The transfer case will use a slip yoke drive shaft and it doesn’t take much lift when combined with offroading for the drive shaft to pull right out of the transfer case.

I think compared to the new 3.6 Pentastar is what they compare it to that leads to it being called heavy and underpowered

Ah, got’cha. Yea the 3.6 makes more power but you have to rev it high to get that power and the 4.0 makes better low end torque so there are tradeoffs.

I am not to worried about the power..it will be a daily driver and a every so often off road mud slinger..I will do do upgrades but nothing crazy
:-) Wranglers with a set of stock-ish size tires that have an aggressive tread will actually go impressive places. It will surprise you.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:50 PM 06-08-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
:-) Wranglers with a set of stock-ish size tires that have an aggressive tread will actually go impressive places. It will surprise you.
I imagine so..I used to have a 91 S-10 Blazer I had mud tires on and that damn thing would go just about anywhere in 2wd..it was so light it sat on top of everything

From what I have been reading the 2.5 and 3 inch is as high as you can or want to go before you have to start getting into new driveshafts, control arms, and really watching the track bar to get it all centered

So I will probably just go with the 2.5 with a little bigger tire and I will probably put 4.10 gears in it to give it the extra grunt on bottom..I never drive fast in any of my rides anyway so I'm not worried about top end speed
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:44 PM 06-08-2015
I imagine so..I used to have a 91 S-10 Blazer I had mud tires on and that damn thing would go just about anywhere in 2wd..it was so light it sat on top of everything

From what I have been reading the 2.5 and 3 inch is as high as you can or want to go before you have to start getting into new driveshafts, control arms, and really watching the track bar to get it all centered

So I will probably just go with the 2.5 with a little bigger tire and I will probably put 4.10 gears in it to give it the extra grunt on bottom..I never drive fast in any of my rides anyway so I'm not worried about top end speed
:-) Good choice.
With 4.10 gears you should be good for 31-32" tires, and with the OD transmission still be able to hit the highway if needed.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:54 PM 06-08-2015
You've probably seen stuff like this but here's a handy little chart for figuring gear ratio vs. tire size.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-ti...atio-chart.htm
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 PM 06-09-2015
You guys know anything about a possible Chrysler and GM merger?
http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...er-email-to-gm

TURIN (Reuters) - The chairman of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, John Elkann, today confirmed that CEO Sergio Marchionne had sent an email to General Motors about a possible tie-up. Elkann said discussions had taken place with other players as well.

The New York Times on Saturday reported that Marchionne had sent an email to GM CEO Mary Barra in March suggesting that the two companies combine.

Marchionne said on Thursday he could not confirm the report. He said he writes "lots of emails."

"It was not the only email, it was not the only conversation," Elkann told reporters today when asked about the New York Times report.
Marchionne's email suggested a merged GM and Fiat Chrysler would save billions of dollars in costs and create an automotive giant, according to the paper. The idea of a merger did not interest Barra or any other GM executives, the report said.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:25 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
:-) I actually thought that as I wrote that out. I don't mind paying for the ford - but is it what I described in your opinion? When I go online to read opinions it's too fan boyish - I know the experts on CP know trucks and probably have some strong opinions on which ones are the way to go
I bought a new ford truck today. I wasn't looking until I saw your posts.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:08 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I bought a new ford truck today. I wasn't looking until I saw your posts.
Your fucking killing me here.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:35 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Your fucking killing me here.
I'm on the XPlan pricing so there wan't much to negotiate. I did get the dealership to throw in a spray in bed liner and they were running a lifetime warranty promotion that I also received.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:44 AM 06-11-2015
I'm on the XPlan pricing so there wan't much to negotiate. I did get the dealership to throw in a spray in bed liner and they were running a lifetime warranty promotion that I also received.
I could have destroyed x plan pricing~ :-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:05 AM 06-11-2015
What could you have done for http://superiorfordnwa.net/Northwest...ruck/40628056/
[Reply]
KC native 12:08 PM 06-11-2015
So when the Focus RS comes out that means you'll get it to me for $1000 under dealer "invoice" and no delivery charge? :-)
[Reply]
hometeam 12:16 PM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
So when the Focus RS comes out that means you'll get it to me for $1000 under dealer "invoice" and no delivery charge? :-)
Likely wont be able to do it on things like Focus RS, 50th anniv Mustangs. GT350s, Raptors, etc. And 'delivery' listed on the sticker is 100% charged to us a cost on the vehicle as part of the invoice price.

F-150s I can do it all day.
[Reply]
hometeam 12:17 PM 06-11-2015
What could you have done for http://superiorfordnwa.net/Northwest...ruck/40628056/
Cant go back of invoice on any truck that does not belong to me. However I have a similar truck on the lot that I could do it on.

Without spending a bunch of time digging into it my guess is I could have gone about 600-1000 under what X plan is on something like that.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 361
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up