ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 905 of 2683
« First < 405805855895901902903904905 906907908909915955100514051905 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 03:30 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He occasionally looks young; looks sped up.

I mean lord, what did people expect? He's not going to hit the ground this year as good as he'll ever be. He probably won't be 80% as good as he'll ever be.

There are times you can see that the game looks super fast to him right now and that's with vanilla defenses. Then again, there are also times where he really looks composed and within the flow of the play.

You're gonna get both guys, often time within the same drive. Maybe certain packages are ones he's more comfortable in. Maybe certain looks. Who knows? Who cares? It's the travails of youth and shit happens. All of that is fine.

I won't listen to Keitzman because **** him - not even gonna give him a click. But there's no question that there are times when Mahomes looks green as hell and that's just the way of it with a young QB. It's completely reasonable and expected with a quarterbacks development.

I sure as shit wish we'd have spent all that Watkins money on another CB though just to give the kid a little more rope on offense. I get the idea of surrounding him with weapons but shit this secondary sucks and I really don't want him falling into bad habits trying to put up 37 points/gm to deal with a secondary that will routinely surrender 30.
For sure. It was always gonna happen that way, which is why I wish they'd have done it last year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:35 PM 08-20-2018
On a side note, Jimmy G looks pretty damn good in SF.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
For sure. It was always gonna happen that way, which is why I wish they'd have done it last year.
If they do, you don't have Kendall Fuller or a similarly talented young player.

Smith's trade value skyrocketed because of his performance last season. He maybe gets you a 4th if you trade him last offseason, IMO.

Now that said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you have to consider that as part of the equation. Is the more accelerated development from Mahomes partially/completely offset by the fact that we got a hell of a young CB back in the Smith deal? And frankly, I think the benefits of Mahomes sitting behind Smith are more of a slow-burn anyway; a long-term sort of thing that comes from Mahomes simply being in the QB room with Smith and seeing how a veteran prepares himself.

That will compound as he goes forward and never be obvious on the stat sheet but perhaps the sort of thing that raises his ceiling without us realizing it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:37 PM 08-20-2018
He fucking should. He only sat how long behind Brady?
[Reply]
O.city 03:38 PM 08-20-2018
If they do, you don't have Kendall Fuller or a similarly talented young player.

Smith's trade value skyrocketed because of his performance last season. He maybe gets you a 4th if you trade him last offseason, IMO.

Now that said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you have to consider that as part of the equation. Is the more accelerated development from Mahomes partially/completely offset by the fact that we got a hell of a young CB back in the Smith deal? And frankly, I think the benefits of Mahomes sitting behind Smith are more of a slow-burn anyway; a long-term sort of thing that comes from Mahomes simply being in the QB room with Smith and seeing how a veteran prepares himself.

That will compound as he goes forward and never be obvious on the stat sheet but perhaps the sort of thing that raises his ceiling without us realizing it.
Yeah, the other pieces from the Smith deal def make it worth it more.

It just sucks that we are essentially a year behind. Now, grand scheme of things hopefully it pays off bigely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 08-20-2018
As one of the 3 highest paid QBs in football, I'd goddamn hope so. Dude's getting close to $30 million/season over the next three seasons on the strength of 5-6 ballgames. He'd better be a damn All Pro for that kind of scratch.

I'm still not a believer but we shall see...
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:39 PM 08-20-2018
He occasionally looks young; looks sped up.

I mean lord, what did people expect? He's not going to hit the ground this year as good as he'll ever be. He probably won't be 80% as good as he'll ever be.

There are times you can see that the game looks super fast to him right now and that's with vanilla defenses. Then again, there are also times where he really looks composed and within the flow of the play.

You're gonna get both guys, often time within the same drive. Maybe certain packages are ones he's more comfortable in. Maybe certain looks. Who knows? Who cares? It's the travails of youth and shit happens. All of that is fine.

I won't listen to Keitzman because fuck him - not even gonna give him a click. But there's no question that there are times when Mahomes looks green as hell and that's just the way of it with a young QB. It's completely reasonable and expected with a quarterbacks development.

I sure as shit wish we'd have spent all that Watkins money on another CB though just to give the kid a little more rope on offense. I get the idea of surrounding him with weapons but shit this secondary sucks and I really don't want him falling into bad habits trying to put up 37 points/gm to deal with a secondary that will routinely surrender 30.
I would have rather the Chiefs go out and offer more money to Kyle Fuller and rolled with Hill/Robinson/Conley at WR.
[Reply]
O.city 03:39 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
He ****ing should. He only sat how long behind Brady?
But everyone is telling me that you need experience still to be expected to do anything of importance?
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 08-20-2018
As one of the 3 highest paid QBs in football, I'd goddamn hope so. Dude's getting close to $30 million/season over the next three seasons on the strength of 5-6 ballgames. He'd better be a damn All Pro for that kind of scratch.

I'm still not a believer but we shall see...
Yeah, they broke the bank there on little experience. But Shannahan looks to be a stud and Jimmy looks like Brady 2.0.

I'm a believer, but we've seen these things go either way.
[Reply]
O.city 03:41 PM 08-20-2018
I would have rather the Chiefs go out and offer more money to Kyle Fuller and rolled with Hill/Robinson/Conley at WR.
Conley was coming on strong prior to his injury, but does he even have a place in KC anymore?
[Reply]
jaa1025 03:52 PM 08-20-2018
He ****ing should. He only sat how long behind Brady?
*cough* Matt Cassell *cough*
[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 08-20-2018
Is it wrong to kind of expect a Rams 2017 performance from this team? McVay got a lot out of Goff and Co.

Wrong to expect Andy to do the same with Pat and co?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 08-20-2018
Yeah, they broke the bank there on little experience. But Shannahan looks to be a stud and Jimmy looks like Brady 2.0.

I'm a believer, but we've seen these things go either way.
Shanahan made Ryan look better than he'd ever looked as well. He's a guy that simply gets a lot out of his QBs.

And saying someone looks like Brady before they've played in a playoff game is kinda silly. It's the old 'looks like Maddux' for every smallish righty that has good command and doesn't throw very hard. No, what makes Brady 'look like Brady' is how he performs in key moments and his body of work over a decade.

Because in a vacuum, Alex Smith 'looks like Brady' on a lot of plays and over the course of a lot of games. Right until he doesn't and you lose another playoff game that you had no business losing.

Ultimately the Rams and Seahawks can both eat my ass so I'm fine with the 49ers having a quarterback that shits on their parade. I simply think its lunacy that they paid that dude like one of the best QBs in football on the strength of 1/3 of a season worth of largely checkdown passing.
[Reply]
O.city 03:59 PM 08-20-2018
Shanahan made Ryan look better than he'd ever looked as well. He's a guy that simply gets a lot out of his QBs.

And saying someone looks like Brady before they've played in a playoff game is kinda silly. It's the old 'looks like Maddux' for every smallish righty that has good command and doesn't throw very hard. No, what makes Brady 'look like Brady' is how he performs in key moments and his body of work over a decade.

Because in a vacuum, Alex Smith 'looks like Brady' on a lot of plays and over the course of a lot of games. Right until he doesn't and you lose another playoff game that you had no business losing.

Ultimately the Rams and Seahawks can both eat my ass so I'm fine with the 49ers having a quarterback that shits on their parade. I simply think its lunacy that they paid that dude like one of the best QBs in football on the strength of 1/3 of a season worth of largely checkdown passing.
At that point, all he had to do was give the appearance of being a franchise Qb and they were fucked.

He's good in the pocket and processes quick. I like that. Like you say here, Shannahan is a good dude with QBs so we shall see.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:20 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
He didn’t throw it from the line of scrimmage. It said air yards.
Air yards is tracked from the line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
Page 905 of 2683
« First < 405805855895901902903904905 906907908909915955100514051905 > Last »
Up