ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 26
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
Balto 12:28 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
You never mention Dogs. Guessing that your saying Alpha males have dogs and Beta cats.

What about those stupid small little white dogs everyone has these days? I'd rather have any cat than a small toy type dog.

Just not sure why anyone would ever get a small dog over a cat.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:28 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You have to pay for them.
Not true, unless you count feeding them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:29 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
It's a farm, there are a thousand ways to die
And more often than not, they just run off.

We lost a cat a year ago that we thought the coyotes grabbed. Turns out he's been staying at the farm about 3/4 of a mile away all this time. Saw him on my way home the other day.

That's the thing about cats. They just do whatever the fuck they want. Doesn't matter how dumb it might be.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:29 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
You never mention Dogs. Guessing that your saying Alpha males have dogs and Beta cats.

What about those stupid small little white dogs everyone has these days? I'd rather have any cat than a small toy type dog.

2 words, peanut butter
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:

I have a small dog (I have big dogs too). The best part about him is that he chases the cats around. They love him because they get attention from him without having to beg for it.
[Reply]
notorious 12:30 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
What, ummm, happens to them?
We gas them. duh.

The alpha male cat, who I call Pawnmower, beats the shit out of the new blood. They get pushed to the outer edge of the farmstead where they either run off or coyotes get them at night.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 03-24-2023
And for the record, this alpha/beta shit is pretty stupid. If a dude wants to own a cat, more power to him. I'm still going to tell him he's dumb for getting a cat but that doesn't make him less of a man.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 12:33 PM 03-24-2023
Personally, I don't like cats. But I also don't like people who gatekeep masculinity or judge others based on the pets they keep. I kind of prefer the "mind my own fucking business" way of living.
[Reply]
Donger 12:33 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
We gas them. duh.

The alpha male cat, who I call Pawnmower, beats the shit out of the new blood. They get pushed to the outer edge of the farmstead where they either run off or coyotes get them at night.
Okay. I had a mental image of a small shower building filled with little pellets of Zyklon-B and a tiny furnace.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
We gas them. duh.

We had one of those toms for a couple of years. Then one night, my daughter hit a feral about a half mile from our house. She took it to the vet to have him put to sleep because his back half was mangled but the vet examined him and all he could find was a broken pelvis. They stitched him up and brought him back here. He fit in pretty well, until he healed. Turns out he was a bigger alpha than the one we already had. The king got dethroned. The usurper now lives with my daughter. Fucker was a straight up asshole.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:34 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
If you own a cat, keep it indoors. It is healthier for them.

Cats kill millions of songbirds each year. Inexcusable.

[Reply]
notorious 12:35 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And more often than not, they just run off.

We lost a cat a year ago that we thought the coyotes grabbed. Turns out he's been staying at the farm about 3/4 of a mile away all this time. Saw him on my way home the other day.

That's the thing about cats. They just do whatever the **** they want. Doesn't matter how dumb it might be.
Heh, same thing happened to us. Drove up to a farm 2 miles away looking for one of my dogs and out walks one of our cats named PB (Pot Belly, not prison bitch).

Dude was jacked to the max. Been eating a lot of mice and birds, and evidently banging some weights in the downtime. Talked to the farm owner, told him the story, and let him keep the cat. My kids and I visit him from time to time. Pretty cool
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 03-24-2023
RadarChief,

We get that all the time, the fuckers kill rodents or small snakes, bite the heads off, and leave the rotting corpses on the welcome mat in front of the front door.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:36 PM 03-24-2023
Cats are disgusting creatures and no one should own one unless on a farm. An individual who is willing to have a box full of shit in their house is beyond me.
[Reply]
notorious 12:37 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We had one of those toms for a couple of years. Then one night, my daughter hit a feral about a half mile from our house. She took it to the vet to have him put to sleep because his back half was mangled but the vet examined him and all he could find was a broken pelvis. They stitched him up and brought him back here. He fit in pretty well, until he healed. Turns out he was a bigger alpha than the one we already had. The king got dethroned. The usurper now lives with my daughter. ****er was a straight up asshole.
Now he destroys the females' pelvises.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 26
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up