ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:29 AM 03-27-2023
I'd take Lamar if the Ravens include their 1st and 2nd rd. pick for this year, but I am not giving them anything in return.
[Reply]
Womble 09:29 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Apparently like you love double posting.
And apparently like you love doubling down. Belize good this time of year?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:30 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think they removed the ability to poison pill a contract in the last CBA iirc.
They did, but only the strict sort of "Chad Hutchinson" contract the Vikings pulled several years back.

You just can't offer a deal that has terms that are different for the 'losing' team than they would be for the 'winning' team. The Vikes offered Hutchinson a deal where his contract would guarantee if he wasn't the highest paid player on the team and the Seahawks had Walter Jones making $7 million. So if the Seahawks matched, the entire deal ended up guaranteed.

Whereas on the Vikings that wouldn't have been an issue.

That's the kind of deal that is barred. You can still make frontloaded deals or deals with onerous enough terms to make it difficult for a team to match.
[Reply]
Spott 09:33 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Apparently like you love double posting.
Almost as much as you love making up stories about girlfriends in Belize.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:35 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They did, but only the strict sort of "Chad Hutchinson" contract the Vikings pulled several years back.

You just can't offer a deal that has terms that are different for the 'losing' team than they would be for the 'winning' team. The Vikes offered Hutchinson a deal where his contract would guarantee if he wasn't the highest paid player on the team and the Seahawks had Walter Jones making $7 million. So if the Seahawks matched, the entire deal ended up guaranteed.

Whereas on the Vikings that wouldn't have been an issue.

That's the kind of deal that is barred. You can still make frontloaded deals or deals with onerous enough terms to make it difficult for a team to match.
I thought there was also a contract poison pill included about playing a certain number of games in one state that would make the contract guaranteed.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:36 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Almost as much as you love making up stories about girlfriends in Belize.
Heh
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We fucking get it. He doesn't tweet in perfect English. A good number of athletes don't. Who gives a fuck...
Dude's a dim bulb.

The grammar isn't the disease - it's a symptom.

It's interesting for 2 reasons - A) He's a quarterback and that requires some processing power that I'm not sure he's demonstrated and B) He's representing himself in a hundred million dollar business deal.

Oh, and it's funny. The guy's dumb as a hammer.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:37 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude's a dim bulb.

The grammar isn't the disease - it's a symptom.

It's interesting for 2 reasons - A) He's a quarterback and that requires some processing power that I'm not sure he's demonstrated and B) He's representing himself in a hundred million dollar business deal.

Oh, and it's funny. The guy's dumb as a hammer.
I get it. It just gets annoying as fuck when it's hammered on over and over. It's about as funny as the whole belize thing that everyone wants to include in every fucking thread ever created.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 03-27-2023
I thought there was also a contract poison pill included about playing a certain number of games in one state that would make the contract guaranteed.
Sure, but that's just another example.

If there are terms in the deal that make the contract obligations fundamentally different for a 'matching' team than it does the team that offered it, it's a poison pill.

They really haven't happened all that often and aren't strictly necessary.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:38 AM 03-27-2023
You could probably use the compensation you get for Lamar to move up to 6 and get Anthony Richardson so the Raiders don’t.

And I’d bet the Lions would take that deal
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 03-27-2023
It would never happen but I'd happily throw the Ravens a pick for Bateman right now.
Yup - absolutely.

But he has injury issues of his own.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:42 AM 03-27-2023
I get it. It just gets annoying as fuck when it's hammered on over and over. It's about as funny as the whole belize thing that everyone wants to include in every fucking thread ever created.
It's just hard to take him seriously. Like, do you really think a guy with a shaky grasp of the English language is going to understand the nuances of non-exclusive franchise tags vis-à-vis trades and how that might impact the teams involved? I'm sure major agencies employ "a guy" whose entire job is to understand the intricacies of stuff like that.

It's not that I expect Lamar to be able to understand it. It's that he doesn't even realize how important it is that he DOES understand it (or someone on his side does).

He just seems like he's got a lot of Dunning-Kruger effect going on and he's so lost in all of this that he doesn't even realize how lost he is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's just hard to take him seriously. Like, do you really think a guy with a shaky grasp of the English language is going to understand the nuances of non-exclusive franchise tags vis-à-vis trades and how that might impact the teams involved? I'm sure major agencies employ "a guy" whose entire job is to understand the intricacies of stuff like that.

It's not that I expect Lamar to be able to understand it. It's that he doesn't even realize how important it is that he DOES understand it (or someone on his side does).

He just seems like he's got a lot of Dunning-Kruger effect going on and he's so lost in all of this that he doesn't even realize how lost he is.
Dude isn't that bright for a number of reasons...not having an agent being the paramount one.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:45 AM 03-27-2023
Lol. I don't think that anyone is dumb enough to trade for him and his unrealistic demands. But if anyone is that dumb, it would be great to see it be the Colts. It's nice to see those scumbags be bad. It'll be even better to see them stick with a bad quarterback contract for a declining running back that throws the ball.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:45 AM 03-27-2023
There's no way I'm giving up the 4th pick for Lamar if I'm the Colts. It's going to take multiple picks...so give up your 2023 2nd rounder, 2024 1st and 2025 1st.
The problem is it is going to take multiple picks and your still going to have to over pay him to play for you. Not a good combination.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up