ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:53 PM 03-24-2023
You and your friends have lame ass bar conversations.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:54 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Cats are disgusting creatures and no one should own one unless on a farm. An individual who is willing to have a box full of shit in their house is beyond me.
drink antifreeze
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:55 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know people love their cats (love you Mr. Blowfish!) but I just can't see why somebody would want to own one over a dog. If you want somebody to ignore you, do the opposite of what you say, and only decide to give you love when THEY feel like it, go get married.
Objectively speaking, cats require less maintenance/attention and don't generally smell as strong as dogs.

On those bases alone, I can understand why someone would prefer to have a cat as a pet, even though I prefer dogs.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:56 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
You and your friends have lame ass bar conversations.
At least he was honest where he was and who he was with.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:56 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Cats are disgusting creatures and no one should own one unless on a farm. An individual who is willing to have a box full of shit in their house is beyond me.
This guy probably has dogs and lets them sleep on his couch/bed.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:57 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Agreed on rodents, but how do they control insects? Is that due to the lack of rodents?
They will either eat a bug or a spider if they see it, or pummel the thing playing with it until it's dead.

I think the mangled bodies of the bugs they don't eat probably send a very effective message to the others.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:58 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This guy probably has dogs and lets them sleep on his couch/bed.
With piles of shit all over his backyard
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:58 PM 03-24-2023
I have two outdoor cats. They are fixed and they keep the mice population down.
They are fun creatures at our lake home and we enjoy them.
And man one of them loves to fish.
I could grab a fish pole and walk down to the lake and he is right on me. I occasionally will see this cat on some random dudes bass boat on the lake. I will yell out "Hey that's my cat" and the response is usually "He snuck on and he isn't bothering me"
Most of the fisherman that come frequently know the cat pretty well and they even seek him out to join up and fish.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:58 PM 03-24-2023
Man, some of you guys have bad luck with cats :-). Had a fat orange tabby and that was one lovable motherfucker.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
We have one that adores us, me especially, as much as any golden retriever would. Follows me around, fetches things, paces around waiting for me when I'm gone or watches from the upstairs window. Not every cat is aloof or mercurial, though I grant that is more the norm.

He sleeps on top of my gym shoes or in a pile of my gym clothes, if that isn't love...
To be fair, even dogs have varying personalities. We have cats and dogs all over the place and other than sharing some general personality traits, they're all somewhat different.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:59 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
They will either eat a bug or a spider if they see it, or pummel the thing playing with it until it's dead.

I think the mangled bodies of the bugs they don't eat probably send a very effective message to the others.
One of my cats enjoyed hunting moths. During our annual moth migration in Denver, I would yell, "Moth! Moth!" if a moth was flying around bothering me, and the cat would come running into the room to take it out.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:01 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This thread is trash and so are half the posters on this god forsaken site
Lighten up Francis. Maybe you should log off for a little while. My Mom isn't going to fuck herself.
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:05 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This thread is trash and so are half the posters on this god forsaken site
A team name change from Chiefs to Ragdolls would serve us right.
[Reply]
Donger 01:05 PM 03-24-2023
Do cats show remorse when they know that they've been assholes like most dogs do? If so, I've never witnessed it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:05 PM 03-24-2023
Both of our cats are indoor cats. But one of them loves eating cicadas and runs on the deck to get them.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up