ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:16 AM 03-27-2023
Ravens need to find a good deal and walk away. Lamar ain’t gonna win a championship from Baltimore especially once he gets paid. He’s outserved his purpose. He will be a great fit for a team like Indy or Atlanta that just want to bring butts back into seats and be competitive, and Lamar can do that for them. With Lamar flubbing the whole contract negotiation Baltimore has their out where they can claim they tried their best.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:17 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Raven fans not happy.

I think Lamar is too good for them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:18 AM 03-27-2023
Raven fans not happy.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Spott 10:18 AM 03-27-2023
Raven fans not happy.

John Candy has really fallen from grace.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 10:24 AM 03-27-2023
cannot believe a player of his caliber doesn't have an agent. that's just crazy.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:26 AM 03-27-2023
Man, he fucked himself so badly. He should have taken what Baltimore offered him and he would have been set for life. He got greedy and now he's going to pay for it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:29 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Man, he ****ed himself so badly. He should have taken what Baltimore offered him and he would have been set for life. He got greedy and now he's going to pay for it.
Lol.

Jim Irsay gonna open his wallet.

Jackson will be just fine financially.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:29 AM 03-27-2023
There's no doubt he messed this up by not hiring an agent and playing his hand this poorly.

But there's also no doubt in my mind that he'll land somewhere and get paid a whole lot of money by someone. He'll be fine. He could have been better, but he'll be fine.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:30 AM 03-27-2023
Can the team actually shop him on the unsigned tag? I thought Lamar had to do the shopping, and then the Ravens could decide the end result.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:31 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He loves football, but he sure doesn't love grammar.
He scored a 13 on the wonderlic.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:33 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Lol.

Jim Irsay gonna open his wallet.

Jackson will be just fine financially.
This may be true. Of all the owners that would go against the grain in an attempt to pull their team out of perpetual mediocrity Jim Irsay has to be very very high on that list.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Can the team actually shop him on the unsigned tag? I thought Lamar had to do the shopping, and then the Ravens could decide the end result.
Like I said - I think that's why he made the trade 'request'.

If Jackson won't sign the tender, the Ravens don't technically have an asset to trade. All they can do is get the tag picks back after Jackson gets a deal.

But if he is making a trade request he either A) Is telling them 'hey, pursue a deal, get a framework in place and if I can reach an agreement on a LTC w/ that team, I'll go ahead and sign the tender, you can trade me on the tender and I'll sign my new LTC with them..; or B) He simply has no fucking idea what's going on.

I guess either one is equally likely...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 03-27-2023
It would be fucking hilarious if this whole time Jackson hasn't been negotiating with other teams because he didn't know he could.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:36 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said - I think that's why he made the trade 'request'.

If Jackson won't sign the tender, the Ravens don't technically have an asset to trade. All they can do is get the tag picks back after Jackson gets a deal.

But if he is making a trade request he either A) Is telling them 'hey, pursue a deal, get a framework in place and if I can reach an agreement on a LTC w/ that team, I'll go ahead and sign the tender, you can trade me on the tender and I'll sign my new LTC with them..; or B) He simply has no ****ing idea what's going on.

I guess either one is equally likely...
Gotcha! I guess I missed your post when I was scanning through the thread to see if this had been covered. Thanks!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:38 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Man, he ****ed himself so badly. He should have taken what Baltimore offered him and he would have been set for life. He got greedy and now he's going to pay for it.
Orlando brown and Lamar both got greedy. And in the end they’re both gonna get paid way less and won’t return back to the team they wanted to stay with. A useful lesson for free agents out there. Interestingly kc and Baltimore are both probably relieved that they didn’t have to pay out.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up