ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 25
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:46 PM 03-24-2023
They probably got tired of you wearing your mask still dumb****! :-)
[Reply]
Hamwallet 06:49 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the **** to do.
Didn’t you tell me my mom plays with buttholes after a friendly jab? Karma is fun. Maybe you should play with buttholes for money. 🤣
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:49 PM 03-24-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:51 PM 03-24-2023
Sorry to hear it meat. Good news is, everybody needs help. Hit the wires, get apps in. Find every competitor for you company and apply there. That's a good place to start. If you have logistics, I know the Railroads hire a lot. If you can land yourself a Railroad pension, that's a big deal (as the stock market continues to flounder....like a cunt)

If you want, PM me your email and I'll review your resume for you. I'm pretty decent at cleaning them up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:52 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Sorry to hear it.

I had a buddy that got fired awhile ago and he already has a new gig, lots of jobs out there right now. My buddy got screwed as well with his firing. He had a company truck and they asked if he could keep it four or five weeks until they could come and get it. Two days after he got fired, he went and parked the Truck in a handicap zone and it got towed the next day. By the time the company showed up to grab the truck, 8 weeks later, the company had to pay a several thousand dollar impound fee.
Motherfucker, that's BRILLIANT!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:54 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's what my job is right now - a bunch of spreadsheets.

But I also spent my first 14 years here using primarily Visio, so this is a nice change.
Excel is life.

/dorks (read: Buehler445)
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:56 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Excel is life.

/dorks (read: Buehler445)
It is literally incredible watching Excel masters do work. Like....it looks like magic sometimes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
It is literally incredible watching Excel masters do work. Like....it looks like magic sometimes.
I'm probably not that good anymore. All of the stuff on the farm is not terribly complicated. Extensive, but not complicated. But I used to make them SING.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:05 PM 03-24-2023
I am older than Ive ever been, I have to work harder than Ive ever worked, and I have far more people dependant on me than I've ever had. And I've never ever been happier.

My excessively long spreadsheets are about marijuana.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:09 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm probably not that good anymore. All of the stuff on the farm is not terribly complicated. Extensive, but not complicated. But I used to make them SING.
I know enough to be dangerous it is a good skill to have generally but I never use it at my job. But damn a lot of my friends just take all the data and make it their bitch. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:18 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve got some really business sensitive data sitting on them too.
I spent $50 shipping a laptop back after the company's incompetence in getting me a label and box.... I don't want that data, whether I'm technically legally responsible for it or not, and willing to spend money to make sure it's not my problem.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:19 PM 03-24-2023
Start parking Cadillacs and running numbers.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:20 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
HR shouldn’t exist. Provides literally zero value to the company or employees.
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Companies are generally grossly incompetent. HR is even more incompetent.

It's fucking mind boggling how bad HR is at their job, because they all got fucking hired by HR... you'd think they would be the most passionate, understanding people when it comes to the hiring process.

If anyone ever bitches about an interview process, not hearing back from a company, etc... I just tell them you can't ever judge a company based on HR (unless I guess you're in HR), nor should you completely dismiss a company for shitty HR... they're all fucking shitty.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 07:45 PM 03-24-2023
We are entering a recession, already have been in one, noneessential employees are going to be dropped by the hundreds of thousands. Kids that think they are important to company’s are in for a harsh reality.

If you don’t help production or help cutting the bottom line to keep KEY employees. You are out. Plain and simple.
[Reply]
scho63 07:53 PM 03-24-2023
Why larger companies don't want their laptops, computers or monitors returned?

These companies begin writing off these assets the second they arrive for distribution. They will continue to do so even as it sits in your possession after you no longer work there.

The costs for them to retrieve the items, reconfigure them, redistribute them or have them disposed /destroyed is very expensive and time consuming.

Unless a company just bought all brand new equipment and unexpectedly fires a large group of the people with them, many companies just say "Fuck it".

Many companies just prefer to "forget".
[Reply]
Page 10 of 25
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up