View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 125 of 343
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:02 PM 07-19-2022
Why in the fuck are the Chiefs leaking they are disappointed with Brown? Why go there? How does that benefit the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Hoover 03:06 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why in the **** are the Chiefs leaking they are disappointed with Brown? Why go there? How does that benefit the Chiefs?
Its not them.

I bet its Browns camp that's doing all the talking. Veach & Co are too classy for that.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:07 PM 07-19-2022
Why in the **** are the Chiefs leaking they are disappointed with Brown? Why go there? How does that benefit the Chiefs?
Motivation for the lazy ass.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:22 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
On NFL Network, @jeffri.chadiha shared what one Chiefs front office person told him about Brown rejecting KC’s long-term deal:

“This isn’t the guy we traded for.”

This is in reference to Brown coming to KC as a team player that was willing to work out a team-friendly deal.

Chadiha also said that KC is “frustrated” and “disappointed” that Brown rejected its offer.

Per Devon Clements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My meaningless take was correct
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:33 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Motivation for the lazy ass.
if you have to publicly trash the guy to motivate him, he shouldn’t be on this team.
[Reply]
sedated 03:56 PM 07-19-2022
Chiefs got duped if they thought the guy who forced his way out of Baltimore because he "wanted to play LT" (right before his rookie deal expired) would give them a team-friendly deal.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:02 PM 07-19-2022
This is agent posturing...he sized up the situation and knows they dont have a replacement LT.

The Chiefs shouldn't budge...they offered him what he's worth. If Brown doesn't want to make a million dollars + every Sunday...let him get fat and play video games.

He'll show up...
[Reply]
Indian Chief 04:27 PM 07-19-2022
For everyone asking, "why would the Chiefs do this," you already have you answer. They wouldn't. This story is either made up by the reporter or leaked by an agent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:33 PM 07-19-2022
Why in the fuck are the Chiefs leaking they are disappointed with Brown? Why go there? How does that benefit the Chiefs?
Chadiha is a shit disturber.

He found some locker room attendant who got stiffed on a year end tip and milked him for a quote from a ‘team source’.

This is how he get attention and once again it worked.

Until he stops with this nonsense bomb throwing, ignore the clown.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:56 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This is agent posturing...he sized up the situation and knows they dont have a replacement LT.

The Chiefs shouldn't budge...they offered him what he's worth. If Brown doesn't want to make a million dollars + every Sunday...let him get fat and play video games.

He'll show up...
They offered way more than his sorry ass is worth.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:12 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Really glad the Chiefs played hardball here.

Brown is not good enough to command the salary he wants and he also has "guy who lets himself go after getting paid" written all over him.

He's already on the edge of being too heavy. He's clearly a guy whose sole motivation is money. What's he gonna look like when he loses that motivation?

Unless he comes out and has a Trent Williams type season, then it just isn't worth it imo
. One thing we cannot do is give huge contracts to average players. Quickest way to slam our window shut. And I don't think Veach is that stupid.
Why would him having a career year in a contract year make you change your mind on whether he would let himself go after getting paid.

:-)

It wouldn't for me.

I mean I guess it does raise his ceiling but it sure as hell doesn't raise his floor.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:20 PM 07-19-2022
I don't know what flavor OBJ Kool aid is. But it's definitely serve yourself
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:37 PM 07-19-2022
if you have to publicly trash the guy to motivate him, he shouldn’t be on this team.
OK, he's fired! Kinnard is in.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:15 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Shields68:
As long as he played well enough to use a franchise tag on(justify paying almost 17 million) it was going to be an good trade. If he did not play up to that level and it was a 1 year deal it was going to be a bad trade.
I agree. It bought the Chiefs 2 seasons to solve the LT problem. They were in a mess without Fisher after Williams chose to stay in San Francisco. Veach has seen that his demands are unreasonable and will be planning how best to solve the LT problem for the future during the months between now and when free agency begins again.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:20 PM 07-19-2022
Chiefs probably are frustrated with the whole drawn out contract bs
Why wouldnt they be?
They cut the cord on Tyreek and Tyrann, so I do believe OBJ is toast at some point
It doesnt take much to read the tea leaves here
[Reply]
Page 125 of 343
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Up