ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Do you have a career or do you just works jobs?

Maybe it’s time to evaluate your future plans.

Honestly hope you land on your feet.
If he was a director at a small tech company and already has a specialization in logistics, he should absolutely be looking at this as a career. There's actually a trajectory for him.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:13 PM 03-24-2023
I've been let go from two jobs in the last 20 years.

After the first one I sold everything I owned and moved to Costa Rica for a year and worked at an "offshore" online sports book with a bunch of hot chicks from all over the world. Told myself the only place I'd move back to in the United States was Denver/Boulder because of the music scene. Got a job offer to underwrite mortgages for Wells Fargo in Denver after 11 months.

After the second time, when the bottom fell out of the mortgage lending business during the 2008 financial crisis, I started a weed business when the market opened up in Denver in 2009. Made a fortune and sold out in 2017.

Moral to the story: When one door closes, another opens. You'll be fine TM. You'll likely end up in a spot/situation that was way better than the one you just left. Life is funny that way.

Tons of places hiring right now. Huge labor shortage, at least here in metro Phoenix. If you were ever going to be let go from a job, this is about as good a time as I can ever recall.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:15 PM 03-24-2023
Sorry. I think it is going to happen a lot.

Linked in. Start putting out feelers

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 02:15 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I was a director of scheduling for a tech company. I have a background in logistics.
1. Did you receive any severance?

2. How many months emergency funds do you have?

3. What specifically have you done in Logistics?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:17 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
1. Did you receive any severance?

2. How much months emergency funds do you have?

3. What specifically have you done in Logistics?
4. Do you have a cat named Fuskers?
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:19 PM 03-24-2023
Drag the George Brett statue in front of the office building and wait for them to come out.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:20 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Call the Royals and see if they are hiring someone to polish the George Brett statue.

Seriously though, losing a job sucks. If you like manufacturing and want to move to Wichita, I'm hiring.
Shit, if you like manufacturing and want to stay in Kansas City, I'm hiring.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:20 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Drag the George Brett statue in front of the office building and wait for them to come out.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:22 PM 03-24-2023
1. Stop freaking out. You weren't gonna have that job forever.

2. Go apply for unemployment right now. Easy to get, and that is your money. Take it.

3. Use that money to support yourself while you search for another job.

4. You will find another job. You have plenty of work experience, and everyone is hiring right now. Get on any of the job sites and start searching.

Now get off CP and do what I said. You're wasting time on here.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:22 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
That was a very solid point. Now that he doesn't have insurance, I wouldn't recommend him getting his ass kicked in front of the GB statue.
[Reply]
EPodolak 02:24 PM 03-24-2023
[img][/img]

Just trying to make you laugh...

One door shut, another opens. If you have a network to help you move on, great. Maybe your old company even has resources. Also the web is a great way to find openings these days, when you're thinking clearly again. Best of luck.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:24 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I thought I was going to be at this company for a long time I loved this job
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If he was a director at a small tech company and already has a specialization in logistics, he should absolutely be looking at this as a career. There's actually a trajectory for him.
I didn’t see that post when I posted.

I agree and on your comments. Good for Billay.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:26 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I guess I’m more of a people person bc that job sounds terrible to me. Sounds like a ton of excel reports
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:27 PM 03-24-2023
Not to make light of losing a job, because that would really suck and all if that's really the case.... but the dynamic of people treating billay like a juvenile internet troll who actually would come off as completely clueless on what to do when losing a job, combined with "I'm an IT Director" is kind of amusing.
[Reply]
seclark 02:31 PM 03-24-2023
Sounds like you have a lot of experience and skills tm.
Go get a job, bud.
sec
[Reply]
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up